***Great Deal**** New version of Best Buys Gamers Club

2»

Comments

• dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    willhustle wrote: »
    I won't be doing this again. When I went in-store to have it activated they didn't do it correctly and when I call about it last week they said it 7-10 days. Today I get e-mail from them saying I have to come back to the store to have it activated again. Makes no damn sense at all.

Almost had the same problem when I went up there yesterday to extend my membership. Had to point the barcode under the yellow tag. Rep kept scanning the first two and it'd show up as used. And it still had a problem getting my discount/bonus to show up when I traded something in. Need to work on their instore system. Works fine one day, not at all the next.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be doing this again. When I went in-store to have it activated they didn't do it correctly and when I call about it last week they said it 7-10 days. Today I get e-mail from them saying I have to come back to the store to have it activated again. Makes no damn sense at all.

Almost had the same problem when I went up there yesterday to extend my membership. Had to point the barcode under the yellow tag. Rep kept scanning the first two and it'd show up as used. And it still had a problem getting my discount/bonus to show up when I traded something in. Need to work on their instore system. Works fine one day, not at all the next.

Exactly why I won't be doing that again. I got another email from them saying they will just activate it themselves instead of having me go in-store & give it 48 hrs. I might just get my money refunded back to me. Best Buy has a ? way of doing this promotion & there app sucks on top of it.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Lol you guys have bad luck
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you guys have bad luck

Agree. I finally got it activated this morning but I just called to see if they had RE Revelations 2 in stock at the store closest to me so I could just order online and do in-store pick up for the next day. Sure enough they don't have any in-stock (my luck lol) and I'm not going way out my area to pick it up so either I'll wait for a price drop online or ? it.
  • dogfromduckhunt

Exactly why I won't be doing that again. I got another email from them saying they will just activate it themselves instead of having me go in-store & give it 48 hrs. I might just get my money refunded back to me. Best Buy has a ? way of doing this promotion & there app sucks on top of it.

It's a hassle, but I don't think it's that bad. Something would really have to go wrong for me to pass on a 20% discount.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally copped, getting $12 off new games for 2 years is one the best investment I could make.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traded in MKX and got this. Yeah, it's a good investment. Was there some kind of introductory offer you were supposed to get though? I never got the email. I know it went through though because when I went in to preorder SFV and Black Ops 3, it popped up that I had a game membership.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    Traded in MKX and got this. Yeah, it's a good investment. Was there some kind of introductory offer you were supposed to get though? I never got the email. I know it went through though because when I went in to preorder SFV and Black Ops 3, it popped up that I had a game membership.

Yeah. Supposed to get a B2G1 preowned game coupon and one for 50% off a strategy guide. Might have to get in touch with their reps on their messageboard.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/bd-p/gamersclub
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using that ? membership that we stole off cag
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZydecoShawty u going to let a ? use that code right?