What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The K-Dot "1st week failure" should finally tell us to STOP placing emphasis on sales....

Replies

• onthaflyonthafly Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    nex gin wrote: »
    Why the average consumer puts so much emphasis on record sales has always been a mystery to me.

Because if that artists stops selling then record labels stop investing in said artist. You could still do mixtapes but it's not the same as having a new Timbaland or Dre beat for your album. That shit ain't cheap.
    Help out a struggling white family - http://www.gofundme.com/no11vs

or

Support our troops - http://www.gofundme.com/nodk0o
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,542 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its 2015 not many rappers are selling anymore shit not even RnB. But Country, Pop, Rock etc still selling like nothing. Smh. Its a damn shame
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should finally tell u niggas to stop placing your faith in these weirdo rap niggas
    tumblr_nvppa2vZKf1ruz6zso1_500.gif
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Considering that he didn't have any real hit singles like the last album he did really well. 300k + is huge.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    sapp08_2001CashmoneyDux
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,662 Regulator
    the way sion projected this...makes me fear ever giving him access to my finances...

But you gotta admit !!! After he broke the Spotify record it seemed likely LOLOLOLOLOL

IF NOT FOR THE LEAK FAM !!!!!!
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    sapp08_2001thulsadoom
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 11,413 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    We all can't be right about sales lolololol
    zvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpg
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 11,413 Regulator
    And lol @ "first week failure". The only failure was the release of the album. Those sales are great. Those gonna be a Top 10 debut numbers for the year. I'd avi bet on it.
    zvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpg
    SionStoneColdMikey
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't even know Kendrick dropped
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, y'all aren't catching why I put "first week failure" in quotes.

I KNOW he didn't fail. 320K in a debut week is great, especially in this age. But people were hollering about "500k first week", "700k+" etc....

Catch the damn satire.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....

giphy.gif
    Yep. It's THAT season again....
  • rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Why y'all acting like this dude was about to do Taylor Swift numbers? The rappers who might be considered bigger than Kendrick ain't doing too much better themselves. Fuck sales I want hot music.
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhhhh ....Albums continue to sale after the first week......

CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    Already Home_17fortyacresD0wn
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont get the people saying the message is why he aint sell that much, wtf ion think that has nothing to do with nothing.

so we just gon forget the release was botched?? if not for that this shit is gold first week easy, and i was predicting 300k range b4 and, shit it did that with a fucked up release! if u have a big enough fanbase u can just do what u do, cole and drake did so i shouldnt even have to tell u that.

when it comes to emphasis on sales i think some of us like myself just wanna see certain artists do well, but most go way too far n say shit like "that nigga only sold ___ he garbage"
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
    StoneColdMikey
  • bless the childbless the child Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 2weeks he's at 460-470k. I think he's good. Probably will climb up to by the fall. Im happy him and Cole selling.
  • CantBanTheSoulManCantBanTheSoulMan Posts: 272 ✭✭
    MUSICALLY the album is wack. The message is great, the best message since the Bible or whatever, but MUSICALLY....it just doesn't sound good. I like Kendrick because he is a hip hop artist with a message, not a jazz fusionist/afrobeat whatever the fuck. I want to hear dope beats and dope rhymes. Sure there is a important message that our culture needs to hear but....fuck I can't get into the music. All props to him for trying something different and evolving as an artist, but....

I know a lot of people feel that way, but once a majority of people declare something a classic, well, there is no room for argument anymore.

Overly Dedicated was brilliant, Section .80 is the best, GKMC was great and an important album for Hip Hop, still not sure about To Pimp a Butterfly. 6 spins in and I just can't get into it.
    xxCivicxxCashmoneyDux
  • xxCivicxxxxCivicxx stew Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You niggas nut hug Kendrick like hipsters nut hug obscure emo alt-rock bands

Stop being blinded by what y'all want him to be and actually analyze his music.

It's not as good as y'all want to believe it is
    https://soundcloud.com/xcivicx

Xbox Live: xCivicx
    PSN: Civicxx

Russell-Wilson.jpg
    "Jay Electricity, PBS Mysteries
    In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history
    You can’t say shit to me, الحمد لله‎(Praise be to God)
    It’s strictly by faith that we made it this far..."

RIP Chinx Drugz
    KingFreeman
  • champagne_papichampagne_papi Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Tried to reach out so I can save em this year... fuck it I guess I have to wait till next year.
  • L3NUL3NU Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    the way sion projected this...makes me fear ever giving him access to my finances...

But you gotta admit !!! After he broke the Spotify record it seemed likely LOLOLOLOLOL

LMAO you didn't take the leak into account? Like almost every album in history doesn't leak?

You sound like this dude from the boondocks

mqdefault.jpg

"I didn't kno the album would leak! It was an unknown unknown! "
    LcnsdbyROYALTY
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    L3NU wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »

LMAO you didn't take the leak into account? Like almost every album in history doesn't leak?

You sound like this dude from the boondocks

mqdefault.jpg

"I didn't kno the album would leak! It was an unknown unknown! "

Sion was like "there are known knowns, But there are also unknown unknowns, record leaks and consumer fickleness we don't know we don't know is gonna happen!"
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    LcnsdbyROYALTY
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    sophomore slump
  • D0wnD0wn Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya ass gonna be in in jail, listening to Wesley Theory on reapeat
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on a Hater like

Cam-gif.gif
    choppa_stylethulsadoom