You have one choice

Options
2»

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? said Celtics own Basketball, bruh since '86 y'all have won 1 CHAMPIONSHIP.

Lakers have won 7, Chicago 6, and San Antonio 5.

If you want to say the Cowboys have been irrelevant to football and it hurts them, don't dare try to overlook the Celtics lack of relevancy in basketball.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I don't hate the Pats, I don't hate any team that's not in my division. It's just funny to say the "greatest franchise of all time" solely because of what has been done "since the turn of the century". That only encompasses like 1/5th of their existence. Like someone said, you talking about dynasties/eras, not complete franchise histories.

To answer the thread question, that's easy, cuz Im not a fan of any other team in any other sport. So 1 SB win.

Understood, but what I'm trying to say is we've been making history since 2001, no one is truly going to appreciate what we have done since 2001 till its all said and done, 49ers owned the 80's and had 1 in the 90's but besides that...they've been spotty, but we all appreciate those legendary squads, Packers owned the 60's...well they won 2 the first two so we all appreciate that history, the trophy being named after Lombardi we all appreciate that rich football history after those first 2 they haven't won one till 96 then another in 2010, Steelers and Cowboys have a couple generations of greatness, I would label the Steelers the most consistently good franchise of all time off the top without looking at numbers, not just because of SB wins but they always had good squads since I can remember with just a few off years in between, Cowboys fell off but they had great runs in the 70's we all admire and we were all kids during the 90's so we look at that dynasty like nothing will ever come close, they had runs that stamped there place in history, the Patriots put together a dynasty run, have won another one since and put together all sorts of different NFL records a 16-0 regular season record, 21 game winning streak, etc...in an era as I already said that is almost impossible to be this good for this long, to me you can make a case for those 3 franchises and I think we are in a good position to really hands down be considered the greatest of all time when its all said and done for Brady
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Patriots been a great franchise since 2001

Before that. ? no.

Pittsburgh
    Dallas
    San Fran
    Packers

All have HOF all thru the decades

Patriots is on the level of

Washington
    New York
    Chicago
    When it comes to great franchises.

2nd tier.

you shut up
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Just the fact that the Cowboys have sucked for 20 years and you still hear about us alone should tell you the Pats not on the Boys level as a franchise. When Brady and Belichick are gone you won't hear about the Pats no more.

mostly negative but yea I was hoping for that Cowboys/Pats superbowl
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    My ? said Celtics own Basketball, bruh since '86 y'all have won 1 CHAMPIONSHIP.

Lakers have won 7, Chicago 6, and San Antonio 5.

If you want to say the Cowboys have been irrelevant to football and it hurts them, don't dare try to overlook the Celtics lack of relevancy in basketball.

50's, 60's 70's, 80's if we weren't the best we were the closest one and we all know what happened with ? Bias and Reggie being the reason we fell off in the 90's, and that one in 2008 gives us 17 one above Lakers 16 so...yea there's a difference
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Ill take 5ws for NY be it yanks or mets
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take the Chargers winning 1 in the next 5 years over the Red Sox winning 5 in a row.

I only say that because I have far more confidence in the Red Sox winning multiple WS titles before the Chargers even get to a SB.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill take 5ws for NY be it yanks or mets

914251be389f0a17257ebc496e5022907b0ade4.gif
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texans SB win over Astros 5 straight WS wins
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defintely the SB, teams win the WS and comeback and win it again but a team will win the SB and turnaround and not even make the playoffs the next season.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been spoiled my entire life by the Steelers success. If they never win the diamonds again in my lifetime I'm good. However the Dodgers ain't won ? since Gibson & Hershiser. Plus I actually live in L.A. so that would make it sweeter. On top of that going to Dodgers games is great bonding time with the kids.