BLOODBORNE - PS4 Exclusive: OVER 2 MILLION copies sold

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in IllGaming
1426027145-7.jpg

EDGE’s upcoming story sees the publication spend roughly 40 hours with From Software’s PS4 exclusive Bloodborne and according to NeoGAF, some interesting details were gleaned in the exchange.

It seems that the 40 hours spent on the game don’t include the Chalice Dungeons or multiplayer, and the single-player campaign wasn’t finished. While veterans will arguably spend less time on the campaign, it’s obvious the Bloodborne has enough meat on its bones to last a while. Among other details include shields with descriptions like “shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity” and enemies using spells.

As for equipment, you’ll be able to upgrade the same and use Bloodgems to customize your arsenal. However, enemies won’t drop weapons and as of now, roughly a dozen weapons were discovered, both ranged and melee, thus far. The game’s maps bear a stronger resemblance to Demon’s Souls and emphasize shortcuts over respawn points. It also seems that light will be necessary while traversing the gothic landscape but a clip-on lantern can be acquired at a point.

There’s still more to come (including an undisclosed mechanic) ahead of Bloodborne’s March 24th release in North America and Mach 27th release in the UK so stay tuned for more information.

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now Coming in March.

FromSoftware's next title, Bloodborne, has been delayed until March 24, 2015 in North America and PAL regions except for the UK and Ireland, which is now March 27.

Speaking via the PlayStation blog, Bloodborne producer Masaaki Yamagiwa says "It is with regret that I must inform you that Bloodborne will be slightly delayed."

Yamagiwa explains the reason of the delay is down to the team wanting to deliver the best possible final experience.

"We were gratified by the feedback and data we received from those who participated in our limited Alpha test. The extra production time will also allow us to better integrate these learnings."

Yamagiwa goes on to point out there's some "exciting" Bloodborne news coming in early December.

Last month, Bloodborne held an alpha test which was later pulled citing “a defect” and “some issues."

At this year's Tokyo Game Show, IGN went hands-on with two of Bloodborne's new character classes, and said: "Right off the bat, I was reminded yet again how stunningly beautiful Bloodborne is."
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Greatness Awaits"
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They pushed back Driveclub a full year and it didn't do it much good. Hopefully this turns out better. This game has potential.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day cop.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its only delayed a month no big deal. if it was delayed a year then thats when the worries begin
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssss!!! This game gon push me to my limits but I'm ok with that
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The multiplayer is integrated with the singleplayer campaign Souls style right?

if its anything like demons n dark souls, expect 50 to 300 gameplay hours for this ? . Usually took me a lil bit under 70 hours for demons n dark souls...there are loads of folk that go newgame+ style, new builds etc, that spend hundreds of hours in a game.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but I'm not as hyped for this game as I was. I'm definitely copping though. I know it's not a SOuls game really, but I hope it's at least as good as Dark Souls I. Dark Souls II was ok, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two games.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combat is much more fast paced and aggressive in this one, I like it.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    Oh most def these games' lengths solely depend on how you plan on playing them. I put in 142 hours of Demon's Souls, about 170 hours in Dark Souls, and over 145 hours in Dark Souls II because I wanted to do everything and anything. Dark Souls II woulda been more but I never downloaded the DLC... gonna wait for Dark Souls II for PS4 for that.

But word to Lonious I just hope its not disappointing. I'm not as hype for this as I thought I would be... least not yet.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    06K72fC.gif

BB4.gif

I sometimes wonder about being a motion actor for a game. Swinging a swords and ? . And them letting me do it in my own cool way.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you collect 2000 hidden packages without using a guide.
  • kingofkingz
    They took to long to put dark souls II out for the PS4. I was gonna get it but now I'm gonna pass cuz I know bloodborne is going to take up a lot of my gaming time
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »

game ain't about collecting ? lol.

its basically a survival hack n slash rpg, you get thrown in a maze type world and have to figure the route out yourself. Story isnt in your face, no fetch quests or quests at all actually.

basically your fighting from checkpoint to checkpoint, enemy to enemy, boss to boss, danger is everywhere.

and random mofos like me can invade your campaign and murk you lol. Or two of your comrades can help you out.

if the online is anything like demons souls, this ? is going to be goat.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »

game ain't about collecting ? lol.

its basically a survival hack n slash rpg, you get thrown in a maze type world and have to figure the route out yourself. Story isnt in your face, no fetch quests or quests at all actually.

basically your fighting from checkpoint to checkpoint, enemy to enemy, boss to boss, danger is everywhere.

and random mofos like me can invade your campaign and murk you lol. Or two of your comrades can help you out.

if the online is anything like demons souls, this ? is going to be goat.

I was joking. That's just a tactic folks like Ubisoft use to pad their games out.

The game looks nice, especially the combat.
  • kingofkingz
    Anybody else gettin this game? I hope it lives up to all the hype it's been gettin
  • The Lonious Monk
    Just copped the PS4 yesterday and paid of the preorder for this. So when I get it, it'll be my only game, but hell, might be the only one i need for a while.
  • kingofkingz
    What's ya psn? Cuz I know I'm a need some help lookin at those bosses
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2015
    Celestial_Soulja
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2015
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just copped the PS4 yesterday and paid of the preorder for this. So when I get it, it'll be my only game, but hell, might be the only one i need for a while.

buy some more games so we can play together
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

buy some more games so we can play together

You don't play ? tho
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are already streaming it but haters keep snitching.Game looks beast.Already ordered the collectors edition from Amazon.