Police Shoot Unarmed African American Mother and Infant

MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in The Social Lounge
tarika-wilson.jpg

What is going on with the police in Ohio? From the looks of things with the shooting deaths of John Crawford and 12-year-old Tamir Rice, you would think that the state recently lost its mind. But if the FBI’s recently-released report on the rampant corruption of the Cleveland Police Department is any indication, ? cops shooting innocent, unarmed people in Ohio is far from new.

Some stories make national headlines, but many do not. One of those that was swept under the rug and ignored by almost all of the national mainstream media, was the shooting of 26-year-old Tarika Wilson and her 14-month-old infant child. Now, community activists are calling for this case to be reexamined and brought into the national spotlight on police brutality and extrajudicial killings.

“This thing just stinks to high heaven, and the police know it,” Jason Upthegrove, the president of the Lima chapter of the N.A.A.C.P. said. “We’re not asking for answers anymore. We’re demanding them.”

That was 7 years ago to the month. No answers ever came, in spite of the demands. So much of the corporate media ignored this blatant story of police abuse and murder. But with many high profile cases like those of Crawford and Rice at the tip of the nation’s collective tongue, some believe that maybe now the rest of the country will listen about this assassination that was carried out by Ohio police officers.

Back in 2008, a SWAT team showed up at Wilson’s house in Lima, Ohio’s Southside neighborhood. It was early in the evening on January 4th. The warrant the SWAT cops had was part of the failed so-called “War on Drugs.”

But it was not Wilson who was named on the warrant, it was her companion Anthony Terry. Without any warning, officers smashed her door down and entered with machine guns drawn, according to neighbors who witnessed the raid.

In just seconds, SWAT officers shot and killed Wilson, 26, and wounded her 14-month-old son.

The shooter, Sgt. Joseph Chavalia, a 31-year veteran of the Lima police force, was placed on paid administrative leave.

The New York Times reported that “Black people in Lima, from the poorest citizens to religious and business leaders, complain that rogue police officers regularly stop them without cause, point guns in their faces, curse them and physically abuse them.

“They say the shooting of Ms. Wilson is only the latest example of a long-running pattern of a few white police officers treating African-Americans as people to be feared,” the paper added.

“There is an evil in this town,” C. M. Manley, 68, pastor of New Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church told reporters. “The police harass me. They harass my family. But they know that if something happens to me, people will burn down this town.”

As you might have expected, an internal investigations said that they found “no evidence of police misconduct,” according to Chief Garlock.

Junior Cook, a neighbor of Tarika Wilson, said that he saw the whole thing from his front yard, as he raced over. He watched police emerge from the house carrying the bleeding infant.

“The cops in Lima, they is racist like no tomorrow,” Cook said. “Why else would you shoot a mother with a baby in her arms?”

That’s a good question. So far, the police have provided no answers and no justice for this crime. If you believe that it is past time for there to be justice for Tarika Wilson, then help us SPREAD THE WORD!

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/02/police-unarmed-african-american-mother-and-infant/

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no good cops......once you join the force and hide behind that badge youre the enemy to me...idc each and every last cop on the force.Until the so called good cops come out and condemn these killings all of them can die slow.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear all this ? about Isis killing kids.... ? them. The Police are killing kids all day everyday right here. What does our ? ass president have to say about this? I hate that ? for not going out of his way to stop ? like this from happening. That ? aint ? but a fcking ? .
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life is so ? up
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear all this ? about Isis killing kids.... ? them. The Police are killing kids all day everyday right here. What does our ? ass president have to say about this? I hate that ? for not going out of his way to stop ? like this from happening. That ? aint ? but a fcking ? .

This is why I say I don;t care about ISIS.Dorner was good only when he turned on his former pig brigade.Too bad he did not ? more pigs.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obama straight up said a while ago that he's "not the president of Black people". This his last term. He got the power to make changes on police brutality, but mostly remains silent. But he can go out of his way to pardon millions of illegal Mexicans smh..
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can tell police ran out of sense when they have to shoot a baby
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obama straight up said a while ago that he's "not the president of Black people". This his last term. He got the power to make changes on police brutality, but mostly remains silent. But he can go out of his way to pardon millions of illegal Mexicans smh..

If you say so.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant believe he said that..
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you say so.
    I know he don't got the sole power to pass laws. But he got the power to at least be the catalyst for change. Because ? , he going out of his way by using his presidential power to legalize illegal immigrants.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MarcusGarvey
    Everyone swear they constitutional lawyers.
    Name what the President could do to stop police brutality?
    The only way is for the President pressuring the Justice Dept which he's not "suppose to do"
    Body cams? That going to stop police brutality?
    Civil rights charges are too hard to prove.
    You give too much power to the office and no agency to racist police officers.

If you say so.
    I know he don't got the sole power to pass laws. But he got the power to at least be the catalyst for change. Because ? , he going out of his way by using his presidential power to legalize illegal immigrants.

Vote. Be active in your community. Sue the state and police force. We have civil responsibility as well. If you the majority in a town how the ? is everyone white, ? should have been organizing. In that town I bet you can vote and be home for TNT NBA Thursday.
  • MarcusGarvey
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleveland Police Department is a gang of murderers.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she looks like monie luv.

but how you shoot a kid
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Police are a gang of murderers.

Dont wrestle around the truth. Fixed.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They was looking for drugs to increase their high....the only reason they went through with that imo.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be active in your community. Sue the state and police force. We have civil responsibility as well. If you the majority in a town how the ? is everyone white, ? should have been organizing. In that town I bet you can vote and be home for TNT NBA Thursday.
    So the president of the free world can't put pressure on police departments in the country he was elected in? He can't speak out & hold cops more accountable for killing unarmed minorities? Oh my bad voting will fix everything