Maze Vs. The Isley Brothers

Options
Intelligent_Hoodlum
Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in R&B & Alternatives
I know the Isley Brothers been puttin it down wayyy longer than Maze who first started doing they thing in the 70's
Out of curiosity i just wanted to put these two legendary groups up against each other in a poll ya feel me
Both groups have some of the greatest production/instrumentation music has heard provided by top notch bands
Then you got there lead singers, Frankie Beverly & Ronald Isley aka Mr.Biggs who are some of the smoothest vocalist ever
I know if we take influence and longevity into consideration the Isley Brothers got this all day but just based off of the quality of the
"music" alone who u going with?

Maze Vs. The Isley Brothers 15 votes

Maze
13%
mrrealonethe ghost 2 votes
Isley Brother's
86%
a.manneljay7iwhite715S2JjonoTrillaaaaaa_Goldie_atribecalledgabiMARIO_DRObindayvez79onetoughmiracleO.G.TheGOAT 13 votes

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    ahhh....my man

MAZE discography is as consistent and great as the Bros.

So in this case....I'll use longevity to break the "tie"

The ideal that Ron and them been putting out classic music since to 50's!?

^:)^

And they didn't even peak until the....? ...they STILL are releasing high quality music

They're masters of reinvention,yet maintaining musical integrity....a very rare feat

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    FYI:
    The writer and producing mastermind behind all the Isley Brothers 70's and early 80's classics

their brother-in-law
    Chris Jasper

is a former member of both the Isley Brothers and Isley-Jasper-Isley and is responsible for writing and producing the majority of the Isley Brothers music (1973–1983) and Isley-Jasper-Isley music (1984–1987).

including "It's Your Thing." Jasper's first of many songs written for the Isley Brothers was "Love Put Me On a Corner" released on the Isleys' "Brother, Brother, Brother" album in 1972.

In 1973, Jasper, Marvin and Ernie brought the songwriting and musical component to the older Isley Brothers' vocal trio, transitioning the Isley Brothers into a self-produced, self-contained six-member R&B/Funk band. Their debut release during this time was the "3+3" album.

Although the album liner notes generally credited all six members of the group as the songwriters,

Jasper was the primary songwriter, producer and arranger of the Isley Brothers music during this time period from the "3+3" album to the "Between The Sheets" album, their final album as a six-member group.

Jasper's arrangements, instrumentation and unique chord structures as a classically trained musician have been credited as the foundation of the legendary "Isley Brothers sound" which Jasper has continued in his own solo recording
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jasper
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    Both legendary groups
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    Cmon man. Ron Isley has that lil hitch in his voice that puts him on anther level.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't choose, seen both in concert. Frankie Beverly smooth as butter, and the Isleys were just tough. So ? you and ? this thread.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    Frankie has one of my favorite songs ever. ("Happy Feelings") But The Isley Brothers had more songs that I like.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    lol no comp
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Isley Brother's
    Older cat in my english class looks dead on frankie beverly. lol be telling him every week 12pm (when class starts) is that "golden time of day"

Picked isleys tho cuz I'm honestly not that familiar with maze.
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dam i luv the ? out of both groups,this is hard for an ol' ? to choose
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't choose
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we were just talking about this at work today lol im at a stale mate
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maze
    Rollin w/ Maze on this one......
  • mrsdavis804
    mrsdavis804 Members Posts: 5
    Options
    I once worked with an idiot who said Frankie B couldn't sing. I remember putting both Maze and Isley tapes in the backs of my Teddy Ruxpin and Cricket doll.lol At that young age I was hooked To them both. Who can forget the feeling that you get when you hear the intro to golden time of day or Frankie's vocals? Or the way fight the power's baseline takes u to that era? Its a clear cut case of bias for me. I wouldnt dare choose. They made oldie but goodie sundays on the radio bearable.Lol
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I once worked with an idiot who said Frankie B couldn't sing. I remember putting both Maze and Isley tapes in the backs of my Teddy Ruxpin and Cricket doll.lol At that young age I was hooked To them both. Who can forget the feeling that you get when you hear the intro to golden time of day or Frankie's vocals? Or the way fight the power's baseline takes u to that era? Its a clear cut case of bias for me. I wouldnt dare choose. They made oldie but goodie sundays on the radio bearable.Lol

He said Frankie cant sing?!? The ? was they smoking lol, that fool know nothin about Soul/RnB music...
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mods delete, double post
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not gon choose but I was just bumping some Frankie Beverly today too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4AqJtOhC4