Wale: "I want some respect."

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Whale is the dude who ask you for your objective opinion but get mad when you disagree with him LOLOL SMMFH.

Put it in a rap, stop holding your tongue and make quality music. It didn't work on Interscope, it didn't work on RocNation, it's not workin on MMG anymore, what more do you want son ? He needs to switch the flow, find a consistent producer and come with a new movement.

J.Cole is speaking out about social injustices, Kendrick is telling you to think about yourself and respect yourself and love being black to uplift yourself and your community, Big Sean is telling you to live your dreams and anything is possible, Drake is sensitive to the "pressure of fame". What does Whale promote ? That's the problem....
    Wales last album was on par if not better than Coles in my opinion but on here folk wouldnt admit it and just had nothing but jokes.

What Cole album is that ?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought LoveHate Thing off iTunes.

My girl bought Bad

Other than that i dont know his music. Ive seen him live open for Jcole but didn't understand a word he was sayin

He always complaining tho
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone hand this negress a ? pad to wipe his ? tears...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Whale is the dude who ask you for your objective opinion but get mad when you disagree with him LOLOL SMMFH.

Put it in a rap, stop holding your tongue and make quality music. It didn't work on Interscope, it didn't work on RocNation, it's not workin on MMG anymore, what more do you want son ? He needs to switch the flow, find a consistent producer and come with a new movement.

J.Cole is speaking out about social injustices, Kendrick is telling you to think about yourself and respect yourself and love being black to uplift yourself and your community, Big Sean is telling you to live your dreams and anything is possible, Drake is sensitive to the "pressure of fame". What does Whale promote ? That's the problem....
    Wales last album was on par if not better than Coles in my opinion but on here folk wouldnt admit it and just had nothing but jokes.

the one that came out within a week or two of the gifted
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the one that came out within a week or two of the gifted

Don't remember when the Gifted came out but Born Sinner was easily better if that's the album
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is the album, born sinner solid but easily better ? nah. neither one really have that much replay value but the gifted has slightly more imo
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Born Sinner is definitely better than the Gifted. Theres just better cohesion due to Cole being a better artist overall. There was a solid block of tracks on the Gifted that was horrid (Clappers, Tired of Dreaming, Rotation) that really hurt that album.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol yo I still cant get over the fact Wale had the Bad Remix with Rihanna singing the same damn hook as the original and both were on the album.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The one folk on here joked was boring.... With the I let Nas down song on it
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im Sure Harold Minor Wanted People To Look At Him In The Same Way They Looked At Jordan Too...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a point tho..... Folk will overrated rappers ? they like and throw salt his way cuz he emotional. Kendrick could put ot mediocre ? and it will get elevated while Wale and Drake can put out a good project and it will get downplayed cuz they soft. Had Wale dropped this album before he was affiliated with Ross best believe the same folk talking ? would big up it.

no sir ... these are excuses and it makes him look even more pathetic ... his last ? is trash ... its garbage ..its boo boo ... its doo doo grits ... simple as that ... anything else is pure nonsense and the truth in that statement is why wale is on his current ? fest ...he knows that he simply cannot compete on his peers level .. and that ? has to hurt

DAMN.

..............SAD
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His music has regressed IMO just cater to ya core audience and stop complaining lls
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? whale and teagues
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I checked out 2 of his mixtape. Can't recall the names of them or the tracks, but the beats were solid.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    He has a point tho..... Folk will overrated rappers ? they like and throw salt his way cuz he emotional. Kendrick could put ot mediocre ? and it will get elevated while Wale and Drake can put out a good project and it will get downplayed cuz they soft. Had Wale dropped this album before he was affiliated with Ross best believe the same folk talking ? would big up it.

It'd be alot of "Damn how crazy is it he got Seinfield to do these songs with him".
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like a few of Wale's songs but don't like how hard he be feeling his own lyrics in his songs(you can tell by his tone in his raps that he feels like he's blessing the masses with godly wordplay when most of his ? is mediocre at best)

I feel like the ? is insulting my intelligence in a lot of his songs so I don't really check for him too much these days.

Plus he featured horribly on 2 songs that I really like. He almost ruined both songs
  • martinpayne
    martinpayne Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Options
    well wale u need to be like dylan
    tumblr_nariaeJNFy1rfzg5po4_500.gif
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny because he looks exactly like the type of dude that would be this sensitive.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He suppose to say I demand respect!!!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs to focus on the art. Just do it for the love of the art and people will respect that more than anything.

People change like the weather, so trying to plead for their love and respect is pointless....just focus on the music.

^^^^^this
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Clip with Jerry Seinfeld telling Wale to stop worrying about what people think about him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrFyEXv5G_g
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fredo Corleone immediately came to mind when I read the thread title.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Fredo Corleone immediately came to mind when I read the thread title.

Word ..this ? has a fredo complex...
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Tabi Bonney > Wale

Boy if you don't get.

I'll wait for a ? to prove me wrong.

Wale has been trying to be (to the public) what people like Tab have been just on GP. ? tries too hard To be cool. He really a lame ? if you listen to his lyrics. Especially personal records or records to women. His delivery is that of a ? that tries too hard. Same ? now, he wants people to respect him, but instead of getting out there And not being a ? cornball......he goes and complains.

I mean there's a lane for lame ? , he just don't wanna stay in it.