The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been wanting to smash Psylocke since that X Men video game on Super Nintendo.

Whoever they cast is getting kidnapped.

It's them thighs B.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Well well well look at what we got here

CBHaEuLVIAAj5Lz.jpg:large

Reynolds was a fool for that one.[/b] It's obvious that Reynolds ACTUALLY did his research and READ the source material, and he realized how cool of a character that Deadpool can be.

Also, I think that this a subtle way of letting the fandom know that the makers of this film aren't going to do some 'ole random :wtf:" ? . This tweet is also letting me know that this movie is going to be the dark comedy that it's suppose to be. My question is will Deadpool break the Fourth Wall?

If you've seen Ryan Reynolds in interviews he has deadpan nonchalant sense of humor, so for him to be playing Deadpool, (in my opinion,) he's only playing a caricature of himself.[/b]

Who says Fox's comic book adaptations can't have faithful costumes?[/b]

Who says a costume from comic books can't work in live action?

He did.
    It's not about realism. There are comics and there are comic book adaptions. What works on printed page isn't guaranteed to work in live action. The animated movies stay true to the designs. DC Phase 1 Movie Thread http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/497478/dc-phase-1-movie-thread/p104
    you want bright colors in superhero movies movies rent Sky High or ? Tracy DC Phase 1 Movie Thread http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/497478/dc-phase-1-movie-thread/p104

I've said for the longest time that the randomness and changes to the source material in film adaptions of comic books was due to the fact that producers, screenwriters, and casting directors, and directors simply didn't like something in the source material and felt that their wackass ideas worked better in film. At best we get what I felt was a better ending to Watchmen and at worse, we get G. I. J.O.E. Rise of Cobra.

As far as the uniforms go, (especially with Batfleck in the Batman's traditional black and grey uniform, the X-Men, and now Deadpool's uniform we see that the rendering of the uniforms can work on film, and the changes to the uniforms in the past, and now DC's obsession with muted colors, are nothing more than the director's personal choices. Now if they could only get a way to figure out how to make Hemsworth's helmet fit properly and for DC to fit the ban on Superman's and the Batman's underoos.

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who says Fox's comic book adaptations can't have faithful costumes? Who says a costume from comic books can't work in live action?
    Yessirr
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's them thighs B.

Her and Chun Li got the GOAT fictional thigh meat
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

It's them thighs B.

Her and Chun Li got the GOAT fictional thigh meat

This is Brian Singer we're talking about here. So we have to hope and pray that Besty isn't whitewashed. Then again, Besty was

Psylocke_Card.jpeg

before she was

Psylocke-by-Linda-Le-2.jpg

Also you have to keep in mind that the Asian girl quota has been met since Jubilee is in the movie, so you have to ask yourself will there be two Asian chicks in the movie and if so, how big will their parts be?

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reynolds was a fool for that one.[/b] It's obvious that Reynolds ACTUALLY did his research and READ the source material, and he realized how cool of a character that Deadpool can be.

Also, I think that this a subtle way of letting the fandom know that the makers of this film aren't going to do some 'ole random :wtf:" ? . This tweet is also letting me know that this movie is going to be the dark comedy that it's suppose to be. My question is will Deadpool break the Fourth Wall?

If you've seen Ryan Reynolds in interviews he has deadpan nonchalant sense of humor, so for him to be playing Deadpool, (in my opinion,) he's only playing a caricature of himself.[/b]

Who says Fox's comic book adaptations can't have faithful costumes?[/b]

Who says a costume from comic books can't work in live action?

He did.
    It's not about realism. There are comics and there are comic book adaptions. What works on printed page isn't guaranteed to work in live action. The animated movies stay true to the designs. DC Phase 1 Movie Thread http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/497478/dc-phase-1-movie-thread/p104
    you want bright colors in superhero movies movies rent Sky High or ? Tracy DC Phase 1 Movie Thread http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/497478/dc-phase-1-movie-thread/p104

I've said for the longest time that the randomness and changes to the source material in film adaptions of comic books was due to the fact that producers, screenwriters, and casting directors, and directors simply didn't like something in the source material and felt that their wackass ideas worked better in film. At best we get what I felt was a better ending to Watchmen and at worse, we get G. I. J.O.E. Rise of Cobra.

As far as the uniforms go, (especially with Batfleck in the Batman's traditional black and grey uniform, the X-Men, and now Deadpool's uniform we see that the rendering of the uniforms can work on film, and the changes to the uniforms in the past, and now DC's obsession with muted colors, are nothing more than the director's personal choices. Now if they could only get a way to figure out how to make Hemsworth's helmet fit properly and for DC to fit the ban on Superman's and the Batman's underoos.

Don't be a ? . That second quote was of E2S, not me.
    Marvel is the same way. The blue in Caps outfit, the red/yellow in Iron man, thors armor, Hawkeye's outfit, the Xmen, spider-man. They ALL have more muted colors than their comic books. I don't know why DC gets singled out.

you want bright colors in superhero movies movies rent Sky High or ? Tracy

I didn't say that what work a on printed page will never work in live action. I said it's not always guaranteed to work. Anyone with a brain can understand a simple nuanced statement like that. And it's just a ? picture, which is akin to cosplay. As good as it looks, we still can't make a fair judgement until we see Reynolds in live action. I never doubted Deadpool's live action transition by the way.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? stupid and this ? sucks lol.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The past year has brought very strange days for fans of Hugh Jackman's performance as Wolverine. Depending on what project he's working on, what new developments arrive in Marvel movies or what way the wind is blowing, the star of seven X-Men films has been somewhat unpredictable as to where he stands with his future in the franchise.

Most recently, Jackman professed that he would play the character "until he dies" despite earlier claims that he was considering retirement. Then he went out and spoke highly of both the potential for Wolvie to crossover with the Avengers or to make a cameo in Ryan Reynolds' upcoming "Deadpool."

But this weekend on his Instagram account, the actor seemingly took a step back from that recent run of optimism, sharing the following image and message:

What exactly "One last time" means is unclear. It seems to indicate a fare thee well to the character, although the confirmed third "Wolverine" solo film isn't set to start filming until 2016. Could this mean he will appear in the currently underway "Deadpool"? Or "X-Men: Apocalypse"? Or is it all just a viral tease for some other movie news?

Regardless, it doesn't seem that fans will know with 100% certainty when Jackman's Wolverine run will end until it happens.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/jackman-turns-on-wolverine-status-declares-one-more-time
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Hugh Jackman's run as Wolverine is currently the longest anyone has ever portrayed a comic book character. You have to respect that.
  • soul rattler
    Options
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

Does anybody know if Sophie Turner can speak in an American accent or will we get some X-Men movie hella random incongruous ? , where this movie is suppose to be an alternate reality, Jeannie is now supposedly from the U.K.?

• TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Angel confirmed

Concept art

sGEJWSp.jpg
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Newcomer Cast As 'Negasonic Teenage Warhead' In Deadpool

briannahildebrand-sq.jpg?w=1280

According to The Hollywood Reporter, newcomer Brianna Hildebrand has joined the cast of Deadpool as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, a character who was created (and swiftly killed off) by Grant Morrison during his New X-Men run. She would later reappear when Joss Whedon was writing Astonishing X-Men as a psychic projection created by Emma Frost. The character is a telepath with precognitive abilities, and Hildebrand joins a cast which also includes Monica Baccarin, Gina Carano, and T.J. Miller. According to the site, the actress is "undergoing physical and stunt training", so it could be that she ends up having a major role in the movie.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i just wished they woulda got the director from first class and not bryan singer, but dude went and directed kingsman.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    i just wished they woulda got the director from first class and not bryan singer, but dude went and directed kingsman.
    Why?

Singer's DOFP > First Class
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

After finding out that Fox is actually trying to stay true to the source material, at least in terms of the rating:

GIF-Glad-Joy-happy-excited-Carlton-Banks-GIF.gif
    carlton-dance-o.gif
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Just pointing this out for everyone geeked over this: the Deadpool test footage we got last year was PG:13

it we got an R rating... Interesting considering someone has to take over as primary X Men character after Hugh Jackman retires as Wolverine.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Interesting considering someone has to take over as primary X Men character after Hugh Jackman retires as Wolverine.

Gambit.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Interesting considering someone has to take over as primary X Men character after Hugh Jackman retires as Wolverine.

Gambit.

That's what they said but that was before Ryan Reynolds got the Deadpool movie revived. I think he's a bigger box office draw than Tanning Chatham.

No one is really clamoring for a Gambit movie, at least not as much as Deadpool.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gambit.

That's what they said but that was before Ryan Reynolds got the Deadpool movie revived. I think he's a bigger box office draw than Tanning Chatham.

No one is really clamoring for a Gambit movie, at least not as much as Deadpool.

It's Tatum though. He'll become the new face of X-Men just because of who he is, but if they have both Tatum and Reynolds it'll be interesting to see what they do. If the Deadpool movie is financially successful then perhaps there will be separate X-Men and X-Force movies.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lol Yall be overhyping gambit