who better? westbrook or iverson

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For PGs, unless they are well above average (GP) or far below averaGe (Nash), there's really no purpose in debating their defense people. They both get steals, but neither are shutting anybody down. Most PGs (especially these days) fall into the average category.
  • S2J
    Options
    The way the game is played now and when AI is playing, its a pick n roll league. A ngga can drop 30 'on you' and not nare bucket will be ON you. If you're waiting for a 1-4 clearout 1 on 1 to see how good a player is 'defedning' its not gonna happen.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I came across this discussion on Number Never Lie (now his & hers).
    Interesting topic.

Actually, the fact it's even a discussion speaks volumes IMO.
    https://youtu.be/xCb6DvqP3Bc
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    I came across this discussion on Number Never Lie (now his & hers).
    Interesting topic.

Actually, the fact it's even a discussion speaks volumes IMO.
    https://youtu.be/xCb6DvqP3Bc

Obviously this generation of players relates to AI more than Jordan...... Most of them couldn't even dribble when MJ was winning rings.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O_o

You cannot make these arguments until retirement. At the pace Westbrook is playing, if he could run this for 8 more years, he'll eclipse Iverson. Until then... stop it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    O_o

You cannot make these arguments until retirement. At the pace Westbrook is playing, if he could run this for 8 more years, he'll eclipse Iverson. Until then... stop it.

He's a better basketball player

Time has nothing to do with that.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why people talking about AI & Melo like that's comparable to KD & Westbrook? AI wasn't really in his prime by then, Melo was hurt, their styles weren't a great fit together.....etc.

Let the Sixers win the 97' draft or pick Dirk over Larry Hughes, then come talk to me.
  • S2J
    Options
    35ppg, 11rpg, 10apg over 10 games in NBA history:

Oscar Robinson
    Russell Westbrook
  • S2J
    Options
    Lmao....*Oscar ROBERTSON
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stuart Scott lives
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on the telecast did they say westbrook was on pace to be top 5 in pts, asts, and steals? becoming the 2nd to do so

behind a.i.

Oh cool a.I did it first
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook is on an absolute tear right now. Six triple-doubles in eight games, the NBA’s leading scorer and an all-around menace on the court. He’s got lots of fans, including none other than Allen Iverson. In fact, The Answer said last night during the Sixers broadcast that he’s “the biggest Westbrook fan I think there is.” AI added that Westbrook “reminds me so much of myself as far as his heart, laying it on the line night in and night out.”
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook is on an absolute tear right now. Six triple-doubles in eight games, the NBA’s leading scorer and an all-around menace on the court. He’s got lots of fans, including none other than Allen Iverson. In fact, The Answer said last night during the Sixers broadcast that he’s “the biggest Westbrook fan I think there is.” AI added that Westbrook “reminds me so much of myself as far as his heart, laying it on the line night in and night out.”

so who is better?