The ? the ? is altleast a 75-80...

Wale is garbage
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    How the ? is wale album a 66???

The ? the ? is altleast a 75-80...
    Cause you didn't do a review for it, that's how.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ALLA review

I gave this album another spin and I decided to give it an 8. It grew on me and I can honestly say that I liked the majority of it.

I can see why some people dislikes it tho. People aren't used listening to asap on these types of beats. They expect bangers and raw ? . But Iike I said before, this majority of the songs are smooth and trippy. Overall, this a good album. Long live asap is still slightly better, although this album did show how rocky improved his lyricism.

Final score 8/10
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Who's gonna review ICP's new album when it comes?
    Lol would anyone co-sign this?

lmfao i support this, it'd be hilarious

? gotta do it with a straight face and explain why its a 17/100 album instead of just reflexively jumping to "0" tho lol
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    know what? ? it, imma do it. I'll bite lol.

Devil's Advocate time before I begin: These dudes have run their own indie label for damn near 25 years, they support other Horrorcore rappers, and they don't throw their artists in the bushes. Their "Gathering of the Juggalos" music festival usually has a gang of hip-hop/soul legends and with Rock the Bells dead......it srsly might be the biggest Hip-Hop music festival left now. (smh) Tech N9ne ? with them heavy and he's basically a ? to ICP fans now.

Etc. TL;DR - ICP is trash music but I respect what they've accomplished. More or less.

Now,

The Marvelous Missing Link:Lost

1. "Intro" - (I've read about how their LPs are all part of this giant concept album series thing about the wicked being punished by ? or something and i still find that hilarious. Like ya'll horrorcore cacs are conscious rappers hanh lol. Really? Ok. Kind of heavy handed with the MORAL MESSAGE™ if you ask me. Decent drums and singing at the end i guess.) 3/10

2. "Lost" - (Slow beat with lots of guitars. Def more "metal" than "rap". Basic flows. Pretty sure they care more about making their voices sound SCARY EDGY. Boring.) 2/10

3. "Apocalypse" (This is one of the few songs produced by an established hip-hop producer - Michael "Seven" Summers - that works w/ Tech N9ne and it shows. Some ill sound design and drum programming here. Hook is wild. The verses are the only thing really holding this back tbh lol. The verses themselves feel like an afterthought. Shaggy 2 Dope is prolly a little better.) 5/10

4. "Shock" (.............this beat is sick. That offtune lead synth sound, damn. Michael "Seven" Summers is a ? beast on the boards. This beat wouldn't sound too out of place on a Run the Jewels record. ? Damn, give Tech N9ne these beats cuz. Violent J's basic-ass flow is slightly improved here. Very cool ending.) 7/10

5. "Confederate Flag" (Anti-Racism song that's explicitly about saying ? YOU to that ? KKK slavery flag and the crackas that wanna make excuses for it. ? is a song about slaughtering Klansmen. Can't hate on that. Credit where credit is due. Mike P. isn't as polished as Seven on the boards but provides a interesting mashup of old-school trap drums and wailing chords. I need a conscious hood ? like Killer Mike or Bishop Lamont to remix this ? .) 7/10

6. "? " (Some "White Girl Lost" cautionary tale about hoes or summin. That breath sound effect is cool, but Mike P overuses it until its annoying. I swear to ? these dudes are using like pre-Rakim if not Kurtis Blow era rap flows, I need to wash my ears with Freddie Gibbs after this) 4/10

7. "Falling Apart" (Emotional rap rock. Eh. Yeah its about "struggling" but so are most of Nickelback's songs. Meh.) 4/10

8. "How" (Ewww. WTF is this generic-ass piano beat with the "Fiesta" claps? Worst beat on the album. The hook is like the most sappy generic rock hook.....I was joking about Nickelback w/ the last track but this hook is straight Nickelback style trash for real. This is what Horrorcore sounds like in 2015....? Lol this song is softer than Drake) 1/10

9. "Explosions" (Not as dope as the two earlier "Seven" helmed joints, but his sound design is still impressive. Wish he did more with those video game/chiptune elements. They sound better as rock singers than rappers imho lol. This sort of beat is begging for some double/triple time MCing but I don't think ICP could pull that off if you put a gun to their heads.) 5/10

10. "I'll Keep My Hatchet" (Dubstep-ish, but it needed more of dem crazy Skrillex sounds instead of a
    piano hook that screeches the aggressive vibe to a halt. Like the way they mixed the rap vocals on this
    tho.) 4/10

11. "Neighbors Are Fighting" (Fits neatly with the two tracks before it. I really do think they heard the
    uptempo Run the Jewels 2 tracks and tried to aim for that style. This "Otis" producer does an admirable
    job but he's definitely no El-P. Lyrically speaking, I would love to hear some Juggalo stan explain to
    me how these basic "I'LL ? YOU UP" lyrics are deeper and more meaningful than the basic "I'LL ?
    YOU UP" lyrics we hear from ? like O.T Genasis or whoever every day.) 3/10

12. "You Should Know" (Genocidecutter did you really say "If you want prove Violent J is lyrically top ten
    dead or alive listen to this song. Crazy wordplay" DID YOU REALLY SAY THAT, DID YOU REALLY ? SAY THAT, HOW CAN ANYONE BE A HIP-HOP HEAD AND SAY THAT AND REALLY BELIEVE IT. "Rakim, Nas, Common, KRS, Ghost, etc......AND OH YEAH, VIOLENT J OF COURSE!" ? you are ? trippin, we know you love these cacs but please ? with that stannery.

"I ? a chicken head, sometimes two/
    And come home and cuddle with you/
    Cause you're the one I choose to stay with/
    And your heart is something I play with/"

WHAT THE ? IS THIS WEAK-ASS ? ? DEAD @ "CRAZY WORDPLAY". WOWWWW HE RHYMED "YOU'RE" WITH "YOUR", CRAZY MULTIS GOT DAYUMMM, KOOL G RAP GOT NUTHIN ON VIOLENT J) 1/10

13. "Flamethrower" (Strongest guitar-driven raprock beat on this album...*almost* Bomb Squad/Rick Rubin-ish at times. Probably my favorite hook on the album next to Confederate Flag.) 5/10

14. "I See the Devil" (Minimalist beat that builds up slowly. But that's not a good thing when you're dealing with MCs that - in all honesty - sound like they can just barely ride a ? beat with a basic rhyme scheme jesus christ smh. ? your preachy song concept. How the hell Tech N9ne can flow on the same song with these guys without slitting his wrists in frustration is ? beyond me. They must be really cool to chill and smoke weed with or something.) 2/10

Overall: 37/100

Well that's 20 points better than 17/100. Truthfully, it -was- a better album than I expected...decent production. The ? simple flows must be part of their appeal - easy to follow along and catch what they're saying.

Now if you'll excuse me, I badly need to wash my ears with some Killer Mike and Gangsta Gibbs flows. Genocidecutter i will never understand how you can bump Sean Price and then switch to a Insane Clown Posse. ? 's like being a vegetarian that enjoys veal parmigiana.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    lol we really doing this? lmaoooo
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave @Swiffness! a GOAT just for reviewing it
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    @bck145 flagging all my post for trolling won't get me banned but will get you banned for abusing the reaction system
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bck145 flagging all my post for trolling won't get me banned but will get you banned for abusing the reaction system

That girl is a wack poster disregard her wack tendencies
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That girl is a wack poster disregard her wack tendencies

coming from you? hahaha
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP ROCKY: AT LONG LAST ?

SITTING THROUGH THIS ALBUM WAS A CHORE...
    I APPRECIATED SOME OF THE NICE PRODUCTION ON THIS (ESP. FROM DANGERMOUSE)...
    BUT THAT SLOW DOWN-SYNDROME SINGING ? IS COMPLETELY UNAPPEALING..
    HE RHYMES ABOUT THE SAME OLD ? & FAILS TO HOLD MY ATTENTION...
    YEAH I GET IT, YOU GET ASS, STAY HIGH & YOU A VOGUE-ASS ? ...
    BUT HE DOESN'T DO IT IN A WAY THAT KEEPS THE CONTENT FRESH...
    KEEPING IT 100, DUDE IS BUTT, A 3-6 KNOCKOFF & HIS MUSIC ISN'T GENUINE...

2/5 (BELOW AVERAGE)
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At long last is a dark album that reflects an artist that is lacking inspiration while dealing with a death of a close comrade.

I went into the album knowing it wouldn't be groundbreaking but I also knew it would be a refreshing break from the "trap house" ? that dominates the airwaves.

Though it lacks any standout gems, At Long Last offers a palatable sample of what hip hop used to be and considering the circumstances, it stands out as a reflection of artistic experimentation expected from ASAP Rocky

6/10
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overall, this album confirmed muy beliefs that ASAP posted on the block with a registered pistol and sold drugs as a hobby because he was already making legit money.. Im not subtracting from his niceness but when he pushes that bangbang rahrahrah ? it sounds like ? did the actions for the sake of the bars like some Florida rappers, u know Brisco and Ross got jammed up and said its "new material". Some tracks he takes a while to get in his bag but more was expected in a way. This would've been a top notch mixtape, it kinda has that dark aura like his first one but this as an album i feel like I've been reverse Wale'd. As a listener its a good album but as a fan I expected more depth. Musically and lyrically hes there but it just seems scattered as a whole piece. If he drops a third Ill cop cuz that should be when he really gets it right. Im ? with Canals heavy right now, i give this a 77/100.

Vince Staples next???????

Summertime '06 drops on the 30th
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of the negative reviews here mention that the album lacks substance, which I don't get it. If you listen to the lyrics, Asap actually does come with some real substance on this album. It's not Rakim/Nas deep, but he is getting into issues on here.

As for the lack of stuff about tragedy, it's important to note that much of this album was already written before Yams died and was set for release. It wouldn't have been very realistic to expect some deep soul searching verses about Yams on this album so soon after his death. You can't force something like that.
  • genocidecutter
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The Marvelous Missing Link:Found
    2. "Found-Dope song leading in to the album just how it should be.
    3. "Get Clowned-One of my personal favs. Listening to Violent J talk about doing a drive by on a pogo stick to dope. I swear Violent J is lyrical word smith
    4. "OK-meh didn't like this song to much
    5. "Lost at the Carnival-Best song on the album hands down. Dope chorus, Great flow, and that beat is killer
    6. "Mr. White Suit-A little different from ICP. See you can make songs for the ladies but not pussied garbage(looking at you Drake)
    7. "Pineapple Pizza-This song is about letting them hoes know who's boss. Wish it had a better name though.
    8. "Juggalo Party-Great song about chilling with your homies. Think of a 2015 version of homies
    9. "The Midway-its the midway
    10. "I ? a Cop-A song about having sex with cop. Highly original
    11. "The World Is Yours-Inspirational song. This song can lift you when your feeling down.
    12. "Dreams of Grandeur-Some what of an interlude. Great hook
    13. "I'm Sweet-Great song but this one kinda of runs a little too long in my opinion
    14. "Time-Nice way to end an album. Its about having faith and believing. This song can really lift you up

Overall I'd give this album 4/5. Not as good as Lost but still a great listen. Violent J should be mentioned among likes of Andre3000 and Prodigy in his prime.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3. "Get Clowned-One of my personal favs. Listening to Violent J talk about doing drive by on a pogo sticks to dope. I swear Violent J is lyrical word smith
    5. "Lost at the Carnival-Best song on the album hands down. Dope chorus, Great flow, and that beat is killer
    6. "Mr. White Suit-A little different from ICP. See you can make songs for the ladies but not pussied garbage(looking at you Drake)
    7. "Pineapple Pizza-This song is about letting them hoes know who's boss. Wish it had a better name though.
    8. "Juggalo Party-Great song about chilling with your homies. Think of a 2015 version of homies
    11. "The World Is Yours-Inspirational song. This song can lift you when your feeling down.
    13. "I'm Sweet-Great song but this one kinda of runs a little to long in my opion
    14. "Time-Nice way to end an album. Its about having faith and believing. This song can really lift you up

Overall I'd give this album 4/5. Not as good as Lost but still a great listen. Violent J should be mentioned among likes of Andre3000 and Prodigy in his prime.

Consider slicing your wrists in a tub sometime today.
  • genocidecutter
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I meant to review this earlier but I've been so busy
    RazALBUMcover.jpg
    Razakel-Death Become Her Death Becomes Me

1. Goosebumps (Intro)-Decent intro. I really like the shout out to R.L Stine 3/5
    2. Bull’s Eye-This is one of those songs that get you ready for what the albums gonna be about. Nothing more, nothing less. 3/5
    3. First Acquaintance -Normally Im not a fan of horrorcore over trap beats but Razakel's great flow and lyricism makes this worth while 4/5
    4. Softly So Sweetly-Excellent hit single. This songs really bangs in the whip. Seroulsy drive around listening to this you will feel like a total badass Im promise. 5/5
    5. Razzy Soska-I love the ? outta of this song. The beat is crazy and Razakel's flow is even crazier. 5/5
    6. I’m Gonna ? ft. Dr. Grimm, Mista Icepick & Crazy STeve-A standard posse cut. Not to big on anyone on this track but they all did a decent job none the less. 3/5
    7. Insides-The second single Razakel released. I've could have done without the dubstep ear ? at the end but this is a excellent song. "Tick tock goes the clock are you ready to die" 5/5
    8. You’re So Pretty- Meh pretty much the only I don't care much for. 2/5
    9. Break Away- This songs about cutting bad people loose. I really like it. 45
    10. Catfished-Fans of catfish will really love this song. Tells the perfect story. 5/5
    11. Dumpster Baby ft. Context of Natas Lived -Razakel channels her inner Brotha Lynch Hung for this song. I really like the metal influence in this song. 5/5
    12. Stranger Beside Me-This song is about struggle of a relationship. ? deep. 5/5
    13. Tattoo -Despite the song name this song has nothing to do with tattoos. Is about getting revenge 5/5
    14. Outro By Gem N Eye-Its an outro. Nothing much to say

Overall score 4.5/5

Final thoughts-If your a fan of female rappers with actually flow and lyricism that don't have to sell sex please pick this album up. Razakel carried this whole album all by herself unlike that other female rapper.

theskrstore.com/product/razakel-death-becomes-her-death-becomes-me-pre-order
  • genocidecutter
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Got another review
    12003039_962083460515989_674088284692333845_n_jp.jpg

Dj Paul's nephew and Lord Infamous's son are back at it again
    Seed of 6ix review
    Share Time Download
    1. 6ixtro-Its an intro. N/A
    2. F.O.G.-Now this how start of an album this song really gets you pumped. 4/5
    3. Carbon Copy-Solid track.. Nothing more, nothing less 3/5
    4. Dope Money-Awesome robbery track. Its like their version of Gimmi back my Dope. 4/5
    5. Passenger-I a ? love this song. Locodunit spases the ? out at the end 5/5
    6. Set Up Hoes-A song about setting up hoes. I like it. 3/5
    7. Street Lyfe-A song about the struggle of Street lyfe
    8. War-Higly adiccting song. Lil Infamous and Loco both came tru 4/5
    9. I.O.U-Flames 4/5
    10. Television (Skit)-Its a skit n/a
    11. Television-the completed version a song they relased on the preview mixtape. 4/5
    12. Dunigans (feat. Lord Infamous)-One of the last verses from Infamous and you can tell the drug use had really caught up to him at this point. Damn shame he's not around anymore. 5/5
    13. 380 Chrome-Solid as track but the mixtape version is still better. 5/5
    14. Mixtape-Great flow from lil infamous and a banging beat. 4/5
    15. B&B-Low quauilty. 2/5
    16. Proposition 215-Killer hook 4/5
    17. Shot Gun Smoke-Another song using an old school Three Six sample. I love when they do this cause they always ? it. 5/5
    18. Refill (feat. Trigg Bambino)-Love the game boy sample on this beat. Bambino came correct as well
    19. Watching Me (feat. So6ix & Hard Af)-Your standard posse track. 4/5
    20. Still Ah ? -Loved the sample of this song
    21. Smoke n Mirrors-Even this song was already on the mixtape its still amazing here. 5/5
    22. Thru da Hood-Nice and relaxing song. A song about chilling with the homies 3/5
    23. Caribbean Pine-Smoking song. 3/5
    24. Outro-Its an outro n/a
    25. Geekn Like Craig (Bonus)-Realy liked this song. Once again Loco murders it 4/5

Overall-9/10. This is a fantastic album I would put it on the same level as Da Mafia 6ix's 6 Commandentments(yeah its that good).

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3. "Get Clowned-One of my personal favs. Listening to Violent J talk about doing a drive by on a pogo stick to dope. I swear Violent J is lyrical word smith
    13. "I'm Sweet-Great song but this one kinda of runs a little too long in my opinion

The bold deserves an official @Sion laugh.
  • genocidecutter
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Since Ringmaster 21 year anniversary coming up soon I m gonna go ahead and review all the 6 joker card albums
  • genocidecutter
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Carnival of Carnage review
    756504100424_1.png
    1. Intro- Violent J reads the story of the Carnival of Carnage getting you ready fpr the album. not much to say about this as its the intro. 5/10
    2. Carnival of Carnage-This song just shows off Violent J's scratching skills. Can't really rate this song
    3. The Juggla-Great opening track. This is about the juggla the owner of the Carnival of Carnage. This is also the first song to ever use the word "juggalo" 6/10
    4. First Day Out-Great story telling track about getting out of jail and being fresh on the streets. Violent J shows off his story telling skills. Make sure you check out Twiztid's cover as well 8/10
    5. Red Neck Hoe-A funny track about ? a redneck bigot hoe. I love how the beat says "stupid ass bigot" every 5 seconds. 7/10
    6. Wizard of the Hood-The story of Wizard of Oz but, with a ghetto twist. Violent J would later take this same concpet for his solo album of the same name. BTW he'll be performing the album entirely at the gathering of the juggalos this year. 9/10
    7. Guts on the Ceiling - Try and guess what this song about? Very graphic and very dope as well 5/10
    8. Is That You? (featuring Kid Rock)-Great verses from J and Kid Rock. BTW it should be noted ICP never liked Kid Rock and only worked with him through Mike E Clark's suggestion. 6/10
    9. Night of the Axe-Violent J really goes in on this song. He really sounds crazy as ? in this song(and thats a good thing) 9/10
    10. Psychopathic-The song is a mass murderer on the lose. I wish the skit was at the end the song and not the middle. 7/10
    11. Blackin' Your Eyes-Every had a ? cheat on you and you wanted to get back at them? This song is for you. 6/10
    12. Never Had it Made -Violent J explains why he should be invited into heaven 5/10
    13. Your Rebel Flag-The best song on the album hands down. Every came correct. ? you racists and your rebel flag. 10/10
    14. Ghetto Freak Show-Yuck 3/10
    15. Taste (featuring Jumpsteady, Capitol E., Nate The Mack and Esham)-This song basically an extend studio session outake if you would call it. Nothing more nothing less. If you ask me Capitol E had the best cut. 5/10

6/10`
    Overall thoughts: This album was great but just didn't hit the same strides as the later joker cards. Also this basically a Violent J solo album as he does was majority of the rapping on this album. This album also sold only 17 copies when it was first released but, the success of their next album The Ringmaster would change that.
  • genocidecutter
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ringmaster
    Kw67A.jpg

1. Wax Museum-The intro n/a
    2. Murder Go-Round-One of my favorite intro tracks of all time killer corus and great verers from J. "Murder Go round, Murder Go Round how you gonna ? with a wicked clown. 10/10
    3. Chicken Huntin-The origanl version of thier more famous slaughterhouse mix. Its decent but the slaughterhouse is much better(even if the lyrics are excalty the same) bTw this songs about killing rednecks not actual chickens 6/10
    4. Mr. Johnson's Head-Every had a teacher that ? yoy off to the point you wanted to ? them? This song is for you. Violent J story telling is point and the beat is killer. 9/10 "I couldn't stand the pressure, not another day, I didn't like the ? Mr. Johnson anyway, I sat up in his class, he hung a rebel flag
    I cut the bigots head off and I stuffed it in my bag"
    5. Southwest Song-Meh track. Major rubbish compared to previous 4 tracks. Funny skit at the end the though 6/10
    6. Get Off Me, Dog-This was basiclaly an inturlude. 5/10
    7. Who Asked You - This song is a middle finger for all the nosey people in life. 7/10
    8. The Dead One-Love the dark slow beat on this track. 7/10
    9. My Fun House-Another creative beat. I really love the door sample on the beat and of course J killed it. 8/10
    10. For the Maggots-Meh another filler track. 4/10
    11. Wagon Wagon-A juggalo classic. Probaly the best song on the whole album "We don't do drive by's in the wagon instead we just get out and stab your ? ass" 10/10
    12. The Loons-Even though this song is called "The Loons" its about the neck cutter and the neck cutter goes around at night killing people. 9/10
    13. Love Song-Funny song 7/10
    14. Bugz on My Nutz-Funny ass about ? hoes and getting bugz on they nuts. Oh some real ? make sure you use protection these hoes ? now in days. 8/10
    15. House of Mirrors-Another juggalo classic. Everyone came through on this track. I always wondered what happened to Capital E? 10/10
    16. Ringmaster's Word-Its the outro n/a

Overrall- 8/10

This album was a great step above Carnival of Carnage in every way from flow, to beats, to lyrics, you name it. This album was the point of no return for ICP this is the album that got them buzzing in the Detriot underground rap scene. The success of this alum also lead to them to the rerelease Carnival of Carnage with 2 extra tracks(The album has since gone gold)