Comments

• KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    They matched up poorly against the Warriors. Because otherwise they would've beaten the Jazz and then beat the Spurs (who they used to give work to in those years) and they definitely beat the Cavs in the Finals.

Bad matchup...but if they deserve to be mentioned in this thread they would of handled business in a tough series, now the team that lost to the Heat in what most would call the worst officiated series of all time that team could be mentioned, up 2-0 in the series then just ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    They matched up poorly against the Warriors. Because otherwise they would've beaten the Jazz and then beat the Spurs (who they used to give work to in those years) and they definitely beat the Cavs in the Finals.

Bad matchup...but if they deserve to be mentioned in this thread they would of handled business in a tough series, now the team that lost to the Heat in what most would call the worst officiated series of all time that team could be mentioned, up 2-0 in the series then just ?

The thread is best teams to not win a championship. The OP never specified that the team had to lose in a specific round. The 2007 Mavs won 67 games.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

The thread is best teams to not win a championship. The OP never specified that the team had to lose in a specific round. The 2007 Mavs won 67 games.

I know there's no specifics but they lost in the first round to an 8th seed, I don't care if it was a bad matchup, they shouldn't be mentioned
  • 5th Letter
    Options

I know there's no specifics but they lost in the first round to an 8th seed, I don't care if it was a bad matchup, they shouldn't be mentioned
    Because they lost in the first round? That doesn't disqualify them.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

I didn't mention run TMC because they were never really a legitimate threat to win the title, but a great regular season team, there is no specifics but I think when you're remembered for getting upset in the first round you shouldn't be mentioned
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Ooook , lot of revisionist history history goin on here.

Other than Portland and Sac, all these teams are just favorites and really good teams, they werent nearly as close as yall gassin

Pippen should have shared mvp with Hakeem? Lol You high! Pip led them in all categories, but he still 'only' came with 22, 6, and 5. Good numbers but cmon. Hakeem was on some 27,10, 4, and 4. Stop it
    Edit: scottiie that year 22, 8rpg, and 5apg, 3spg. Great year but Hakeem avg 27, 12, 4blks, 4apg[/quote
    Ur also forgetting the fact the Bulls won 55 games that year, only two more games than they won the previous year with MJ. That along with the fact that they were a horrible call against Pip from goin to the Eastern conference finals. Plus Pip was the all star game mvp, and led the Bulls in all categories. I stand by what I say, that man should have gotten a piece of that mvp.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is it about 80% of mvps, once 5, 10 years pass, 'should have went to ____'???

Got damn. 10 years from now, if Curry win MVP, Harden was robbed!!

Same ngga if Harden win, Curry was ROBBED!

The nature of nggas never ceases to amaze me
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    '94 Knicks

Gahdamn

Greg Anthony
    Pat Ewing
    John Starks
    Charles Oakley
    Anthony Mason

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is it about 80% of mvps, once 5, 10 years pass, 'should have went to ____'???

Got damn. 10 years from now, if Curry win MVP, Harden was robbed!!

Same ngga if Harden win, Curry was ROBBED!

The nature of nggas never ceases to amaze me

Hush.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

I didn't mention run TMC because they were never really a legitimate threat to win the title, but a great regular season team, there is no specifics but I think when you're remembered for getting upset in the first round you shouldn't be mentioned
    Those teams aren't comparable.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How could we forget 03-04 nets with J-Kidd Kenyon Martin Vince Carter Richard Jefferson
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    How could we forget 03-04 nets with J-Kidd Kenyon Martin Vince Carter Richard Jefferson

That was 01-02 wasn't it?
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't forget about the 2007 Cavs that got upset by the Spurs in the Finals.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

None of those Nets teams warrant a mention imo. As fun as those teams were they were a product of a weak eastern conference.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might have been 01-02 thought Vince came a little later their bench might not have been deep but put someone else in Byron Scott shoes they might could have gave the Lakers a better series
  • moyo
    Options
    The Eastern conference was weak as sugar water in the early 2000's. ? didn't even out til Detroit stunned the Lakers in '04 & Shaq left to play in Miami.!
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Might have been 01-02 thought Vince came a little later their bench might not have been deep but put someone else in Byron Scott shoes they might could have gave the Lakers a better series

Vince joined the Nets in the middle of 2004-05 season.
  • moyo
    Options

The '02 Nets didn't stand a chance against the Lakers, but they held up well against the Spurs in '03. They could have stolen it if Timmy wouldn't have went off and Steve Kerr didn't get hot in game 6.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Orlando Magic '95

Shaq, Penny, 3D, Horace, Nick Anderson

My ? !
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    93 Phoenix Suns...Barkley,KJ,Thunder Dan should have got that ring until that no name white boy hit that 3 smh
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »

The '02 Nets didn't stand a chance against the Lakers, but they held up well against the Spurs in '03. They could have stolen it if Timmy wouldn't have went off and Steve Kerr didn't get hot in game 6.

Lol This is the worst fuking thread ever.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The year Sacramento got cheated
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    2007 Hornets

Prime MVP CP3
    Young David West