Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in The Social Lounge

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sucker punching ? on a power trip, i cant wait till the crowd tyrns on one of these cops one day.

They get tunnel vision when they behave like that. Perfect time to kick one in the face.

LMAO @ charging him in a threatening/menacing way. Thats the go-to defense.
    The other part is the city has to pay the lawsuits. They should garnish these cops to offset the cost.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You get video evidence and they still try spin it, incredible.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Igot5onit wrote: »

I don't think it's a spin. I honestly think some of these cops really do see things the way they say. It's a manifestation of their racism. They've basically done studies how black people automatically look older and more aggressive to white people for some reason. So for a lot of these cops, any act other than compliance is pretty much taken as an act of aggression. That's why people need to learn to chill when they deal with the cops. I ain't saying bow down or be a bootlicker, but when a cop comes up to you and gives instruction, as a black person it's probably not a good idea to throw your arms up and openly defy those instructions especially over some trivial ? . It ain't fair, but that's the way of the world we live in. It makes much more sense to come out of the confrontation alive and unhurt first and foremost, and then take whatever action is necessary afterwards.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah talkin about some "The video only shows part of what happened". I guess we must have missed the legally justified punch that was thrown off camera.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cops blatantly lie about incidents all the time yet their word is still taken as the absolute truth
    housemouse wrote: »
    Yeah talkin about some "The video only shows part of what happened". I guess we must have missed the legally justified punch that was thrown off camera.

when it shows them in a bad light or obvious lie its always "just only part of what happened" when its the other way around then the video is proof
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think it's a spin. I honestly think some of these cops really do see things the way they say. It's a manifestation of their racism. They've basically done studies how black people automatically look older and more aggressive to white people for some reason. So for a lot of these cops, any act other than compliance is pretty much taken as an act of aggression. That's why people need to learn to chill when they deal with the cops. I ain't saying bow down or be a bootlicker, but when a cop comes up to you and gives instruction, as a black person it's probably not a good idea to throw your arms up and openly defy those instructions especially over some trivial ? . It ain't fair, but that's the way of the world we live in. It makes much more sense to come out of the confrontation alive and unhurt first and foremost, and then take whatever action is necessary afterwards.

lol... or they are lying pieces of ? and we should fight back with all our might...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

lol... or they are lying pieces of ? and we should fight back with all our might...

Some certainly are. Wildin' out every time a cop says something to you isn't a good idea either way.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh, these cops kno it's your word vs. theirs

I've had a cop str8 up lie in the report to make the arrest look justified like in this incident, they be knowingly on that ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »

I've had a cop str8 up lie in the report to make the arrest look justified like in this incident, they be knowingly on that ?

lol Well of course they will lie after the fact. You expect them write a report saying "I was scared of that lil ? and overreacted by punching him" I'm not claiming these cops are stand up or honest. I'm just saying I don't think it's necessarily spin when he says he thought the kid was coming at him aggressively. That's just how deep their racism goes. No matter what we do they see us as aggressive animals.
  • Brian B.
    Options

lol Well of course they will lie after the fact. You expect them write a report saying "I was scared of that lil ? and overreacted by punching him" I'm not claiming these cops are stand up or honest. I'm just saying I don't think it's necessarily spin when he says he thought the kid was coming at him aggressively. That's just how deep their racism goes. No matter what we do they see us as aggressive animals.

Lmao exactly, bruh you smarter than that

they knowingly lie in the report, cuz they kno if they told the truth ? wouldn't fly.. is that not a spin of the truth? Lol
  • Brian B.
    Options
    After the club a group of us was talkin in the parking lot

police are already out in the street when the club let's out

me & my homie start walkin back thru the lot to our cars, then 2 cop cars pulled up in front of us told us hands on the hood

he starts the pat down & I asked "is it against the law to talk?"

he said "you'll see" & immediately cuffed me

in the report he said he observed me causing so much of a disturbance for 10mins that cars were stopping in the street. Said I wasn't following orders & tried to go in my pocket, but I was already handcuffed sittin on the ground.

He knew wtf he was doin & it was the last day of the month too so he was tryna get that quota
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

they knowingly lie in the report, cuz they kno if they told the truth ? wouldn't fly.. is that not a spin of the truth? Lol

You're speaking in generalities and I'm speaking about this particular case. The cop said he punched the boy because the boy was coming at him aggressively. It's possible that's just a flat out lie and he just punched the kid because he wanted to and then lied in the report to mitigate it. It's also possible that in that interaction he perceived the kids actions as more hostile and aggressive than they were and is being honest when he said that he was responding to a potential threat.

Some of ya'll have such a simplistic view of racism. It's not always a matter of a white person simply hating a black person and acting in an overly racist manner. A lot of the time, it's white people having these ingrained prejudices and negative expectations of black people, and acting on those things rather than what black people are actually displaying. Again, this isn't me blowing smoke. There have actually been scientific studies done on this. For whatever reason white people, white police included, automatically see black people as being threatening.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're speaking in generalities and I'm speaking about this particular case. The cop said he punched the boy because the boy was coming at him aggressively. It's possible that's just a flat out lie and he just punched the kid because he wanted to and then lied in the report to mitigate it. It's also possible that in that interaction he perceived the kids actions as more hostile and aggressive than they were and is being honest when he said that he was responding to a potential threat.

Some of ya'll have such a simplistic view of racism. It's not always a matter of a white person simply hating a black person and acting in an overly racist manner. A lot of the time, it's white people having these ingrained prejudices and negative expectations of black people, and acting on those things rather than what black people are actually displaying. Again, this isn't me blowing smoke. There have actually been scientific studies done on this. For whatever reason white people, white police included, automatically see black people as being threatening.

Cop put his hands on the dude like you would do somebody that's much smaller then you cuz you know they will not do anything back.

Cop was acting like bully. Plain and simple.

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad this thing got caught on tape......
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cops feel entitled, they feel like they're supposed to be able to do this ?

Fellow officers will look at this ? and defend it
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The cop was being disrespectful by putting his hands on that guy like that. Citizens have rights and I'm tired of seeing this kind of ? by cops.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They do not imagine that someone is coming toward them aggressively. It's a lie.