Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Jameer Nelson and Delonte West St Joe's team
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That G'Town squad with Ewing
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

They won a ship '84. Beat Hakeem's Phi slam a Jamma squad in the finals.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Them ? was balling that year
  • king hassan
    moyo wrote: »

They won a ship '84. Beat Hakeem's Phi slam a Jamma squad in the finals.
    That's right, thinking when Villanova beat them
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 04-05 Illinois team with the 3 head monster of Deron Williams Dee Brown and Luther Head. Went all the way to the ship. Refs let Sean May Bulldoze us all night calling. And that lucky as tip in by Marvin Williams. Yeah I'm still mad lol

Fucccckkkk that '05 Illinois team bruh. I'm still hurt off that ass whooping ya'll gave my Cards in the Final Four that year. I swore Francisco Garcia and Taquan Dean was gone bring us a championship. This Louisville team was so damn underrated. Best one Pitino has ever coached in my opinion

52483002-francisco-garcia-and-taquan-dean-of-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QCEdcDJ8npfA2A8%2Fnl70CRngVLpgiC15h5yEuJxKWLGI
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was just gon mention them. Not a 'great' team, they aint play nobody lol But def a memorable team, i wanna say they still the last team to go indefeated thru the reg season

I used to feed their starting PFJohn Bryant in HS. He was a REALLY late bloomer.
  • S2J
    2000 Arizona was like the perfectly constructed college roster

Jason Gardner,Gilbert Arenas, Richard Jefferson, Michael Wright,Loren Woods.

Goon eugene edgerson off the bench, future, uh, nba pro luke walton off the bench

Lost to Duke in final 4

• 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1987 Syracuse Orangemen that had Derrick Coleman, Rony Siekaly and Sherman Douglas.....they lost to the Hoosiers In the title game that year
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • king hassan
    That Illinois team with Kendall Gill, Nick Anderson, Liberty, George squad from 88-89
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Illinois team with Kendall Gill, Nick Anderson, Liberty, George squad from 88-89

Forgot all about them.....that squad was no joke.....they beat the breaks off of Michigan twice that year but lost to Michigan 83-81 in the Final Four
  • ibestrokin
    ibestrokin Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    P. Town wrote: »
    The 04-05 Illinois team with the 3 head monster of Deron Williams Dee Brown and Luther Head. Went all the way to the ship. Refs let Sean May Bulldoze us all night calling. And that lucky as tip in by Marvin Williams. Yeah I'm still mad lol

Fucccckkkk that '05 Illinois team bruh. I'm still hurt off that ass whooping ya'll gave my Cards in the Final Four that year. I swore Francisco Garcia and Taquan Dean was gone bring us a championship. This Louisville team was so damn underrated. Best one Pitino has ever coached in my opinion

52483002-francisco-garcia-and-taquan-dean-of-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QCEdcDJ8npfA2A8%2Fnl70CRngVLpgiC15h5yEuJxKWLGI

got to disagree homeboy. garcia was point shaving and how they the best when they didnt win the chip. i understand what youre saying but that 2013 team with russ, bohannon, hancock and gorgi was all that we needed. and dont forget my man trel. and a big ? you to wayne blackshear.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before my time but Jordan at UNC had teameates that were good to great NBA Players Junior year Kenny Smith, Sam Perkins, Brad Daughtery and lost in 2nd round to Indiana
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Taquan was a best at Netune out here in Jersey
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    313 wayz wrote: »

Forgot all about them.....that squad was no joke.....they beat the breaks off of Michigan twice that year but lost to Michigan 83-81 in the Final Four

Its hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season. You see that a lot when they lose that last game after destroying them twice previously. Lol ? get tired of getting punked.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Taquan was a best at Netune out here in Jersey

Neptune always had a ill squad.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Buckeyes in the '06-'07 season that had Greg Oden...lost to Florida in the Title Game(? Florida!)

My Buckeyes in the '10-'11 season that lost to Kentucky in the Sweet 16.

My Buckeyes in the '11-'12 season that lost to Kansas in the Final Four.

My Buckeyes in the '12-'13 season that lost to Wichita St. in the Elite 8.

• BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Im sure its been done before but...

-Of course the Fab 5

-The UNLV team that didnt repeat

-1998 UNC. Vince Carter, Antwan Jamison, Ed Cota, Shammond Williams, Okulaja, Ndiaye, Haywood...Bruh!? To this day i blame Bill Guthridge for them not winnin it all. He stuck to that '6 starters' rotation and would have carter, jamison, cota and williams occaisionally comin off the bench. Shammond is the forgotten man he had a 40 point game that year. He came off the bench the game they lost in the final 4

2000 Cincy Bearcats-Kenyon Martin player of the year and #1 pick. Broke his leg right before the tourney. Team also had 6'9 SG Dermarr Johnson, Pete Myckael, Steve Logan, Kenny Satterfield. Used to ? wit this squad with the all black, black socks, and team Jordans

2008 Memphis-the Derrick Rose missed FTs squad. Also had Joey Dorsey, Robert Dozier, Antonio Anderson

2008 Tennesee- a team full of goons. Jajuan smith, raymar smith, tyler smith, jp prince, chris lofton was a great shooter, wayne chism. Beat Derrick rose Memphis squad that year in a #1 vs #2 matchup

Georgia Tech Lethal Weapon 3-Kenny Anderson, Dennis Scott, Brian Oliver

Take a trip down memory lane, add on...

One of my friends brother in law is Shammond he still gets alot of the old alumni together for games around their way
  • S2J
    edited February 2015

-Of course the Fab 5

-1998 UNC. Vince Carter, Antwan Jamison, Ed Cota, Shammond Williams, Okulaja, Ndiaye, Haywood...Bruh!? To this day i blame Bill Guthridge for them not winnin it all. He stuck to that '6 starters' rotation and would have carter, jamison, cota and williams occaisionally comin off the bench. Shammond is the forgotten man he had a 40 point game that year. He came off the bench the game they lost in the final 4

2000 Cincy Bearcats-Kenyon Martin player of the year and #1 pick. Broke his leg right before the tourney. Team also had 6'9 SG Dermarr Johnson, Pete Myckael, Steve Logan, Kenny Satterfield. Used to ? wit this squad with the all black, black socks, and team Jordans

2008 Memphis-the Derrick Rose missed FTs squad. Also had Joey Dorsey, Robert Dozier, Antonio Anderson

2008 Tennesee- a team full of goons. Jajuan smith, raymar smith, tyler smith, jp prince, chris lofton was a great shooter, wayne chism. Beat Derrick rose Memphis squad that year in a #1 vs #2 matchup

One of my friends brother in law is Shammond he still gets alot of the old alumni together for games around their way

Goat. Mna on a team of big names and future pros, even as a youngin i fuked with shammond so hard. Loved his game and i cant stress enough how epic that 40 spot was. Nggas in college dont drop 40, let alone w/ Jamison and Vince on your squad.

2 of my homies live in Greensboro they see Ed Cota all the time.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cota and Shammond were criminally underrated.
  • king hassan
    The 1989-90 Layola Marymount squad with Hank and Bo. They were beating the ? out of everybody
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    G

-Of course the Fab 5

Goat. Mna on a team of big names and future pros, even as a youngin i fuked with shammond so hard. Loved his game and i cant stress enough how epic that 40 spot was. Nggas in college dont drop 40, let alone w/ Jamison and Vince on your squad.

2 of my homies live in Greensboro they sEd Cota all the time.

That's awesome ? there Cota dne a lot of ? work for the heels when I was little shammond had some epic pickup games around the way he got ray felton, Antwan Jamison, Stackhouse, Sean may, Rasheed , Vince Carter. He gets a ton of respect from his peers even if he never had the career half these cats had

Seen Rasheed mama once too she crazy tall
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1989-90 Layola Marymount squad with Hank and Bo. They were beating the ? out of everybody

And they still made it to the Elite 8 after Hank died. They probably would have ? around and won it all if he had lived.
  • S2J
    Not an all time great but more of a favorite: '98 Rhode Island-Tyson Wheeler, Cuttino Mobley,Lamar Odom

Reached the elite 8.

Man i was a OG Lamar Odom fan ever since his junior year in HS, saw him in the lil parade magazineall american addition insert in the paper. Had him listed as a 6'9 pg. 1st team all american as a junior