30 For 30: I Hate Christian Laettner - Trailer

Options
2»

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    How is he not the biggest bust in NBA history ....his stock was astronomical coming out of Duke

Came out the same Draft as Shaq and Zo who stocks were higher

shaq might have not been the best player on that LSU team
    Roberts and Chris Jackson were beasts. Shaqwas better overall tho
  • aneed123
    Options
    I loved when he stomped dudes chest then hit the game winner.... Salt for days lol
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As a Tar Heel fan my disdain for all things DUke runs deep. I never really hated Laettner that much though. Those ? Wojo and Paulus take the cake though. I always hated Trajan Langdon for some reason too.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    As a Tar Heel fan my disdain for all things DUke runs deep. I never really hated Laettner that much though. Those ? Wojo and Paulus take the cake though. I always hated Trajan Langdon for some reason too.

I ? hated Greg Paulus too, I'm a huge FSU fan so it was glorious when Ryan Reid punched him square in his ? . Paulus did have a boss move after he graduated from Duke and went and started at QB for Syracuse even though he hadn't played QB since HS.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I loved when he stomped dudes chest then hit the game winner.... Salt for days lol

I prefered when the UConn player slammed his head on the ground and Laettner showed he wasn't bout that life LOL.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    Did they really bring out Ric Flair for this documentary tho?
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    I knew his was from here never knew much about his upbringing tho, thought because he went to a private school, Nichols, his people had money.

Never knew or seen the footage of the brawl they had with South Park either.

And Brian Reeves aka Big Country was a way bigger disappointment than Laettner.

Word Im watchin on YouTube now. Laettner was talking cash money and swinging his elbows and them South Park boys wasn't having it no more. Had all those white boys yoked up
  • aneed123
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »

Langdons jumper was wet... Just couldnt dribble.... JJ Reddick stole his swag
  • aneed123
    Options
    Did they really bring out Ric Flair for this documentary tho?

gonna have quotables for days lol
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    This doc is dumb. Just propping him up for being white and good.

Only thing I like is how mad people were at his flourishing. Him and that Brian Davis cat did seem kinda batty bwoy. Laettner was only winking at girls and slapping his boy on his ass. ? was irregular.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched

Bumped for GOATNESS
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the show. I use to really like him. I respected his game because he was white, he was tough, and he won. i never hated him. im 39 so i use to look up to all those college teams in the early 90's. I never hated him. I hated that he didnt pan out in the NBA. But that was his fault. and a lot of carry over.

He was still trying to be the big man on campus and ? in the league was like NAW SON, NAWL!!!

Duke players did have a tough break. they didnt really get over the ? until ? , dunleavy and williams. williams ? up, but i think the duke curse is over. Hill kinda broke it. kinda. And Jordan was NC so he was speakin out his butt when talking about Duke players.

Im not a duke fan, but i respected the program. I never hated Christian Laettner, and i still dont.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    Duke players did have a tough break. they didnt really get over the ? until ? , dunleavy and williams. williams ? up, but i think the duke curse is over. Hill kinda broke it. kinda. And Jordan was NC so he was speakin out his butt when talking about Duke players.

Im not a duke fan, but i respected the program. I never hated Christian Laettner, and i still dont.

Shane Battier broke the curse winning in Miami i thought
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Dave2one6 wrote: »

Shane Battier broke the curse winning in Miami i thought

Yeah. that counts. i guess. for a career role player. (notice i didnt mention Kyrie tho)