Is The Walking Dead Racist?....VIDEO *2015*

2»

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? forget that season 1 cast said ? a lot. Even Rick said it once or twice I think (not in a negative or malicious way though)

Meryl was racist of course he would say that. As many black actorscthey had on this show how could it be racist. If it was there would be no black actors meaning they don't want to give ? work.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they have something weird going on... Even the "gang banger" was weak as ? but all the white dudes are ? ...

T dawg was aganbanger? Didn't he saybhe used to drive the church bus before the world went to ? ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the characters on the show are flawed, so saying the depictions are "weak" is fallacious because The Group doesn't really have that many legit strong characters, Carol, Daryl and Michonne are the only ones that aren't cupcakes.

The revolving door however is very noticeable, just as one black male character dies another is introduced to take his place.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised cause I gave up on the show after the second episode in season 1 due to racist vibes and how far it strayed away from the source material....Came across this vid and they made somewhat of a parody of the series pointing out some racial "process of elimination" patterns towards black characters that reoccur on the show.......

http://youtu.be/kFoIwKl4w-Y

Your opinion doesn't count.You don't even watch the show.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    never seen one episode
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said the ? was racist over a year ago but it's not just this show. The 'random/inevitable black man getting his ass beat or killed incidentally while other white characters escaping the same fate' trope is an ugly reminder of the type of country we live in. Even the shows I like do the same ? : Agents of SHIELD, Being Human, etc.

They all do it.
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    After Asian men being portrayed for years as being unsexy martial arts masters Glenn is welcome change, I'm glad he cuffed Maggie with the quickness.

Could have been worse.

Still mad at Romeo Must Die, the ? was that.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I don't understand why they gave up on Tyrese character so quickly. T Dogg should of lasted one more season

C/S the ? bout Tyrese. Dude was killed off way too early
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? forget that season 1 cast said ? a lot. Even Rick said it once or twice I think (not in a negative or malicious way though)

What the ? was you watching?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meryl said it....

Rick said it once telln meryl there's no more blk/white cthe outbreak