When you first moved out on your own...?

Options

Comments

• Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't save ? ..I did a bunch of overtime and bounced.

My chick at the time bought my bedroom set and bathroom decor and my side chick at the time bought my living room and kitchen furniture.

One of the perks of being a young ? with two vets on the team..all they wanted was good ? and excitement and in return, they took care of all my material needs..
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I moved out when I was 17, got an apartment with my cousin.
    We stayed there for 3 years, he got married so I got me a mobile home and saved up 3,000.
    After that I got a duplex with my brother to help him save money, I saved up another 3,000.
    Met my wife and we decided to get a townhouse and we saved up 8,850 between the two of us.
    We are now about to buy our first home next month, 4 bedroom/3 bathroom because we now have 4 kids after my twins were born in September also thanks to my parents for giving us 4,000 all together in the 4 years we been married, we saves that as well.
    They gave us 1,000 every year just because they wanted to help us get our first home.
    I can not wait to finally have that family home, me and my friends are gonna paint and my wife already bought the furniture and put it in storage so we will be ready.

No lie some of those joints are kinda fly and cheap. I'm acquiring some land, and may start a trailer park
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? wasn't the snooty Foxx , ? it was the ? spot

With that said, keep them folks out ya house
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put your pride to the side and save 10 bands and fix your credit before you jump off the porch.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say it depends on your situation. If it's stressful where you are, save 3 months rent, utilities and bills. If you can wait, save at least 6 months. I'd also advise getting a roommate. Other people might disagree but I think it's better to get a roommate you don't know. Living with friends can get messy. Split a place with a college student or a stable female. Females are usually clean and she'll probably bring a girl or two to the crib.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    ? i had just enough for 1st and last months rent...

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    First off buy all ya ? first

Big tv...ps4...comp....shoes..clothes...than save 1 k for rent

U can always have aroomate

Roommates ain't for everybody, I found that out living with different people. ? be nasty and irresponsible, trying to bring people through all hours to chill and ? that, I'd just rather live by myself. At least I know if something happens, it was on me.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me and my girl saved like only enough for the deposit and enough to cover bills and food for a month since we both were working.

We bought everything before we moved in and we was gonna buy a bedroom set but said ? that and took ? from my old house. Moms gave me her living room set for the super low low too.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u got time u can buy some nice used furniture and refurbish/paint it while u getting ready to move.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    If u got time u can buy some nice used furniture and refurbish/paint it while u getting ready to move.

Not in this bedbug ass society we live in bruh. That's a no no.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

Roommates ain't for everybody,.

Cant put a price on peace of mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Shitttt, unless you have to move out, I would stay and continue to stack that paper.

This.

So many people are in such a rush to get out of their Parent's house that they don't have plans or priorities, they're just tired of being told what to do, not being able to bring bytches thru, or whatever else.

Imo, Living well > Living on your own just because while you're still figuring things out / stacking funds / going to school / etc..

WTF? ? be a man and move the ? out your parents house. That's a plan in itself, its called growing up and moving forward without looking back.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enough for furniture and two months rent.

About 4 stacks.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    I moved in 6 months ago and we still don't have a tv in there lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Whoa I meant in the living room lol
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shiiiiid

i used my FEMA money from Katrina to move into my place after i moved back to BR
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Blind leadin the blind out here, gotdamn.

Before you do ANYTHING, before you save 1 cent my ngga, BUY THAT BIG ASS TV!
    Lmao man thats some ? advice right there
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Shitttt, unless you have to move out, I would stay and continue to stack that paper.

This.

So many people are in such a rush to get out of their Parent's house that they don't have plans or priorities, they're just tired of being told what to do, not being able to bring bytches thru, or whatever else.

Imo, Living well > Living on your own just because while you're still figuring things out / stacking funds / going to school / etc..

I highly value my independence but this is why other cultures don't believe in the rush to get out the house ? .

I know some families where the daughter has a job like an optometrist and the son is an engineer or some ? . They'll still live at home until they get married. Cake up and open up retail storefronts that their parents run.

In America, we in a rush to run out and start paying everybody.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Blind leadin the blind out here, gotdamn.

Before you do ANYTHING, before you save 1 cent my ngga, BUY THAT BIG ASS TV!
    Lmao man thats some ? advice right there

Ya bcuz when u live solo n u watchn DVDs on a 22 inch TV like a jack ass...

Having everything before u moveout >>
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same idiots talk out save 1 grand!! Lol

What happens if his car break down that 1 k is gone off that

He ? up..with each paycheck he can spend $ on rent food other ?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    you eating big boy burgers with saracha sauce all day and still live at home with moms???

vato get your priorities straight

lol. was thinking the same thing.
    Half of my notifications come from "would you eat the golden turtle from Bennigans?"

"Can you handle the strawberry burrito from taco bell?"

"Are you drinking the ranch sauce milkshake from Sonic?"