Chris Tucker Signs On For First Ever Stand-Up Special

_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited March 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
chris-tucker.gif

Chris Tucker is gearing up to take his career back to where it began. The former Def Comedy great and Friday regular has reportedly signed on to produce his first ever full-length stand-up special Chris Tucker Live, courtesy of the good folks at Netflix. The special — which may or may not have already been filmed — will take place in his hometown of Atlanta at the historic Fox Theater and will begin its Netflix residency as of July 10th. It will also mark the very first project to bear the stamp of his own production company. While little else is known about it, we can surely assume that it will be a welcome return from one very special funny-man.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better be funny. Funnyman.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this ? bout 10 years too late and this ? film career sad af after 2000 how you do 3 movies in 15 years?

Rush Hour 4 (announced) smhhh

2012 Silver Linings Playbook
    2007 Rush Hour 3
    2001 Rush Hour 2
    1998 Rush Hour
    1997 Jackie Brown
    1997 Money Talks
    1997 The Fifth Element
    1995 Dead Presidents
    1995/I Panther
    1995 Friday

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itll be hilarious either way lol
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last i heard he turned born again christian and said he was gonna tone down everything
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have done this a long time ago, now it just seems a little desperate this late in his career. I'm sure his writer will be on point tho. I'll definitely check for it just not expecting a lot.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    me and my girl saw him in november and he kille it. chris still got it
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope its good and he keep it going.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope its good. I'm expecting him to be washed up.
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    these ? just like the rapper mase quit at your prime and when they broke and washed up they expect to be welcomed back
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    this ? bout 10 years too late and this ? film career sad af after 2000 how you do 3 movies in 15 years?

2007 Rush Hour 3
    2001 Rush Hour 2
    1998 Rush Hour
    1997 Jackie Brown
    1997 Money Talks
    1997 The Fifth Element
    1995 Dead Presidents
    1995/I Panther
    1995 Friday

I guess his heart was never in it.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    marc123 wrote: »

2007 Rush Hour 3
    2001 Rush Hour 2
    1998 Rush Hour
    1997 Jackie Brown
    1997 Money Talks
    1997 The Fifth Element
    1995 Dead Presidents
    1995/I Panther
    1995 Friday

man Tucker got paid and said ? it... I know he got 20 mil for rush hour 3, might even got that same amount or close too it for rush hour 2 (could be wrong, but I know he got $20 mil for 3 though) . That ? said im good for life..... except he forgot about the IRS. he said it himself that's why he came back a few years ago and started touring again.. to pay them back taxes. Saw Pops on the breakfast club and he was asked about Chris being in the new Friday they been trying to make. He said "chris got his taxes paid off now, he aint doing the film"

it was mixture of him getting broke off a lot for a couple flicks plus his religious ? , reason Chris trucker aint been in a ? load more movies.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have done this a long time ago, now it just seems a little desperate this late in his career. I'm sure his writer will be on point tho. I'll definitely check for it just not expecting a lot.

tyson-jab-example-001.gif
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I'll watch it though...who knows
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »

2007 Rush Hour 3
    2001 Rush Hour 2
    1998 Rush Hour
    1997 Jackie Brown
    1997 Money Talks
    1997 The Fifth Element
    1995 Dead Presidents
    1995/I Panther
    1995 Friday

man Tucker got paid and said ? it... I know he got 20 mil for rush hour 3, might even got that same amount or close too it for rush hour 2 (could be wrong, but I know he got $20 mil for 3 though) . That ? said im good for life..... except he forgot about the IRS. he said it himself that's why he came back a few years ago and started touring again.. to pay them back taxes. Saw Pops on the breakfast club and he was asked about Chris being in the new Friday they been trying to make. He said "chris got his taxes paid off now, he aint doing the film"

it was mixture of him getting broke off a lot for a couple flicks plus his religious ? , reason Chris trucker aint been in a ? load more movies.

I wasnt trying to fact check you or anything, but thread made me curious. This was in the wikipedia. dude did get paid hella well. He must just make his money last and only do show business stuff when he needs to.

Along with Jackie Chan, Tucker later starred in the 1998 martial arts action comedy Rush Hour and its sequels, Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3, in which he played Detective James Carter, an LAPD detective. After the commercial success of the first Rush Hour film, Tucker held out for a $20 million salary for Rush Hour 2 and was paid $25 million salary for Rush Hour 3.[9] The latter was part of a $40 million two-movie contract with New Line Cinema that also included an unnamed future film. He was also to receive 20% of the gross against his salary from the Rush Hour 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Tucker
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 20 mill a picture, I only need to do 3 films every 15 years too lmaooooo
  • KingFreeman
    That movie contract is what stopped him from getting other big contracts. That blackball is real. Bet. ? thought he was nice.
  • KingFreeman
    edited March 2015
  • KingFreeman
    edited March 2015
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope when he hosted bet awards that ? was horrible