President Obama has vetoed the Keystone Pipeline Bill: Is this good/bad for the US?

2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Good move
    janklow wrote: »
    We definitely agree on Hillary. There's a reason she's been pretty quiet on this issue.....after her Iraq War vote, she doesn't take strong stands on much of anything. Whatever the wind blows or the party base goes, that's her stance. Could be a good thing if she runs for prez though
    i have no doubt that her pliable, phony nature will help her run for president; i just think it also makes her a bad person

If Hillary runs, I'll do whatever I can to try to make her lose. I don't trust that ? AT ALL, not after the mess she helped create in Libya.

I'd rather Elizabeth Warren run on the Democratic side.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Good move
    I really don't see Hillary winning despite the fact that democrats on msnbc make it sound like the presidency is already hers. She lost once already so she's not bulletproof. She might look like the perfect candidate on paper(former senator and secretary of state. husband was president) but at the end of the day she just doesn't come across as a like-able person(no offense but she gives off this vibe of being a cold hearted ? ). I could see Jeb Bush taking it if Republicans can get their ? together in the primaries. Even democrats down here in FL liked the guy when he was governor. The only thing that could stop him are those ? conservatives in the primary forcing everybody to go as far to the right as they can for approval.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Bad idea
    i am sure i don't like Warren but she may be a better person than Hillary
    housemouse wrote: »
    I could see Jeb Bush taking it if Republicans can get their ? together in the primaries. Even democrats down here in FL liked the guy when he was governor. The only thing that could stop him are those ? conservatives in the primary forcing everybody to go as far to the right as they can for approval.
    that and 1000000 ads that will basically be saying "don't vote for Jeb Bush if you didn't like George W Bush"

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Good move
    i am sure i don't like Warren but she may be a better person than Hillary
    housemouse wrote: »
    I could see Jeb Bush taking it if Republicans can get their ? together in the primaries. Even democrats down here in FL liked the guy when he was governor. The only thing that could stop him are those ? conservatives in the primary forcing everybody to go as far to the right as they can for approval.
    that and 1000000 ads that will basically be saying "don't vote for Jeb Bush if you didn't like George W Bush"

Those ads would be very successful lol....Jeb Bush finished 4th place among Republicans in CPAC last week, the writing is on the wall for him.
  • janklow
    Bad idea
    Those ads would be very successful lol....Jeb Bush finished 4th place among Republicans in CPAC last week, the writing is on the wall for him.
    bolded the relevant part

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Good move
    bolded the relevant part

Good point lol.....still, it doesn't seem the base is crazy about him (so far). My money is on Scott Walker or Rand Paul getting the nomination. Jeb Bush seems to like illegals too much for the base to nominate him, but he does have the Bush machine behind him so anything can happen.
  • janklow
    Bad idea
    i'd like to make a prediction, but man, it's still SO early in the scheme of things... so who knows. but Walker/Paul/Bush is much more likely than the Cruzes of the world