What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Wale: "I want some respect."

WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
Billboard: Wale

"I want people to be like, 'your album's just as
good as Kendrick [Lamar]'s or Esperanza Spalding
or Beck, '"Wale says. I work just as hard as them."

I didn't wanted to read, or even see that whole interview. What a crybaby.
Maybe if he wasn't such a crybaby, and stopped his constantly complaining
People (maybe) would gave him some more respect, he apparently desperately need it.

What's your opinion on this guy?
Does a rappers image, influence your opinion about his work?
Imo sometimes it does, just came to find out, Im tired of this dude.

So give him some respect.
I already lost mine..

wale.jpg
smh
mosincrediblesilverfoxxBabaaaKing_sorrowKamPushMeiron man1illestni99ainnegenocidecutteratribecalledgabi$ineedmoney$Young StefDNB1HustleThaDonpurpngoldStoneColdMikey32DaysOfInfinitiSionChi SnowAlready Home_17onetoughmiracleD0wnnj2089JonnyRoccITbkzlostchilddwade206sullyCJRubato GarciaKINGECreapin505BrideofKillaJDSTAYWITITBlackAX410CeLLaR-DooRbless the childsoul rattlertexasdaking88martinpaynePeeny_Wallysapp08_2001GhostdenithegawdTrill Gate$The RecipeBarryHallsPapaDoc223jononujerz84achewon87LincolnFigodallas' 4 evaMrCrookedLetterPaprikamacadonwooCleveland7venty6not_osirus_jenkinsTrillfatebigev240dnyce215The_JackalJack_MovesArya Tsaddiqblackgod813nex ginMECCA1000stackmaster 313just.might.b.okSneakDZAMatike85

Replies

• WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I don't understand the Wale hate.

Yeah, I had the same problem.
    A$AP_A$TON
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Die...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: [email protected]
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Sion Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

yea he just puts his foot in his mouth sometimes....like this thread will have more folks than the album thread b/c of the head line and the fact that this the type of shit he's known for.

it seems like he just constantly feeds the trolls but i guess the nigga just can't help himself b/c he's a over sensitive nigga

You nailed it..
    I used to cop all Wale music,
    it seem like ever since they start putting a mic in his face, (interviews)
    all he ever does is bitch and complain..

Then when I seen how he acted in the Nardwuar interview, I was done..
    How you gon' act tough towards Nardwuar ??

Lol frfr nigga personality pushes you away from his music. Like why should I support this annoying ass dude? You know he in the studio fapping to how amazing his last line is and telling the producers, " aye my nigga, you heard what I just said??? U heard that? " Smh dude is just corny to me man. He has soooo much talent but he gets in his own way. It seems like he is extremely hard headed, and no one can tell him shit to better himself. Can't support or be around people like that.
    Peezy_Jenkins
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep working on your crafts my brother and one day you might get it
    Peezy_JenkinsKLICHEblackgod813
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynPosts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wale makes dope music... not as dope as his contemporaries, but I have no complaints about it. But damn, is this mufucka's whole genetic makeup sponsored by Kotex? Only girls going thru their first period complain more than this nigga.
    Agrv2385davidbrooksYoung Stef
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be the African in him
    Rozetta5tone_God_
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. Without watching the video and potentially missing some context, that quote is enough reason to dislike him. People worthy of respect don't sit down and demand they get it, they do shit that commands it. If he wants to be respected like those people he named, he can't just work as hard as them, he has to make a product just as good as theirs.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Agrv2385
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

yea he just puts his foot in his mouth sometimes....like this thread will have more folks than the album thread b/c of the head line and the fact that this the type of shit he's known for.

it seems like he just constantly feeds the trolls but i guess the nigga just can't help himself b/c he's a over sensitive nigga

You nailed it..
    I used to cop all Wale music,
    it seem like ever since they start putting a mic in his face, (interviews)
    all he ever does is bitch and complain..

Then when I seen how he acted in the Nardwuar interview, I was done..
    How you gon' act tough towards Nardwuar ??

yea i seen that i don't think it was acting tough but just kinda being sucker nigga for no real reason

I mean you from the DMV so of course dude gonna pull out some go go albums to come at you with...we don't have any rap artists shit to pull out...i mean he want him to pull out a mya or tank album.....so I'm not sure what he was expecting

now I don't let his actions stop me from enjoying his music but you can't deny his bitchassness and how he's pushing off fans
    Peezy_Jenkinsblackgod813
  • Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Getting it out the mud Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't make ppl like you or respect you or your craft/work is what someone should tell him...all you have to do is embrace the ppl that fuck wit you and respect your craft/work...

He wants it so bad, (which isn't a bad thing) but he just needs to lay off of how many ppl he can get to respect his work and appreciate the ppl that actually fuck with him...if it's only 10, put the energy in your work for those 10 and don't worry about the 20 million that overlook your shit...more you talk about it, the more reason to give that 20 milli to overlook your shit and cast stones....but fuck it..it's his life...

*bumps new album*
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,261 Regulator
    You probably should quote the rest of that because out of context that quote is tucked up. He did also say he go no issue with people not liking his music he just prefers an actual explanation behind it.
    StoneColdMikeyesco sopranoThe Iconoclast
  • onthaflyonthafly Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Weazel wrote: »
    Billboard: Wale

"I want people to be like, 'your album's just as
    good as Kendrick [Lamar]'s or Esperanza Spalding
    or Beck, '"Wale says. I work just as hard as them."

smh

Nigga I can work just as hard as LeBron, that doesn't mean I'm gonna ball like him. Plus I got no respect for whinny ass niggas. Make the most of what you got and stop bein a bitch about it.
    Help out a struggling white family - http://www.gofundme.com/no11vs

or

Support our troops - http://www.gofundme.com/nodk0o