Asians Rally Around Chinese Pig who Killed Unarmed Black Man in Brooklyn

Options
StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/26/1366989/-Chinese-rally-around-police-officer-who-killed-Akai-Gurley-growing-petition-has-122-000-signatures#

Officer Peter Liang, after he shot and killed Brooklyn resident Akai Gurley, argued with his partner for several minutes over whether or not he should even call the shooting in. Stepping over the wounded man, Liang instead texted his union rep and ignored calls from the ambulance who was searching for their exact whereabouts.
In spite of all of this, and for some of the most twisted reasons imaginable, a White House petition for the indictment against Peter Liang to be dropped has been started. Started by a Chinese woman in California, its goal was 100,000 signatures, but the petition surpassed that in just a few days. It reads:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Demand Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth P. Thompson to withdraw indictment against Asian minority Officer Peter Liang!

Prosecutors indicts Officer Liang for Political Gain! Asian American Police Officer Becomes Scapegoat!

NYPD Officer, Peter liang told his superiors that his gun had gone off unintentionally, the bullet rattling off a wall and into an unsuspecting man’s chest, killing Akai Gurley.

Nonetheless, the circumstances surrounding Mr. Gurley’s death lead to a manslaughter indictment this week, whereas police officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner case were never charged. Criminal charges appeared more likely in the later two cases, but these two non-Asian Police Officers were never charged.

In essence, this petition states that because white officers got away with killing Michael Brown and Eric Garner, it's unjust for Peter Liang to have to pay any type of price for killing Akai Gurley and asserts that he is only being prosecuted because he's an Asian American.
Beyond the reality that the basic facts of each of those cases are very different, the argument that if some officers get away with killing unarmed black men, then all officers should get away with killing unarmed black men is downright ugly.

From the day the shooting of Akai Gurley was first reported, it was clear that Officer Liang acted recklessly and demonstrated absolutely zero regard for his well-being after the fact—even claiming that the bullet "flew out" of his gun as if it had a mind of its own and wasn't actually told to project out of the gun by the trigger finger of Liang. Furthermore, it's against police policy for officers to walk through buildings with their finger on the trigger as guns are drawn.

Lastly, while the shooting death of Michael Brown and choking death of Eric Garner were unjust and avoidable, Akai Gurley wasn't even being confronted or arrested for anything, but was simply walking through his apartment building. Whereas Darren Wilson claimed to fear for his life and Daniel Pantaleo claimed to be using a legal hold to restrain Eric Garner, Peter Liang can say no such thing.

I understand the desire to stand up for someone you believe has been wronged. I really do. But Peter Liang is a terrible example for the Chinese community to rally behind and they are doing so at the expense of an innocent young father who should still be alive today. Ultimately, all of this feels very much like a sick case of deja vu in which black victims of police violence are used as a rallying force for communities who love the officer and express next to no regard for the victim.

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn people will try to get away with anything these days.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I called this ? in the first topic we had about this. It was so obvious that this Asian dude was going actually be indicted and used as the proxy for ? cops. Like Zombie said, it should be expected that the Asian community would rally around him especially when they've seen so many other cops get away completely free for doing as bad or worse.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol... they want to be white sooooooo bad... lol
    foh

Its called sticking up for ya own.
    Something ? know nothing of.
    I would call ? monkeys, but that would b an insult to monkeys, cause monkeys would ride for one another.

But hey, keep being "progressive" without progressing your community n the next generation.
    Also, shout out to the "? africa", and " im not black, im just american" crowd.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    They're right to point out the racial hypocrisy. In fact I'm glad they are.

The question is what direction it'll take. If it goes towards pushing for all the cops to be indicted, cool.

If they pushing for the right to ? blacks like whites do, well... that's all kinds of ? up. But they never cared for us anyway.

This is a reminder of the racial hierarchy. White man first, dog second, and black last. That means Asians have a spot before us and after dogs.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    not surprising that the cop that gets indicted isnt white.

strangely enough, this one does sound like a horrible freak accident, if the bullet bounced and hit Gurley. This guy is a ? cop, but I dont think he actually intended to ? gurley. should still be punished though.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta wrongs with this case and I still don't expect a guilty verdict
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why can't we ? ? with impunity too?

not surprising that the cop that gets indicted isnt white.

strangely enough, this one does sound like a horrible freak accident, if the bullet bounced and hit Gurley. This guy is a ? cop, but I dont think he actually intended to ? gurley.
    Yet he didn't bother getting him help while he died

Called his union rep and then wondered if he should report it at all
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    foh

I would call ? monkeys, but that would b an insult to monkeys, cause monkeys would ride for one another.

But hey, keep being "progressive" without progressing your community n the next generation.

u upset about somethin my ? ??
    u need a hug?? lol
  • D0wn
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    This is to be expected all people rally around their own.

C.S
    The other groups of ppl actually laugh @ , are amused, and have no respect for ? , who throw there own kind under da bus, for a pat on the head.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Asians: "We should be allowed to ? blacks with impunity too."
    No ? , they're sticking up for their own .
    N u right , they dont give a ? about ? , cause they're not suppose to. They give a ? about themselves.
    ? r suppose to give a ? about ? . But we give A ? about every body else, but ourselves.
  • D0wn
    Options
    foh

u need a hug?? lol

Hey man, if them Air Zeus 5's fit, wear em.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Asians: "We should be allowed to ? blacks with impunity too."
    No ? , they're sticking up for their own .
    N u right , they dont give a ? about ? , cause they're not suppose to. They give a ? about themselves.
    ? r suppose to give a ? about ? . But we give A ? about every body else, but ourselves.

Bruh...
  • CapitalB
    Options
    foh

u need a hug?? lol

ayyyyye..
    if u can afford'em buy'em. lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    foh

nobody stuck up for trayvon martin
    eric garner
    mike brown
    tamir rice
    etc.

??

Got dam what were all those protests about then

i wonder if there were any mass protests in Africa for my ? !?! lol

? . Africa.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    i recall asians standin up for justice protestin #blacklivesmatter wit they yellow ass..

even palestinians..

anybody in africa??
  • CapitalB
    Options
    i recall asians standin up for justice protestin #blacklivesmatter wit they yellow ass..

even palestinians..

anybody in africa??

Yes they did in Africa, Europe and even Australia. There were worldwide protests. I got proof

ol debbie downer ass ? ! hahaha
  • D0wn
    Options
    foh

u need a hug?? lol

ayyyyye..
    if u can afford'em buy'em. lol

A few weeks ago, in America, they left an Indian man paralyzed cause they thought he was black.
    Thats all im saying...
    America is beating up other groups of ppl, just because they think they're u.
    By the way, the cop that left that Indian man paralyzed, got fired the same week... While cops killing Black Americans are getting incentives n perks.

But hey, "? Africa ,im black American"., "matter of fact, ? black American, im just American".