Worst Team Implosion You've Seen?

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all gonna leave us alone we still havent gotten over 2004 breh
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    That Yankees squad who had a 3-0 series lead and then lost the next 4 games to the Red Sox

that ? snatched the soul out of the entire state
    ? had to laugh to keep from crying

ZBHAqYj.gif[\img]

And it was the Red Sox, that magnified it by a million.

Yep ? was goat as a sox fan, all my boys that's Yankees fans were tight as ? talking that how many world series titles yall got
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Yankees squad who had a 3-0 series lead and then lost the next 4 games to the Red Sox

ZBHAqYj.gif[\img]

And that Game 7 was in Old Yankees Stadium....ether on a billion that night.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    49ers this offseason was pretty bad
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Bengals in the post season the last four years. Smh damn shame a team that wins 10-12 games in the regular season get to the playoffs and look like a 5 win team. Even against favorable matchups.

A team that never wins in the playoffs, not winning in the playoffs isn't an implosion, haha.

But it's hard to pick a football team for this question. The regular season is too short to have enough time to look dominant, and show consistent shittiness afterwards. And the playoffs can just look like a bad day rather than an implosion. Also it's hard to call it an implosion between seasons because the rosters turn over so quickly.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Redskins 2013.

RG3 was the jewel of the draft class and seemed to be neck n neck w/ Andrew Luck as far as potential. 20td, 5int. 3-6 start but won 7 in a row to finish 10-6

14-0 1st quarter lead at home vs a non-descript Seattle Seahawks team in the playoffs

Then...RG3 reinjures his knee

We lose the game, he's never been the same since, Andrew Luck is now headed to Untouchableville, Seahawks are a dynasty. RG3's place in the league is up in the air
    moyo wrote: »
    Redskins 2013.

RG3 was the jewel of the draft class and seemed to be neck n neck w/ Andrew Luck as far as potential. 20td, 5int. 3-6 start but won 7 in a row to finish 10-6

14-0 1st quarter lead at home vs a non-descript Seattle Seahawks team in the playoffs

We lose the game, he's never been the same since, Andrew Luck is now headed to Untouchableville, Seahawks are a dynasty. RG3's place in the league is up in the air

I be damned if U ain't right mane. I screamed at the top of my lungs for Shanahan to take that boy out the game at halftime. It's been downhill ever since.

Y'all just had a good 2nd half of a season, haha. Your "implosion" followed a 5 win season, and a 3-6 start the following season? Redskins fans...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP203 wrote: »

ZBHAqYj.gif[\img]

Yep ? was goat as a sox fan, all my boys that's Yankees fans were tight as ? talking that how many world series titles yall got

Everybody was in the streets after that ? was crazy, maybe if the Cubs win it will be as wild but I doubt it, it was like a storyline that lead to that epic ending, starting from the bambino curse to Aaron Boone the year before then going down 3-0 only to come back...nothing will ever come close
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    we had this girl at our school who moved from Boston and she rubbed that ? in everyday until January

I just wish I knew a Boston ? when 18-1 occurred

I'm a diehard Yankee fan...when that collapse happened I was ? ....but when that 18-1 super bowl loss happened I was in college and my school had a lot of folks from the New Englad and Boston area. We made their lives hell the Monday after that loss
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redskins 2013.

moyo wrote: »
    Redskins 2013.

I be damned if U ain't right mane. I screamed at the top of my lungs for Shanahan to take that boy out the game at halftime. It's been downhill ever since.

Y'all just had a good 2nd half of a season, haha. Your "implosion" followed a 5 win season, and a 3-6 start the following season? Redskins fans...

Stall us the ? out man. Lol It is what it is, hopefully my squad can get back on track.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    98 Vikings

2009 Vikings

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »

ZBHAqYj.gif[\img]

And look at how the red Sox won each game/what happened in epic fashion in each win:

Game 4: Ortiz walk off hr
    Game 5: Ortiz walk off hit
    Game 6: ? sock
    Game 7: Johnny Damon grand slam in the 2nd inning and they scoring 6 runs in the first 2 innings

No one will forget what the Sox did and how they did it
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Randall Cunningham Eagles....

The 1991 Philadelphia Eagles season resulted in missing the postseason, despite having a 10–6 record and finishing with the top-ranked defense in the NFL. During Week 1, quarterback Randall Cunningham was lost for the season with a knee injury.

Statistics site Football Outsiders ranks the 1991 Eagles as the greatest defensive team in their ranking's history.[1] Says Football Outsiders, "The 1991 Eagles completely lap the field in terms of defensive DVOA. Only the 2002 Bucs had a better pass defense, and only the 2000 Ravens had a better run defense, and the Eagles were much more balanced than either of those teams.

"It's crazy to imagine how few points the Eagles might have given up if they were playing with a halfway-decent offense instead of losing Randall Cunningham to a torn ACL in the first game of the season..."

Randall never recovers his full speed, Jerome Brown dies in the off-season, Norman Braman gets rid of Reggie White....eventually Randall get benched for Rodney Peete....

? was worse than my parents breaking up lol

the past few years of the PHILLIES is up there tho.....JESUS CHRIST......
    Y'all gonna leave us alone we still havent gotten over 2004 breh

? , y'all won the World Series in '09, though. lol

? DAMMIT, COLE HAMELS
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator

me after that happened

"Um . . . I would be a little--like, like me, as a fan, like, I would watch the last 4 games and be like, 'wow . . . like . . . wow.' Y'know what I'm saying? Like, like, it just--it--it's uneasy. Y'know . . . like, I mean, me being--like, like . . .with the uh . . . it just--just--just . . . it's far, man, very ? ."
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Last season's Stanley Cup Playoffs when the San Jose Sharks took a 3-0 series lead on the Los Angeles Kings, only to lose the series 4-3, and the Kings wound up dominating the New York Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Oh, and both the Kings and Sharks missed the playoffs this season. lol
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lakers dream team that failed. When Malone and Payton were trying to latch on dearly for rings.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2003 Cubs after that Steve Bartman play
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2015 Cavaliers, first round L to the Celtics
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

ZBHAqYj.gif[\img]

Mister B. wrote: »

ZBHAqYj.gif[\img]

And they made a 30 for 30 about it to further the ether.

I still haven't watched that 30 for 30. Literally seen every other 30 for 30 ever made but that one. Can't do it...
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2015 Cavaliers, first round L to the Celtics

The "L" is for "laughter", because that's what we were doing to you ? in the series. lol
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How ya'll feel bout that eagles "dream team" from a few years back..coach fired, both QB's gone, both star WR gone, star RB gone
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Chip kelly making some weird ass choices that are either going to look genius in hindsight or as maniacal as they seem now.