Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in IllTek
Something Portable and or economical what do you recommend

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im into home and car audio. When I lived in an apartment I bought a yamaha receiver a polk sub and polk surround speakers for about 1200. Is cheaper now tho u can get all that with decent sound for less. Also hit ? shops up u will find hit for the low. Whats ur budget?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Im into home and car audio. When I lived in an apartment I bought a yamaha receiver a polk sub and polk surround speakers for about 1200. Is cheaper now tho u can get all that with decent sound for less. Also hit ? shops up u will find hit for the low. Whats ur budget?

I got the same setup. You can buy the speakers in parts if you can't get everything at once and they are always on sale at Newegg. I had a Onkyo 5.1 box (amp sold with speakers) that i purchased but everything went bad. I got a refurbished Yamaha Amp and bought the replacement speakers when they went on sale.

I got a pair of Polk OMW3 for side\rear surround for $99.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I got the same setup. You can buy the speakers in parts if you can't get everything at once and they are always on sale at Newegg. I had a Onkyo 5.1 box (amp sold with speakers) that i purchased but everything went bad. I got a refurbished Yamaha Amp and bought the replacement speakers when they went on sale.

Yup. I just found some Sony towers and center channel at a ? shop. I negotiated it all for 100. Now I got 7.1 setup with the Yamahas. I want some better ? but couldn't beat that deal.

155153.jpg

this was the set up before the upgrade. This would be great for your apartment homie

153275.jpg
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yup. I just found some Sony towers and center channel at a ? shop. I negotiated it all for 100. Now I got 7.1 setup with the Yamahas. I want some better ? but couldn't beat that deal.

155153.jpg

this was the set up before the upgrade. This would be great for your apartment homie

153275.jpg

One thing i gotta say though. Logitech Harmony remote.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check out the energy take classic or monoprice 5.1 system

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-5-1-surround-speaker-sets-1499066014

My first system I built through Craig's list and ? /thrift stores ive since upgraded.

Suggestion spend the money on the speakers rather than the receiver if you have a budget & get a Logitech harmony remote it'll be your best friend.
  • CJ
    Options

Word newegg is goat I got some crazy good deals on my new setup from them. Got those Andrew Jones Pioneer towers for a great deal.
  • CJ
    edited April 2015
    Options