Worst Team Implosion You've Seen?

blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
Paul George coming back got me thinking about the Pacers and their ridiculous fall off last season from how they started to how they ended. What do you think is the biggest fall off from a team starting completely on fire to looking like they can't stand to even play with each other you've seen?

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2007 New York Mets. And it's not even close.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falcons 2013....

Went from 10 yards away from the Super Bowl to two str8 years of top 10 picks.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah thats just bad luck..
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not even close if were talking from one season to the next...

1997main.jpg

From 1997 Champs to Basement and again in 2003.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Redskins 2013.

RG3 was the jewel of the draft class and seemed to be neck n neck w/ Andrew Luck as far as potential. 20td, 5int. 3-6 start but won 7 in a row to finish 10-6

14-0 1st quarter lead at home vs a non-descript Seattle Seahawks team in the playoffs

Then...RG3 reinjures his knee

We lose the game, he's never been the same since, Andrew Luck is now headed to Untouchableville, Seahawks are a dynasty. RG3's place in the league is up in the air
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Redskins 2013.

RG3 was the jewel of the draft class and seemed to be neck n neck w/ Andrew Luck as far as potential. 20td, 5int. 3-6 start but won 7 in a row to finish 10-6

14-0 1st quarter lead at home vs a non-descript Seattle Seahawks team in the playoffs

Then...RG3 reinjures his knee

We lose the game, he's never been the same since, Andrew Luck is now headed to Untouchableville, Seahawks are a dynasty. RG3's place in the league is up in the air

I be damned if U ain't right mane. I screamed at the top of my lungs for Shanahan to take that boy out the game at halftime. It's been downhill ever since.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bengals in the post season the last four years. Smh damn shame a team that wins 10-12 games in the regular season get to the playoffs and look like a 5 win team. Even against favorable matchups.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn forgot the past season's packers

yeah thats the worst

Tell that to a Bears fan. I thought them ? were going to commit mass suicide when Green Bay lit them up for 42 by halftime in their game last year lmao.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the 2000 Blazers having the Lakers down 21 points going into the second half of game 7 in the Western Conference Finals after being down 3-1 in that series.

USC that year Vince Young looked like an all world player to bring Texas back to beat USC in the National Championship game.

2004 Lakers when the Detroit Pistons shocked the world and beat Shaq, Kobe, and a washed Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

Those Fab Five Michigan teams with Chris Webber, Juwon Howard, Jalen Rose, Jimmy King, and Ray Jackson those cats were arguably the greatest college basketball team ever assembled from top to bottom and lost to inferior teams in the tournament two years in a row. (My opinion)

2004 Yankees squad that had the Boston Red Sox down like 3 games and still lost thar series. I don't even follow MLB but those cats choked.

I'm sure they're more but those are the teams that immediately come to mind.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parallel wrote: »
    nashhowardSI.jpg
    I don't really count this. To me, an implosion would imply that a team would have to be good first, then totally cave. That Lakers season with Dwight, Nash, Pau, Kobe, and Ron-Ron went down in flames before November was even over.
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I believe the 2000 Blazers having the Lakers down 21 points going into the second half of game 7 in the Western Conference Finals after being down 3-1 in that series..
    Yeah. the Jail Blazers take the prize in this topic.
  • its....JOHN B
    A team losing in the finals is not an implosion
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these are far from implosions.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A team losing in the finals is not an implosion

Watch that finals back and tell me they didn't implode. People could implode in the post season too.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Yankees squad who had a 3-0 series lead and then lost the next 4 games to the Red Sox
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Detroit Tigers closers 3 years in a row. Smh.
  • its....JOHN B
    That Yankees squad who had a 3-0 series lead and then lost the next 4 games to the Red Sox

Now that's an implosion