Asap Rocky-At.Long.Last.ASAP Album Thread (6-2)

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Ghost
    fine wine
    excuse me
    jukebox joints
    max b
    better things
    m's
    everyday
    back home

that's half the album I can ? with. not bad but I think his last effort was better
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    A true artist evolves stylistically
    true
    like Andre 3k.
    okay
    ..each album was evolution.
    what album ? ???

• D0wn
    Sion wrote: »
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Rocky explains the Rita Ora and Rihanna bars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAianCHdxdE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I wonder what Rita will say about this ?

I have to say Rocky a stand up dude, did they release the whole interview ? There's gotta be more, I wonder how he feel about Yams, Ferg, 50 Cent, and what's the future of the A$AP Mobb ? Which other member gonna break out like Ferg ? I felt that after the mixtape they did, Ferg shined so much on there that he created that value. Twelvyy, Nast they dope. I think Nast should have next tho.
    Ferg album came out before the mixtape...
    he had work remix n og
    n he had shabba ranks...

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept 8/18 tracks, not bad for today's standards:

"Holy Ghost"
    "Canal St."
    "Excuse Me"
    "Electric Body"
    "Jukebox Joints"
    "Wavybone"
    "West Side Highway"
    "Everyday"
  • BeefStu
    BeefStu Members Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    A true artist evolves stylistically...like Andre 3k...each album was evolution..he even gave ? gems on how to tap into that supreme creative space.."no drugs or alcohol so I can get the signal clear"...signal from where exactly? Hmmmm

A painter doesn't paint the same picture over and over and over..and any ? condoning artistic stagnation is a mentally calcified beings..Life is all about evolution

This is the problem with doing too much dope..Your brain is like a file cabinet,its relatively organized if it contains no genetic defectives,but once you do drugs it scrambles those folders and fragments them..

What I noticed about drugged out "artists" like rocky is that they stay stuck in a repetitive realm no matter how hard they try to appear different..Drugs like lsd can take you to lower spiritual densities

This horrible.

Van Gogh would paint the multiple paintings of the same image until he saw fit.
    Beethoven had many symphonies with the same movements and similar composition.

Rocky's album is dope. This isn't stagnation. It is him reinventing topics he particularly raps about. You don't like Rocky's direction. That's fine. But to stay that he's making the same songs over and over is a reach. There is no "? Problems" on A.L.L.A...not even a "Brand New Guy". He's added Joe Fox and decided against the Mob being on this album.

This a dope album to me. It has it hits and and misses. But a solid 7.5/10. Nothing more, nothing less. I think people are going into this album expecting Andre 3K when it's a just an average rapper, with an above average flow, over hazy production. Don't like? The Love Below will always be there bruh...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Y'all making excuses, just say you think the album is dope in your opinion. To say its a reach to state he's making the same song over and over is being biased. For a majority of the album he did jus that, no need to give a blind eye to that.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u
    D0wn wrote: »
    A true artist evolves stylistically
    true
    like Andre 3k.
    okay
    ..each album was evolution.
    what album ? ???

Here we go with mr down syndrome here

So the same Andre 3k on southernplayeristic was the same Andre on atliens and aqemini?!

Fall back bruh...There are plenty emcees who evolved...Killah priest,Nas,Andre 3k etc..
  • EyeofAsaru
    BeefStu wrote: »
    A true artist evolves stylistically...like Andre 3k...each album was evolution..he even gave ? gems on how to tap into that supreme creative space.."no drugs or alcohol so I can get the signal clear"...signal from where exactly? Hmmmm

A painter doesn't paint the same picture over and over and over..and any ? condoning artistic stagnation is a mentally calcified beings..Life is all about evolution

This is the problem with doing too much dope..Your brain is like a file cabinet,its relatively organized if it contains no genetic defectives,but once you do drugs it scrambles those folders and fragments them..

What I noticed about drugged out "artists" like rocky is that they stay stuck in a repetitive realm no matter how hard they try to appear different..Drugs like lsd can take you to lower spiritual densities

This horrible.

Van Gogh would paint the multiple paintings of the same image until he saw fit.
    Beethoven had many symphonies with the same movements and similar composition.

Rocky's album is dope. This isn't stagnation. It is him reinventing topics he particularly raps about. You don't like Rocky's direction. That's fine. But to stay that he's making the same songs over and over is a reach. There is no "? Problems" on A.L.L.A...not even a "Brand New Guy". He's added Joe Fox and decided against the Mob being on this album.

This a dope album to me. It has it hits and and misses. But a solid 7.5/10. Nothing more, nothing less. I think people are going into this album expecting Andre 3K when it's a just an average rapper, with an above average flow, over hazy production. Don't like? The Love Below will always be there bruh...

Van Gogh was also a melanin deficient being..caucasians naturally have smaller pineal gland that secretes less melatonin than blacks..thats all alot of them have sleeping disorders...Van Gogh also was a mentally disturbed individual who had many issues..He experienced creative stagnation too..That being said,I enjoyed his artistic style of painting..

Reinventing? Lol...? you about to break your arm with all that reaching..Its more money,hoes,drugs,and clothes with this ? ..Like i said,his strongest suit is his melodic flow which partially mimics bone thugs n harmony

Alla was a ok album...i accept it for what it is but I also see what it isn't..Asap is starting to be a one trick pony
  • IceBergTaylor
    Idk what's to even talk about when most ppl defending the album say "idk what you're looking for this isn't jcole Lupe Kendrick Krit, etc" but in the same breath this BeefStu guy will act like he isn't rappin bout money hoes drugs and clothes. So than what IS he talking about than?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean the first track hes rapping about his relationship with ?
  • BeefStu
    Idk what's to even talk about when most ppl defending the album say "idk what you're looking for this isn't jcole Lupe Kendrick Krit, etc" but in the same breath this BeefStu guy will act like he isn't rappin bout money hoes drugs and clothes. So than what IS he talking about than?

He does rap about money, hoes, drugs, and clothes.
    He also raps about depression, ? , and struggle.

These are things most rappers rap about and I can't believe people have a problem about it in a rap forum.
    This is a Harlem ? from the streets and y'all expecting memoirs of a private school kid from NOLA who is grounded in the teachings of the Elijah Muhammad (jay electronica).
    Or a kid born Germany, living in the North Carolina, living in New York and graduating Magna ? Laude from St.Johns while trying to pursue a rap dream (J.Cole).
    My point is this: Before going into this album you knew who ASAP Rocky was. He has shown you.
    To expect him to rap about more topics is a bit absurd. There are other rappers who can articulate other topics better.

With the ASAP clique you know what you are getting.

I know what to expect lyrically and topically from ASAP. Therefore, I listen for how dope the MUSIC is. If the song is about hoes and it's DOPE...cool...if it's about hoes and it's not musically pleasing...that's cool.

It's a solid album to me.
  • IceBergTaylor
    AggyAF wrote: »

I meant the entire scope of the project. His relationship with ? isn't heavily emphasized throughout. Cause he's not that guy.

These are things most rappers rap about and I can't believe people have a problem about it in a rap forum.
    This is a Harlem ? from the streets and y'all expecting memoirs of a private school kid from NOLA who is grounded in the teachings of the Elijah Muhammad (jay electronica).
    Or a kid born Germany, living in the North Carolina, living in New York and graduating Magna ? Laude from St.Johns while trying to pursue a rap dream (J.Cole).
    My point is this: Before going into this album you knew who ASAP Rocky was. He has shown you.
    To expect him to rap about more topics is a bit absurd. There are other rappers who can articulate other topics better.

I know what to expect lyrically and topically from ASAP. Therefore, I listen for how dope the MUSIC is. If the song is about hoes and it's DOPE...cool...if it's about hoes and it's not musically pleasing...that's cool.

You're only proving my point. And to say "to expect him to rap about more topics is absurd" is an absurd statement. as if you're not suppose to expect artistry from an ARTIST. One who claims to be "different" and "innovative" even Big Sean expanded his topics on his last album. I'm done
  • BeefStu

I meant the entire scope of the project. His relationship with ? isn't heavily emphasized throughout. Cause he's not that guy.

You're only proving my point. And to say "to expect him to rap about more topics is absurd" is an absurd statement. as if you're not suppose to expect artistry from an ARTIST. One who claims to be "different" and "innovative" even Big Sean expanded his topics on his last album. I'm done

Big Sean has been rapping about the same thing. You said EXPANDED...but it's this the same topics. Money, hoes, clothes, struggle, and ? .

How is that absurd? I don't expect Chance the Rapper to rap gang ? . I don't expect Waka Flocka to rap about existentialism.

Artists have lanes. I would rather a rapper stick to what he does well than to be all over the ? place. lol
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? was better than that wack ass Kendrick album
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great album? No but its not bad at all
  • IceBergTaylor

Big Sean has been rapping about the same thing. You said EXPANDED...but it's this the same topics. Money, hoes, clothes, struggle, and ? .

How is that absurd? I don't expect Chance the Rapper to rap gang ? . I don't expect Waka Flocka to rap about existentialism.

Artists have lanes. I would rather a rapper stick to what he does well than to be all over the ? place. lol

Did you even listen to Big Sean's last album? I'm not even a big Sean fan and call tell you he put more effort in this last then his first two.

Again stop making pleas for ASAP and just say you like the album for what it is. Period. saying "he has his lane" but denying every song sounds the same doesn't make any sense and it's fitting only an idiot like a 13 year old poster would agree with you, no beef to you personally brethren
  • D0wn
    zzombie wrote: »

Why u fake hotep ? hate that album???

The streets ? with it...
  • BeefStu
    edited May 2015

Did you even listen to Big Sean's last album? I'm not even a big Sean fan and call tell you he put more effort in this last then his first two.

Again stop making pleas for ASAP and just say you like the album for what it is. Period. saying "he has his lane" but denying every song sounds the same doesn't make any sense and it's fitting only an idiot like a 13 year old poster would agree with you, no beef to you personally brethren

I already said I like the album but your critique is fallacious when you use examples like Big Sean.

Every song on this album sounds the same? LFPJ2 sounds nothing like Max B. Excuse Me ( that has a sample of The Platters) sounds nothing like aforementioned songs.

Yes I listened to Dark Sky Paradise and I've been listening to Big Sean since UKNOWBIGSEAN Vol2. He has been rapping the same TOPICS over and over. MONEY, HOES, STRUGGLE.

He just reinvents. He may add a new perspective. The beat may change. He may add elements. But it is the same topic. No different that What Rocky has done.

Now you're trying to change the topic to "effort"...Like we can actually gauge and quantify such.
  • EyeofAsaru
    Bottom line..Asap is going to be asap...they just some superficial, 10% juice 90% high fructose corn syrup rap ? ..all of them..Ol fake illusion of innovation ass rap

Me personally I cant tolerate too much of that repetitive music..Ok my ? you get money,you ? hoes,you do acid yada yada ya!

This guy is wasted potential..Great flow and great timing but substance wise? His music is like ? French fries..When it gets cold,no matter how much u try to reheat it,its not as good

you might can fool the rest but u can't fool the ? bruh

• zzombie

The streets ? with it...

? who the ? are you talking to???? you not respecting your ? jaw right now, i am not one of those afro-centric hotep burning incense ? . foh

that album is pretentious trash with uninspiring production
  • D0wn

The streets ? with it...

? who the ? are you talking to???? you not respecting your ? jaw right now, i am not one of those afro-centric hotep burning incense ? . foh

I can dig posting
    But A poster with a ghost writer what the ? happened
  • awwwwwwwwwww
    awwwwwwwwwww Members Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His flow and lyricism got better but there aren't a lot of stand out songs. I would say almost half are decent. I wish Multiply was on the album.
  • zzombie

The streets ? with it...

I can dig posting

? what????
  • D0wn

The streets ? with it...

I can dig posting

? what????
    ? where were you when I was walkin'?
    Now I run the game got the whole world talkin',
    King Kunta
    Everybody wanna cut the legs off him,
    Kunta
    Black man taking no losses
  • zzombie

The streets ? with it...

I can dig posting

? what????
    ? where were you when I was walkin'?
    Now I run the game got the whole world talkin',
    King Kunta
    Everybody wanna cut the legs off him,
    Kunta
    Black man taking no losses

you spitting lyrics from that corny ass kendrick album

man ? ? that wack ? my ? played that ? in the house and all her plants died.