Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smaller government means less military.

Which is a bad thing IMO
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    didnt read. The stock market crash a few years ago changed a whole lot of things.

The wealthy dont work...evrybody else does. The rich work a lil smarter rather than harder.

Maybe you should've read.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is not suprising. Next America will make us hate the ones thats doing all the work while the fat rich hide inside their big houses that we will never see
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The whole point of getting rich is so that you are yours can be forever secure. These stupid ? liberals are going to destroy America.

America is not ? ? ass western Europe or corny ? Canada

A man of ? shouldn't think like this.

Because

? it.

Who told you I was a man of ? ???
    You...
    The whole point of getting rich is so that you are yours can be forever secure. These stupid ? liberals are going to destroy America.

Because

? it.

You...

Never said that, knowing of ? and being a man of ? are two different things.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

Because

? it.

You...

Because

? it.

You...

It's a figure of speech. christian man=man of ?
  • zombie
    Options

Because

? it.

You...

Because

? it.

You...

It's a figure of speech. christian man=man of ?

Wrong. a man of ? is a title given to Christians like pastors and religious teachers, simply being a Christian doesn't make you a man of ? .to be a Christian all you have to do is believe Christ was who he said he was.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i forgot who said this but "student loans ? dreams" lol.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the rich write the rules. The poor worship and at least, respect the rich, even if they despise them. It hurts even more when you able see the fuckery but unable to do anything about it.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats basic knowledge.

Just look at the hierarchy in a business.

The closer to the top you get the less work you do. Though your responsibilities increase usually.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Thats basic knowledge.

Just look at the hierarchy in a business.

The closer to the top you get the less work you do. Though your responsibilities increase usually.

But the article is talking about people that have no responsibilities. Trust fund babies which may include all of the grand kids and even nieces and nephews. Some of them work for the share sake of earning and not wanting to be under the shadow of their fathers even though they use their parents money for seed money. More are becoming entitled socialites getting reality shows.
  • zombie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    America was not built on equality and this society is not about equality
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yet you claimed it was being ruined by the attack on trustfund babies

sounds to me like it was already a ruined country
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

It was built on equality for land owners vs kings that claim dominion over all. It was also built on equality for religions and an escape from central government ran religious authority (see Church of England). Then reality happened and the old silly ideological government was scrapped for a more reasonable one.
  • zombie
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

No i said it was being ruined by liberals, liberals want to enforce equality but equality is not an american value.
    The american value systems revolves around liberty, the primary ideal of this society is liberty not equality. Ideally you are given just enough EQUALITY before the law to ensure your liberty. The ideals of Modern europe revolve around equality So leftism fits their ideals better only now they are finally seeing that it does not work. It's too bad that so many americans want to go left and i don't think they understand what they are getting this nation into

America does not always reach it's ideals but generally speaking the goal of this society is liberty.

The problem black people have is we don't understand the society we are living in, we don't know what americanism is and increasingly even white americans don't know what americanism is.
  • zombie
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

It was built on equality for land owners vs kings that claim dominion over all. It was also built on equality for religions and an escape from central government ran religious authority (see Church of England). Then reality happened and the old silly ideological government was scrapped for a more reasonable one.

No those landowners wanted liberty from the kings and fairness and as time went on america has generally pursued increasing levels of liberty as it's goal.

it's not equality of religion, it's liberty of religion, freedom of religion. In a democracy there can never really be true equality because there will always exists THE pressure of numbers
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No i said it was being ruined by liberals, liberals want to enforce equality but equality is not an american value.
    The american value systems revolves around liberty, the primary ideal of this society is liberty not equality. Ideally you are given just enough EQUALITY before the law to ensure your liberty. The ideals of Modern europe revolve around equality So leftism fits their ideals better only now they are finally seeing that it does not work. It's too bad that so many americans want to go left and i don't think they understand what they are getting this nation into

America does not always reach it's ideals but generally speaking the goal of this society is liberty.

The problem black people have is we don't understand the society we are living in, we don't know what americanism is and increasingly even white americans don't know what americanism is.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

If we're talking about ideals, then you are just wrong.. Equality of opportunity is one of the main ideals of this nation and the backbone of the "American Dream". And probably, why you chose to move here
  • zombie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

If we're talking about ideals, then you are just wrong.. Equality of opportunity is one of the main ideals of this nation and the backbone of the "American Dream". And probably, why you chose to move here

The "american dream" that people talk about was created over a century after this nation was founded and as the populace thinks of it it was created in in 1930's. but in any case don't misunderstand me equality is important however the supreme american value has always been LIBERTY NOT EQUALITY.

I did not come here for equality i came here for money and to build wealth and i knew that america would provide me with the greatest chance to get that wealth because it takes liberty to attain wealth. If i was focused on equality i would have chosen to go to england or canada like many other jamaicans do.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

The "american dream" that people talk about was created over a century after this nation was founded and as the populace thinks of it it was created in in 1930's. but in any case don't misunderstand me equality is important however the supreme american value has always been LIBERTY NOT EQUALITY.

I did not come here for equality i came here for money and to build wealth and i knew that america would provide me with the greatest chance to get that wealth because it takes liberty to attain wealth. If i was focused on equality i would have chosen to go to england or canada like many other jamaicans do.
    which is where the belief of equality of opportunity comes from, which is an ideal that this nation was founded on. so you are agreeing with me
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited April 2015
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

No those landowners wanted liberty from the kings and fairness and as time went on america has generally pursued increasing levels of liberty as it's goal.

it's not equality of religion, it's liberty of religion, freedom of religion. In a democracy there can never really be true equality because there will always exists THE pressure of numbers

Basically, there was no freedom because the state ran ? or a central entity ran ? . What's the difference between the state and a single corporate body running ? ? You can't have liberty without equivalence because someone will always infringe on that liberty do to limits in resources. Liberals don't want more central overreach, they want more laws to protect from overreach from all parties and they want equal access. Religious laws establishing the inherent right for limiting peoples access is an affront to liberty. The rich consuming limited resources and limiting peoples access to them is an affront to liberty.
  • zombie
    Options
    @AggyAF

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

ACTUALLY read what i write i said you are given equality to ensure liberty it's liberty that is the goal. Equality is just a means to that end once a poor person is just as free before the law as a rich person then that's the end of the equality that the government considers a self-evident truth.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    @AggyAF

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

ACTUALLY read what i write i said you are given equality to ensure liberty it's liberty that is the goal. Equality is just a means to that end once a poor person is just as free before the law as a rich person then that's the end of the equality that the government considers a self-evident truth.

i understand, you said equality is not an American value when it is and it is used as a basis for other values. Can't have liberty and pursuit of happiness without basic equality
  • zombie
    edited April 2015
    Options

which is where the belief of equality of opportunity comes from, which is an ideal that this nation was founded on. so you are agreeing with me

Equality of opportunity only applies before the courts, before the law there should be no class system as we are all equally under it, but this is only so to ensure our liberty. the law is to ensure liberty not equality