Ferguson Clerk Fired for Racist Emails: Feels Like I Was ‘? ’.. SMDH...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
mediaite.com/tv/ferguson-clerk-fired-for-racist-emails-feels-like-i-was-? /
Former Ferguson City Court Clerk Mary Ann Twitty said Tuesday she was caught unawares when the city fired her for racist emails following a Department of Justice investigation into the city’s law enforcement practices, and believes she was made the scapegoat.

“It took me a while to get over the feeling of being ? and being thrown under the bus,” she told KMOV in her first interview since losing her job. “I feel like I was the sacrificial lamb.”

She added that if everyone who sent racist emails were fired they’d “have to shut the doors.” “It went on all the time.”

Twitty oversaw the collection of fines from court citations, which the DOJ said functioned in Ferguson as a racist collection agency that preyed on the town’s African-American community, though she maintains she had no role in setting the fines. She said there was no effort on the part of the city or the police department to target minorities or reach revenue quotas.

The DOJ investigation resulted in the firing or resignation of numerous employees, including the municipal judge, who was blamed by money for the exorbitant fines. New judge Roy Richter began his tenure last month by lowering the fines.

Twitty did say she understands how the emails look bad in retrospect, but insisted she meant nothing racist by it.

“It’s ruined my name, it’s devastated me,” Twitty said. “I’m not that person that they’re saying I am…It’s not like I personally sent them out or forwarded them to the police officers to hurt anyone or be racist. Because I’m not racist…I’m human. I meant nothing bad by it.”

243g9py.jpg

tumblr_inline_nehng7feQl1sx5o8u.gif

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She meant to say she fealt like she had been ? by a pack of ? .
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Crackers gonna ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    That ? comment is gonna bite her in the ass
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? her. She a ? guppy in that pond

I wanna see the real muthafuckas get fired. I want the famn cops heads to roll.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me a while to get over the feeling of being ? and being thrown under the bus,” she told KMOV in her first interview since losing her job. “I feel like I was the sacrificial lamb.”

......and immediately throws everybody else under the bus
    She added that if everyone who sent racist emails were fired they’d “have to shut the doors.” “It went on all the time.”

0 character.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She just looks annoying as hell, like a self-entitled-ass ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she basically saying everyone was racist...lol
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol for real I was reading that like hmmmmmm care to go on? perhaps name names?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It’s ruined my name, it’s devastated me,” Twitty said. “I’m not that person that they’re saying I am…It’s not like I personally sent them out or forwarded them to the police officers to hurt anyone or be racist. Because I’m not racist…I’m human. I meant nothing bad by it.”

It's hilarious that White people SHUTTER at the idea of being labeled a racist. I remember in the 8th grade in Spanish class...some kinda way we had deviated from the lesson and started having this discussion about race and society. Our teacher was this cool ass younger white lady.

She said that the "n-word" is the worst thing to call a Black person but the worst thing you can call a white person is a "racist". And it's sooo true.

That always stuck with me..like why are y'all not ashamed of BEING racist...saying racist things..acting racist. But are more ashamed of OWNING racism. I had dropped the video in the social lounge a little while back about the Black woman confronting a full-hooded klansmen who denied vehemently (while wearing his robes and hood) that he was a racist. The ? is crazy and quite fascinating. Colleges offer African American studies..man ? that I want them to offer White People studies courses. That's who needs to be studied.

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »

It's hilarious that White people SHUTTER at the idea of being labeled a racist. I remember in the 8th grade in Spanish class...some kinda way we had deviated from the lesson and started having this discussion about race and society. Our teacher was this cool ass younger white lady.

She said that the "n-word" is the worst thing to call a Black person but the worst thing you can call a white person is a "racist". And it's sooo true.

That always stuck with me..like why are y'all not ashamed of BEING racist...saying racist things..acting racist. But are more ashamed of OWNING racism. I had dropped the video in the social lounge a little while back about the Black woman confronting a full-hooded klansmen who denied vehemently (while wearing his robes and hood) that he was a racist. The ? is crazy and quite fascinating. Colleges offer African American studies..man ? that I want them to offer White People studies courses. That's who needs to be studied.

Lol then they try to prove that they're not racist, all while making it worse in the process lol.

"I'm not racist, I've had 5 black people at my house! And they were nice black people!"
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Except herself, of course.

• Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »

American, European Studies.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mediaite.com/tv/ferguson-clerk-fired-for-racist-emails-feels-like-i-was-? /
    Former Ferguson City Court Clerk Mary Ann Twitty said Tuesday she was caught unawares when the city fired her for racist emails following a Department of Justice investigation into the city’s law enforcement practices, and believes she was made the scapegoat.

“It took me a while to get over the feeling of being ? and being thrown under the bus,” she told KMOV in her first interview since losing her job. “I feel like I was the sacrificial lamb.”

Twitty oversaw the collection of fines from court citations, which the DOJ said functioned in Ferguson as a racist collection agency that preyed on the town’s African-American community, though she maintains she had no role in setting the fines. She said there was no effort on the part of the city or the police department to target minorities or reach revenue quotas.
    The DOJ investigation resulted in the firing or resignation of numerous employees, including the municipal judge, who was blamed by money for the exorbitant fines. New judge Roy Richter began his tenure last month by lowering the fines.

Twitty did say she understands how the emails look bad in retrospect, but insisted she meant nothing racist by it.

243g9py.jpg

tumblr_inline_nehng7feQl1sx5o8u.gif

tumblr_lvcsdtS8Xn1qgoygu.gif

? is a bold face lie every ? city does the bold especially the underlined. Why even lie about departments wanting to reach quotas for tickets when everybody already knows that is what they do?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She got clapped