Jameis Winston's career. Better or worse than Eli Manning?

Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    two superbowl wins against the greatest Quarterback of all time is gonna be a hard to beat

Lmao.

That DLine > Eli

Easily.

I didn't see tuck, strahan, or JPP throw any touchdowns in those Super Bowls

You're a ? idiot, A real ?

In that case I didn't see Eli hold one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history to 14 points

? ?

it's not like the Giants won the game 3-0
    their defense shutting down the patriots offense would've been for nothing had Eli not thrown two touchdowns in the fourth quarter including the game winner. how can you look pass that?

as great as that defense played they still gave up a lead with 2 or 3 minutes left in the game. who bailed them out?

http://youtu.be/U10h0YTmxjQ

lol ? how you gonna act like Eli wasn't responsible for the only touchdowns the Giants scored in that super bowl?
    like they was gonna win the game only scoring 3 points to the patriots 14
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    two superbowl wins against the greatest Quarterback of all time is gonna be a hard to beat

Lmao.

That DLine > Eli

Easily.

In that case I didn't see Eli hold one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history to 14 points

? ?

their defense shutting down the patriots offense would've been for nothing had Eli not thrown two touchdowns in the fourth quarter including the game winner. how can you look pass that?

as great as that defense played they still gave up a lead with 2 or 3 minutes left in the game. who bailed them out?

lol ? how you gonna act like Eli wasn't responsible for the only touchdowns the Giants scored in that super bowl?

I can name a bunch QBs in the league that could've been in Eli's spot in that game and did just as good if not better.

I can't give you ONE defense that would've done the same thing to that Pats offense.

Yes Eli did good late, but the defense was obviously a more valuable piece than Eli.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    and we've also seen defenses like the ravens and the jets shut down the patriots in the playoffs since that super bowl. but that's irrelevant. just like bringing up what other quarterbacks could've done if they were in Eli's position is irrelavent. they weren't in his position. he has just as much to do with those super bowl wins as his defense. it's a team sport. he's been incredibly inconsistent. no denying that. but it's laughable he doesn't get enough credit for those super bowl runs.
    if this was any other quarterback yall give them their props. but with Eli there's an asterisk
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Eli's career is better than what Jameis will do
    coop9889 wrote: »

Lmao.

That DLine > Eli

Easily.

? ?

I can name a bunch QBs in the league that could've been in Eli's spot in that game and did just as good if not better.

I can't give you ONE defense that would've done the same thing to that Pats offense.

Yes Eli did good late, but the defense was obviously a more valuable piece than Eli.

Yet those other QB arent good enough to lead more talented teams into those spots so LMAO at thinking they would have done so with the Giants.

Tony Romo isnt one of those QB's so I know that your hurts soul.

Eli Manning Performance in the 2nd Super Bowl Run outplaying Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

Wild Card

NYG – Eli Manning – 23/32, 277 YDS, 3 TD

Division

NYG – Eli Manning – 21/33, 330 YDS, 3 TD, INT

Championship Game -(which was his Worst Game against one of top Defenses in the NFL on the Road)

NYG – Eli Manning – 32/58, 316 YDS, 2 TD

Superbowl MVP Performance

NYG – Eli Manning – 30/40, 296 YDS, TD

• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Eli is half ? . An idiot savant. At times he looks like the worst qb in the league and then at other times he looks pretty damn good. I could see Winston following this same route. He has all the physical tools but is he mentally strong enough to live up to the potential?
  • coop9889
    edited February 2015
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Lmao.

That DLine > Eli

Easily.

? ?

Yet those other QB arent good enough to lead more talented teams into those spots so LMAO at thinking they would have done so with the Giants.

Tony Romo isnt one of those QB's so I know that your hurts soul.

Eli Manning Performance in the 2nd Super Bowl Run outplaying Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

Wild Card

NYG – Eli Manning – 23/32, 277 YDS, 3 TD

Division

NYG – Eli Manning – 21/33, 330 YDS, 3 TD, INT

Championship Game -(which was his Worst Game against one of top Defenses in the NFL on the Road)

NYG – Eli Manning – 32/58, 316 YDS, 2 TD

Superbowl MVP Performance

NYG – Eli Manning – 30/40, 296 YDS, TD

Completely missing the point.

My point being: There's nothing about Eli to say that no other good/great QB couldn't have done what Eli did in Eli's shoes in that Superbowl. Including Romo.

Nothing you wrote has anything to do with that.

But this isnt a Eli bash thread. His defense got hot at the right times, and he made the throws he needed to make to win 2 rings. I give him props, but Im not overrating his performance like you ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli has 2 super bowl MVps and still might not make the HOF
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants fans love to give Eli all the props and give none to the defense who at the least was equally important to those Super Bowls. We get it he made some spectacular plays, but bruh his defense held the then GOAT offense to 14 points, after they had averaged 32 that year, less than half they regular season total. I'm sorry I can't say Eli had a bigger impact than the D.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants fans love to give Eli all the props and give none to the defense who at the least was equally important to those Super Bowls. We get it he made some spectacular plays, but bruh his defense held the then GOAT offense to 14 points, after they had averaged 32 that year, less than half they regular season total. I'm sorry I can't say Eli had a bigger impact than the D.

I can't speak for the fans outside of this board but inside here it's the other way around. All of the Giants fans in hear will tell you that the first Super Bowl run the defense did the most work with Eli coming up clutch when he had too. It's the second Super Bowl run is when a lot of people overlook what Eli did. You have to remember, from the beginning to the middle of that season the defense was ass and Eli had a couple of come from behind wins to make up for what the defense didn't do. The defense didn't show up until the last part of the season plus the playoffs. Eli had some good ass numbers in that playoff run plus the Super Bowl.
  • coop9889
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

I can't speak for the fans outside of this board but inside here it's the other way around. All of the Giants fans in hear will tell you that the first Super Bowl run the defense did the most work with Eli coming up clutch when he had too. It's the second Super Bowl run is when a lot of people overlook what Eli did. You have to remember, from the beginning to the middle of that season the defense was ass and Eli had a couple of come from behind wins to make up for what the defense didn't do. The defense didn't show up until the last part of the season plus the playoffs. Eli had some good ass numbers in that playoff run plus the Super Bowl.

Nah in BOTH years they won the superbowl their regular season wasn't impressive AT ALL. No one is saying the defense had a bigger impact than him in the regular season... Their regular season isn't even worth discussing.

Just strictly playoffs/super bowl
  • bigev240
    Options

Nah in BOTH years they won the superbowl their regular season wasn't impressive AT ALL. No one is saying the defense had a bigger impact than him in the regular season... Their regular season isn't even worth discussing.

Just strictly playoffs/super bowl

True. But even then there are some people that will still believe that Eli didn't do much in the playoffs.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought defense wins championship. Nah to the ic
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    2 Super Bowls is an extremely high bar to set. I think he can have better regular season numbers (and post season as well over a career) than Eli but actually getting 2 rings? Idk about all that.

I do think Tampa is a great situation for him and the off field ? is overblown by ESPN.

A safe bet to me would be better numbers, less rings.

This right here. .eli drives me nuts as a giants fan. I think nfl network need to pick an eli to compare winston to for an accurate comparison. Are we talking bout 5 ints reg season game ? throws eli or
    Playoff highlight reel eli..either way I dont see this guy getting two rings
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    He has less room for error due to being a black QB.

Due to colorism/subconscious racism the media will be harder on him if he doesnt do well like RG3, or not give his QB IQ enough credit and look for other reasons for his success such as "athleticism" or say he's a game manager with talent around him that's easy to win with.

Whatever the case nay be i wish him a superbowl out he gate to shut the detractors the ? up. I love seeing a black man succeed in a white mans world, and if you real so do you.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Eli is a proven NFL player I cant give Jamesis any props over Eli until he proves himself.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when Elisha wins that 3rd chip, I wonder what the haters will say then

I bet they'll still find a way to hate
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Jameis has a career like Eli then he'll be the best Black qb ever
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Moon > Eli
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a wild statement to think about.
  • bigev240
    Options
    My question is why Eli. Should we be comparing Jameis to a QB that was just drafted like Luck, RGIII, someone like that.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My question is why Eli. Should we be comparing Jameis to a QB that was just drafted like Luck, RGIII, someone like that.

I think the Eli comparison is obecause Jameis will be the 1st overall pick & they're both QB's
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jameis will have the better career.

I now saw them break it down. Jameis actually has throwing mechanics similar to Eli, similar size, both average-at-best athleticism (Eli actually ran a faster 40), arm strength, both true pocket passers and have a rep for occasionally throwin the ball up for grabs.

Scouts are higher on jameis than E. Manning on football IQ. But the similarities is there if you look beyond skin tone.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McNair > Eli

Naw
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jameis will have the better career.
    And I actually forgot but when Eli was drafted the big knock on him was that he wasn't known as a leader. That was a big question when former players (like Tiki Barber) agreed that he wasn't a leader. No one questions if Jameis is a leader of men in the huddle.