Samsung Galaxy S6

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    can't take off the back to get to battery and no storage expansion....all hell naw

no sd card?
  • Bcotton5
    Cain wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Review!: https://youtu.be/5BvNHWQ-BiA

Drops in April

is the edge the same way?
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kakarot wrote: »
    No sd card = Trash.

Same with no removable battery that's why i bought samsung phones now they are like every other company's that makes phones.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battery ish I can probably overlook. I've had the s3, note3, and note4 and never changed batter but I need my expandable storage..

Won't be upgrading til next year anyway but let's hope this just for this phone and not the rest down the line..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on getting the M9, but they both come out the same day so I'll at least check this out in the store before I make a decision.
  • Bcotton5
    yea I was actually gonna buy this until this news came out, I got a 64gb sd card that Im not gonna part with
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rocking with @lamontbdc . Pure fuckery with no expansion and battery replacement. If I wanted to rent a phone, I'd get an iPhone.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just preordered my s6 128gig... idc about the no replacement battery or expansion... besides that hurry up April 10th I'm tired of this s3
  • The Lonious Monk
    Anybody picked up a new phone today? I got the M9. From what I hear it's barely an upgrade over the M8, but I'm coming from a Droid DNA and it feels great to me. I played with it side by side with the S6. I liked the M9 better, but the S6 and S6 Edge are dope phones.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody picked up a new phone today? I got the M9. From what I hear it's barely an upgrade over the M8, but I'm coming from a Droid DNA and it feels great to me. I played with it side by side with the S6. I liked the M9 better, but the S6 and S6 Edge are dope phones.

I have the Note 4 currently but I had the M8 and I noticed HTC while they make solid phones they don't pack a few of features such as the multi tasking split window where you can run two apps simultaneously.

The M8 also didn't have little lesser important features to me like the fingerprint scanner and private mode.

I loved the premium build, the Boomsound speakers when I was playing Pandora and Spotify, and the Sense UI.
  • kingofkingz
    I got my s6 64 gig today. I'm loving this phone
  • Bcotton5
    Kakarot wrote: »
    No sd card = Trash.

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Copped a LG G3 today, it's beast mode with that display...

The S6's are nice but not enough bang for the buck considering I was able to get the G3 for free...

They need to work on more features for that edge display as what they have is not all that great according to the internets...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The M9 was basically free with Verizon's Edge program. It costs $25 a month to pay for the phone, but they give you a $25 line credit if you have a data package of 10gb or more.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Got the S6 so far so good. Got the 64g joint the Lollipop os is smooth and the phone is fast. Battery life is great cause I've been testing the hell out of it been on it all day heavy and have yet to charge it. Couple of things I don't like but that's cosmetic. I don't like where headphone jack is placed rather it be on top instead of the bottom. Dont like how the camera is not flush with the back of the phone. Again those are just nitpicky things but besides that I'm pleased with the phone for now.

Tried to root it last night BUT AT&T and Version variants bootloader are locked so no root is available smh. All other variants can be rooted in 5min.

@cain, you didnt know the booloader was locked prior to buying/getting it? Thats why im never buying another Samsung from AT&T
  • AP21
    @cain, they might have released Safestrap for it. Look into that
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still haven't gotten past the bootloader on the Note 4 for AT&T or Verizon and it's been 6 months. Chances are slim.
  • AP21
    then chances are it aint happening...

so for me, its either the nexus 6 or the next oneplus phone
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »

Yea full lockdown on Samsung phones with AT&T or Verizon unless you got the Verizon developer edition. They tried and raised extremely large bounties for months but at this point, they've practically given up. Just a warning to anyone buying Samsung on AT&T or Verizon.

Dunno about other manufacturers yet. Think the M9 already has a root on AT&T. Not on Verizon though.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played around with this phone in Best Buy while ago and it's not really enough or any upgrade over my Note 4.

It's a couple of little tweaks to software, but not enough to upgrade to a smaller screen or lose S-Pen functionality.

Note 4 still best phone on the market imo I'll see what the LG 4 is about but I'll probably wait until the Note 5 before I seriously consider upgrading.
  • Bcotton5
    AP21 wrote: »

Yea full lockdown on Samsung phones with AT&T or Verizon unless you got the Verizon developer edition. They tried and raised extremely large bounties for months but at this point, they've practically given up. Just a warning to anyone buying Samsung on AT&T or Verizon.

Dunno about other manufacturers yet. Think the M9 already has a root on AT&T. Not on Verizon though.

damn i got verizon i lost
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Played around with this phone in Best Buy while ago and it's not really enough or any upgrade over my Note 4.

It's a couple of little tweaks to software, but not enough to upgrade to a smaller screen or lose S-Pen functionality.

Note 4 still best phone on the market imo I'll see what the LG 4 is about but I'll probably wait until the Note 5 before I seriously consider upgrading.

The note 3 still going strong too.
  • kingofkingz
    What's the point of rooting ya phone? What benefits do u get from doing that??
  • The Lonious Monk
    What's the point of rooting ya phone? What benefits do u get from doing that??

You can get rid of bloatware, customize it even more than usual, improve battery life, and improve performance in some cases.