When you first moved out on your own...?

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
How much did you save up? What's a good amount to save up?

I want to move out soon.. Any knowledge drops goatly appreciated

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? i had just enough for 1st and last months rent...
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    ? i had just enough for 1st and last months rent...

I know deposits pet deposits are key factors. I won't commit to payments that are out of my budget
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    you eating big boy burgers with saracha sauce all day and still live at home with moms???

vato get your priorities straight

Live at home w dad parents divorced almost 20 years ago carajo
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    you eating big boy burgers with saracha sauce all day and still live at home with moms???

vato get your priorities straight

Hilarious, and my immediate first thought

This ngga eatin ma dukes outta house n home with a $500/month random condiments budget
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Currently, I have up to 6 months of rent saved, going on 7, but whenever you do move out, make sure you have a decent job on the way, emergency money, and a 4 back up plans. Put yourself in a comfortable situation and make the move easy going and enjoyable as possible. Basically, dont be a ? and in stressful situations. Moving out and having your own is a GOAT feeling. This will be my second time. Im fighting depression now, but my sacfrices will be worth it in a couple of months. Just signed my least. Waiting game now. Take your licks and save up, and reap the benefits later.

BTW once you do move out and is in good position financially, KEEP SAVING REGARDLESS.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Shitttt, unless you have to move out, I would stay and continue to stack that paper.

This.

So many people are in such a rush to get out of their Parent's house that they don't have plans or priorities, they're just tired of being told what to do, not being able to bring bytches thru, or whatever else.

Imo, Living well > Living on your own just because while you're still figuring things out / stacking funds / going to school / etc..

I tried to tell my cousin this before he moved out with $600 to his name because thought he had to because mom and dad were tripping (they just wanted him to clean up after himself and help around the house, ? just lazy smh). ? thought I was lame for telling him to chill and get his paper up. He too busy trying to kick it, and he still ain't getting any chicks even with his own spot smh.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    what is your guys take on moving into a guest room rent is 400 dollars a month utilities are included wifi included Full House access. I'm looking at the ad right now it says 400 all inclusive
  • gotdamkam
    gotdamkam Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    Here in Florida rent is super cheap you can get a one bedroom for 260 a month in some areas out here. So living on i would save move out. In cali I would stay with my family as long as possible my one bedroom was 1245 a month.
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I made sure I at least had 1 rack in the bank before I moved out. Even then I was eating ramen noodles and jamaican beef patties as a diet because I'm a cheap ass chinaman.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what is your guys take on moving into a guest room rent is 400 dollars a month utilities are included wifi included Full House access. I'm looking at the ad right now it says 400 all inclusive

Depends. How big is the room and how many other ppl are living in the house?
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh rent in nyc is ? ridiculous . Me and my bro apartment hunting right now.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options

2 others @KingFreeman furn_room.jpg
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2 others @KingFreeman furn_room.jpg

Kinda pinched but not bad.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off buy all ya ? first

Big tv...ps4...comp....shoes..clothes...than save 1 k for rent

U can always have aroomate