Study: lighter-skinned black and Hispanic people look smarter to white people

Options

Comments

• Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Down Actually we do Willie Lynch School Daze Gammas vs Jiggaboos the Oh My hook celebration of eurocentric features. The continued perpuation of fair complexioned video models IE Melyssa Ford Vida Guerra Lauren London over Lanisha Cole Buffie The Body Bria Myles.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young Stef wrote: »
    @Down Actually we do Willie Lynch School Daze Gammas vs Jiggaboos the Oh My hook celebration of eurocentric features. The continued perpuation of fair complexioned video models IE Melyssa Ford Vida Guerra Lauren London over Lanisha Cole Buffie The Body Bria Myles.

I agree... I was adressing the fact that, alot of ppl wanna pin colorism on the black community, as if we started it, we were taught it.
    Still, it ain't no excuse that we engage in it, in 2015 as well.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You mean people's approval of others reflects how closely those people look like them? You don't say.

Yea

So this is all about familiarity

We naturally assume people who look different than us are not as smart and/or criminal

Our enviorment, the media plays no role in exacerbating these fears, shaping our views of others

It's just the ways things have always been, right?

I'm being sarcastic by the way

Doesn't quite explain why even blks have been shown to have a subconscious bias against darker skinned blks

Or, to a lesser extent, why subjects recall a blk person with whom they shared a positive experience with being lighter than what they actually were

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    WHAT FAULTY logic??? all i have been saying and will keep saying is that race mixing creates problems

yup...mixed race people are the worst....word to:

Barack Obama
    Halle Barry
    Lenny Kravitz
    Rosa Parks
    Slash
    Drake
    Bob Marley
    Mariah Carey
    Alicia Keys
    Vin Diesel
    Sally Hemmings
    Frederick Douglass
    Booker T. Washington

hell, even Martin Luther King Jr. had some Irish in him.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rosa parks is not mixed race
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    WHAT FAULTY logic??? all i have been saying and will keep saying is that race mixing creates problems

Barack Obama
    Halle Barry
    Lenny Kravitz
    Rosa Parks
    Slash
    Drake
    Bob Marley
    Mariah Carey
    Alicia Keys
    Vin Diesel
    Sally Hemmings
    Frederick Douglass
    Booker T. Washington

*coughs*
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    ? take drake off the list da ? ?
  • D0wn
    edited March 2015
    Options

Barack Obama
    Halle Barry
    Lenny Kravitz
    Rosa Parks
    Slash
    Drake
    Bob Marley
    Mariah Carey
    Alicia Keys
    Vin Diesel
    Sally Hemmings
    Frederick Douglass
    Booker T. Washington

Did this ? just say MLK?
    Crackas tryna claim him too???

Who's next? Tupac? , Denzel? , Lebron?

N whats the purpose of this list, when the thread is about an element of white supremacy?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Barack Obama
    Halle Barry
    Lenny Kravitz
    Rosa Parks
    Slash
    Drake
    Bob Marley
    Mariah Carey
    Alicia Keys
    Vin Diesel
    Sally Hemmings
    Frederick Douglass
    Booker T. Washington

get the sand out of your ? , I have no issue with mixed people it's their parents that deserve a kick AND for every famous mixed person you named there are many more mixed people who don't give a ? about black people or even consider themselves black so kindly ? off with your fallacies.

most black slaves owners were mulatoes.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Barack Obama
    Halle Barry
    Lenny Kravitz
    Rosa Parks
    Slash
    Drake
    Bob Marley
    Mariah Carey
    Alicia Keys
    Vin Diesel
    Sally Hemmings
    Frederick Douglass
    Booker T. Washington

Did this ? just say MLK?

N whats the purpose of this list, when the thread is about an element of white supremacy?

the point is that lambasting someone for being mixed race is ridiculous b/c all the people on that list have black in them and most of them have done great things for black people in America. It's more a response to zombie than it is to this thread in general.
  • D0wn
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Barack Obama
    Halle Barry
    Lenny Kravitz
    Rosa Parks
    Slash
    Drake
    Bob Marley
    Mariah Carey
    Alicia Keys
    Vin Diesel
    Sally Hemmings
    Frederick Douglass
    Booker T. Washington

Did this ? just say MLK?

the point is that lambasting someone for being mixed race is ridiculous b/c all the people on that list have black in them and most of them have done great things for black people in America. It's more a response to zombie than it is to this thread in general.
    I see where u coming from, n agree, yet Race mixing can cause confusion.

also, Last i checked..black ppl are the primary group of ppl that, accept ppl of mix race as theyre own.
    ? ,white ppl created the one drop rule..
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you sure about that?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For the people who keep talking about how bad race mixing is, even if you have a point what you need to do is to talk about the main cause of race mixing: black women.

That is all.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not entertaining dumb logic and subpar reasoning
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    I don't like where this thread is going
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread was doomed from jump.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All light skin people don't come from race mixing
  • Copper
    Options
    For the people who keep talking about how bad race mixing is, even if you have a point what you need to do is to talk about the main cause of race mixing: black women.

That is all.

I might regret this...

But....

Explain
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

All light skin people don't come from race mixing

I NEVER implied that.

I simply said we don't need to create more mixed race people I.e no more Al B Sure ? . NOW lets be ? real MOST black people are so ? light because of race mixture. There are tribes in africa that are light skinned but they are the minority, so where did all these red bones come from???? race mixing.

it's a practice we need to minimize as much as possible because the long term effects of it will not be good for the majority of black folks
  • Copper
    Options
    You kinda implied it by saying light brite al b sure ? ... I assumed you meant all light skin people's.... But if you didn't OK

I don't think you have the clout to determine the genealogy of "all these redbones" around the globe

I'm light skin and don't have a white ancestor as far back as my family can trace...that we know of
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    study:Elitist whites still scared of us
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whate creates problems is that a MULATO aka METISSE aka mixed is neither white or black. when you mix red and blue you got green and you call it green. if you tell me that a mix individual has a white culture or a black one i can agree

as far as the light skin vs dark skin black idiocy you already know my opinion about it
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that the thing ive never understood. a white car is different from a black one . a beige car is not a black one. a yellow car is not a black one.
    surprisingly when it comes to race. either you are white or black. Fat Joe can say he has a Black culture yet he is not black . Yin lives a black culture yet he is not black. that is the same with Drake and Obama imo.

they are the bridges to race. they are the symbol of ANTI RACISM not RACE COMPETITION.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discussions like this are designed to zap your energy. It is only somewhat valid because there is more of them in America. Other than that, don't invest. it doesn't matter what they think, the main thing that matters is what u know...and how you move in that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

whate creates problems is that a MULATO aka METISSE aka mixed is neither white or black. when you mix red and blue you got green and you call it green. if you tell me that a mix individual has a white culture or a black one i can agree

as far as the light skin vs dark skin black idiocy you already know my opinion about it

huh?