Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    And he played against tougher comp
    He playing in the era on the PG.

u act like a.i. wasnt a 6 foot shooting guard vs mj, kobe, t mac, ray ray, vince etc
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and my bad if i read wrong or missed the sarcasm but cp3 not better than iverson either, he better than westbrook tho

super saiyan no sign.
  • Parallel
    Options
    PER: 25.5
    PER: 20.9
    PER: 21.8

I'll let you figure out which belongs to Iverson, Westbrook and CP3.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

u act like a.i. wasnt a 6 foot shooting guard vs mj, kobe, t mac, ray ray, vince etc

He def wasn't stepping up to the Challenge to guard those guys.

Plus he shoots horrible.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    stats that no one cared about b4 2007

how cp3 better than iverson?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its hard to pinpoint whos better, they are both all-time great at their strength, for their position.

Depends on the need of the team. If my team is devoid of scorers Im picking iverson. If i have a lot of shooters on the team or another superstar Im probably picking Cp3.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

He def wasn't stepping up to the Challenge to guard those guys.

Plus he shoots horrible.

yea, but if russ played that position and did it, it wouldnt matter right? lol
  • Parallel
    Options

Through 10 seasons

35cml2t.jpg

Rebounds and steals are pretty much a wash so we'll focus on points accounted for

(just for this example we'll assume all assists lead to 2 pointers for sake of argument) - Iverson accounts for about ~40 points a game (28 + 2*6), CP3 accounts for about ~39 points a game (19 + 2*10)

The fact that Iverson needs to take 10 more shots a game than CP3 to get there says a lot to me

If you want more advanced measures then:

9le3a9.jpg

CP3's offensive win shares are DOUBLE that of Allen Iverson...literally double. PER has already been mentioned and CP3 is superior in every Plus/Minus category as well.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Was having debate earlier today at work. I say iverson. What y'all think?

Iverson had heart, energy, and will to win
    I have to admit Westbrooks has all that too, plus rebounds more and blocks more
    Steals are about equal
    Iverson led league in scoring many years
    But Westbrooks just had four straight triple doubles
    Westbrooks is also the first small guard I've seen that I think could have also taken that ? 76ers squad to the finals
    However the rules are geared more towards guards today and I feel in today's nba iverson would avg fifty a game

I still take iverson but it's closer than I thought before

My ? ...

You do know it's "Westbrook", not plural, right?

Thought the title was a simple typo but...

INTRODUCING....yo ? that ? name
    Mt hip hop drops on your head like rain
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

Through 10 seasons

35cml2t.jpg

Rebounds and steals are pretty much a wash so we'll focus on points accounted for

(just for this example we'll assume all assists lead to 2 pointers for sake of argument) - Iverson accounts for about ~40 points a game (28 + 2*6), CP3 accounts for about ~39 points a game (19 + 2*10)

The fact that Iverson needs to take 10 more shots a game than CP3 to get there says a lot to me

9le3a9.jpg

CP3's offensive win shares are DOUBLE that of Allen Iverson...literally double. PER has already been mentioned and CP3 is superior in every Plus/Minus category as well.

Yeah but the game is not all about analytics. Iverson was only scoring option on his teams until he hooked up with melo. That isn't reflected in the stats, and in his first ten years he was mvp and went to the finals. Cp3 wil never be mvp and i doubt he has never been past second round of playoffs.

Iverson showed up in big games and from 2000- 2002 was perhaps the most feared player in NBA outside of Shaq. Chris Paul never reached that status.

As far as those saying its too early too compare iverson to westbrook. Westbrook is in his seventh season, iverson already had mvp and finals in his fifth. They can be compared at this point. You are what you are by the seventh season. Ppl generally don't make great leaps after their eighth season.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options

Through 10 seasons

35cml2t.jpg

9le3a9.jpg

cp3 is a pg who made teammates better for sure, but they were already better than allen iverson's teammates from the jump. and cp3 still hasnt taken any team farther than allen iverson has.

allen is a 2 guard who even with his high volume of shots still managed to get a high amount of assists for some of the bums on his team. of course iverson needed more shots, u can only depend on washed big dog, aaron mc kie, and eric snow so much, david west/peja/blake/crawford and kd/ibaka/harden/waiters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the advanced stats i take wit a grain of salt, of course i dont need that to see that cp3 is more efficient. but more of a winner/better player. ehhh
  • Parallel
    Options
    Why can't y'all just say "I think Iverson is better because I like him more and feel like he deserved another shot in the NBA"?

Doesn't have to go beyond that.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Why can't y'all just say "I think Iverson is better because I like him more and feel like he deserved another shot in the NBA"?

because thats not how i feel lol, i just had an argument a few weeks ago tellin them iverson didnt get pushed out the league by david stern, he fell off a lil bit and wouldnt take a role

but i can go this route too

why cant yall just say "i think westbrook better cuz he faster and taller and shoots a bunch of bad shots just like i would do at the local court/facility. iverson does the same but westbrook doin it now so its better. plus durant too nice, and muthafuck that efficiency bs, except for when the argument can be made against that a.i. ? "

or

why cant yall just say "its obvious who won and accomplished more with much less, but ill put that to the side when it comes to cp3 despite him constantly failing when it matters"
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    btw, i used to "hate" on iverson for his volume of shots at times as well

idk how its hate when its factual but thats what yall call it, i cant give stressbrook a pass on 25 ? shots when he just played efficiently and won *shrugs*
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

because thats not how i feel lol, i just had an argument a few weeks ago tellin them iverson didnt get pushed out the league by david stern, he fell off a lil bit and wouldnt take a role

but i can go this route too

why cant yall just say "i think westbrook better cuz he faster and taller and shoots a bunch of bad shots just like i would do at the local court/facility. iverson does the same but westbrook doin it now so its better. plus durant too nice, and muthafuck that efficiency bs, except for when the argument can be made against that a.i. ? "

or

why cant yall just say "its obvious who won and accomplished more with much less, but ill put that to the side when it comes to cp3 despite him constantly failing when it matters"

AI failed when it mattered.

You don't get props for losing the championship in the NBA, this ain't the NFL where it's hard for elite players to make the big game.

He got manhandled when it mattered.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    a.i. failed when it mattered, true

cp3 and westbrook cant even get to the point where it matters.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

you forgot 2012?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

you forgot 2012?

durant was on that team, westbrook's never been a number 1 option unless durant hurt or sick
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True the sixers had less talent but the east also had less talent. The sixers would have been a 8th seed tops in the west. Rw plays in a thougher conference
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isiah Thomas and John Stockton both 6'1...best pound for pound players ever in their prime ever of all time ever.

Isaiah 5'11 Gtfoh

What PG you know drop 50 on the L.A. machine in the finals I'll wait

And if we're going to compare Isaiah pound for pound he slights A.I. in rings

Stocton had Malone A.I. had Eric snow and he ringless as well so ? Stockton

CP3 has even had Tyson Chandler Blake Griffin Deandre Jordan we could all ? the assist list with those lobs
    So can't put chris on the list no matter how good he is

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AI , you ? caught in the moment

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP3 >>>>>>> AI

I almost left this thread the first time this ? was posted.. I was like "nah, he dont mean that...he just cant..."but to see another ? post it...... Stop it bruh
  • Parallel
    Options
    Isiah Thomas and John Stockton both 6'1...best pound for pound players ever in their prime ever of all time ever.

Isaiah 5'11 Gtfoh

What PG you know drop 50 on the L.A. machine in the finals I'll wait

And if we're going to compare Isaiah pound for pound he slights A.I. in rings

Stocton had Malone A.I. had Eric snow and he ringless as well so ? Stockton

CP3 has even had Tyson Chandler Blake Griffin Deandre Jordan we could all ? the assist list with those lobs
    So can't put chris on the list no matter how good he is

The point was that using the phrase "pound for pound" in regards to a basketball player is dumb as hell...
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? say AI had no help when he had the DPOY and 6th man on that squad