Is Wale On Kendricks Level Lyrically

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    I'm not even a fan of Kendrick and I know this is a ridiculous question.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Kendrick is not that nice... Stop putting that ? on a pedestal
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    i just wanted to leave this dope ? somewhere...this seemed like the appropriate place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-2ckLBV21g
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    yes
    Wale is like the Rodney Dangerfield Of the hip hop world. Dude gets no respect. Sure he ? a lot. But dude has the lyrics to back up his claim as top 3. If u listen his wordplay is off the charts and lyrically he's elite. Only problem is not being consistent album wise. He tends to get more attention for those records catered for females but he's never lacking in subject matter. I never find myself saying he's boring. So Yes he's on part with kendrick. Kendrick is more ferocious with the flow and energy. Not down playing his lyricism. Kendrick is just hotter at the moment.
    Top 3 1. Kendrick. 2. J.Cole. 3. Wale.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Krit overrated?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    How is Krit overrated?

Keep seeing that
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Krit overrated?

Only online when the weirdos claim he's better than Cole and Kendrick
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    They're on the same level lyrically
    but their delivery is what creates the divide.

Kendrick seems more lyrical because his delivery is often times dramatic.
    Wale is more laid back and playful, so it doesn't seem like he's snapping as much.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    How is Krit overrated?

Only online when the weirdos claim he's better than Cole and Kendrick

You act like they said some absolutely outlandish ? , it's called an opinion, lol@ weirdos, same ? could be said about any other artist comparison, still don't see how that makes him overrated
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    yes
    i mean we also got ? online who think chief keef is real and can actually rap, them the real "weirdos"

just like its ? "offline" who will say krit projects>>kendrick and cole

i think ? just biased against bruh for some reason, his accent, his subject matter(which ? like to act like they cant relate to, i guess yall ? walkin instead of driving) or just wanna be "different opinion for the sake of it" ass ? when it come to krit, idk how yall can say krit not at least in the same league with them after listening to the vent or mt olympus(and we aint even gotta talk about production when it come to cole)
  • R.D.
    Shut your crybaby ass up
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Krit is as good as Kendrick and Cole wouldn't say better.

Idk how if someone said he was better would that be such a crazy statement
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited February 2015
    yes
    Shut your crybaby ass up

i live in nawf ms if u wanna do sum bout it ? . u kno yo argument weak as ? lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    yes
    ? in the thread claiming to be hip hop heads but talm bout "Who" when it come to krit, knowin krit don killed most of yall favorite new school rappers on tracks, yall remind me of the sheep yall talk down about. mane come on now, fugazi ass ? lol
  • R.D.
    Lmaoo you such a ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    yes
    Lmaoo you such a ?

yo debate of krit being overrated is trash and u mad so thats all u got left to say

jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif

foh ? ass ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    i mean we also got ? online who think chief keef is real and can actually rap, them the real "weirdos"

just like its ? "offline" who will say krit projects>>kendrick and cole

i think ? just biased against bruh for some reason, his accent, his subject matter(which ? like to act like they cant relate to, i guess yall ? walkin instead of driving
    ) or just wanna be "different opinion for the sake of it" ass ? when it come to krit, idk how yall can say krit not at least in the same league with them after listening to the vent or mt olympus(and we aint even gotta talk about production when it come to cole)

when i first heard krit wuz here i didnt like it because of his accent

Nignogs aint riding the a train, BART or red line bumping krit b
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    yes
    i feel u, krit gotta show more love to public transportation fo sho
  • StillFaggyAF
    yes
    Im semi joking (which im sure you got), but idk whats so suprising that different area of the nation may ir may not ? with krit like that. All the southern posters say krit isnt as big as he should, why would you expect other regions to be on krit like that?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    yes
    no one's talkin about regions. the posters on here dont necessarily speak for regions. just cuz ive never heard of someone like chance the rapper being ? with down here doesnt mean he has NO fans down south. i dont expect other whole regions to be on him, but most ? on here know about most if not all the new elite rappers, but bring krit up with kendrick cole and wale n ? like "who?" stop ? frontin. ? on here (myself included) are fans of ? far more obscure regional ? than krit, but for some reason when it comes to him, they cant relate to the simplest things, and he overrated, and his fans are weirdos, i dont get it, and ima stop askin yall cuz yall dont never make no sense lol
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    BEAM wrote: »
    They're on the same level lyrically
    but their delivery is what creates the divide.

Kendrick seems more lyrical because his delivery is often times dramatic.
    Wale is more laid back and playful, so it doesn't seem like he's snapping as much.

That's really all it boils down to ...that why these ? will always go crazy when he drops a verse like "Control" ...they fall for that agressive delivery every time ...Kendrick is a great lyricist because his multis are immaculate along with his wordplay .. his flow is never forced he melds into any beat as opposed to the other way around ...his delivery is diverse and there's a raw emotion that comes off as genuinely captivating when he's talking about certain things within his content ...and thats all fine and hes great at it but he's not a guy that digs deep into that literary tool bag ...he's not doing the abstract metaphors you'll find with a lupe style lyricist ..he doesn't give you punch lines in the way a Fabolous or a Llyod Banks does he doesn't delve into a whole bunch of similes like a Talib would or flip double entendres like Hov ..and so on

That's not to take away from his ability it just means the things he doesn't do my choice I assume leaves space for others to be on his level because all of these things go into making a dope lyricist ...so to say that Wale isn't on his level or even near his level as some have said even tho he uses simis entendres and other ? just as or even more prolifically let's me know ? don't really be on lyrics ...cos there's more ? to it than just one thing
  • StillFaggyAF
    yes
    no one's talkin about regions. the posters on here dont necessarily speak for regions. just cuz ive never heard of someone like chance the rapper being ? with down here doesnt mean he has NO fans down south. i dont expect other whole regions to be on him, but most ? on here know about most if not all the new elite rappers, but bring krit up with kendrick cole and wale n ? like "who?" stop ? frontin. ? on here (myself included) are fans of ? far more obscure regional ? than krit, but for some reason when it comes to him, they cant relate to the simplest things, and he overrated, and his fans are weirdos, i dont get it, and ima stop askin yall cuz yall dont never make no sense lol

i think its some posters have an issue with you as opposed to KRIT. typical ic shenanigans