I Ain't See It Before but you know what...I think @zombie was Right

Options
Stiff
Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in The Social Lounge
If you keep up with TV at all(which I don't but my mom likes to talk about her shows so I listen)...

There is a clear agenda that's being pushed on Black people that's coming from 2 angles:

The obvious one is the ? agenda. Hollywood wants Blacks and Blacks in particular to be more accepting of homosexuality so they're putting more ? Black characters and storylines into shows that Black people watch. My mom watches all of Shonda Rhime's shows that come on ABC...Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, and Grey's Anatomy. She said that every single one has something ? that pops into the storyline every so often.

She also watches Power (Edit: I meant Empire)..who's show creator Lee Daniels explicitly said he's trying to "blow the lid off of homosexuality in the Black community". His show also has a ? storyline.

And lastly she tells me about this show that comes on BET, Being Mary Jane which stars Gabrielle Union. On either the episode last week or the week before that there was a ? storyline that came up and she said explicit ? sex scenes were shown (pause).

It's obviously something that's being pushed. That's not where I had disagreed with @zombie tho.

We had got into it a while back about the idea of race mixing. He had said that race mixing is detrimental because it dilutes the race and will unfocus us by ruining our identity as Black people. I thought it was outlandish at the time. But now all of a sudden on TV commercials all they're showing is mixed couples with mix babies. Movies about interracial couples..all that ? . It's more subtle than the ? push but it's definitely there in the undercurrent of it. And then I thought to myself...why?? Why are all these movies and commercials coming out with black and white couples? Why is it being depicted so much? Interracial dating between Blacks and whites remains pretty low. But it makes sense though...if more Blacks start to procreate with Whites, then over time Blackness gets diluted, lines get blurred, identity is changed, heritage/culture is lost.

It's not like there's no precedent for that in this country. The same campaign was launched to assimilate the so-called "12 Civilized Tribes" of Native Americans. They didn't want the threat of Native Americans lurking so instead of outright and total genocide and internment (which they still did in some cases and which they continue to do with Black people through the police and criminal justice system) they decided to blend them in as much as they could until they didn't give a ? about being Native American and adopted white culture.

Same thing here. Both of the agendas (? and racial mixing) ultimately have the same outcome; less procreation among Blacks and ultimately less Black babies. Most first generation people of mixed race tend to identify as Black in my experience (I don't have any actual numbers to support that)...however if a mixed person gets with a white person, what will their baby identify as now that they're 3 quarters white? Over time, less and less Blackness. Less and less perceived threat. Also if more Black men are feminized then they're not going to be up for shaking ? up like that..fighting and all that. Portray more and more Black men as effeminate and eventually everybody is going to start to believe it..even Black men and Black women. We all know media is powerful like that.

Just some thoughts that were in my head..felt like this would be a place to organize 'em and let them out.

Comments

• PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Race mixing has been a powerful weapon that whites used since the days in Egypt. White Asians(Hebrew Cannanites,Turks,Persians,Arabs) would race mix with black women. The reason was to have their mullatto child identify with their father more. Then they had black welathy men marry whites to inflitrate their communities. Today race mixing with blacks and whites are pretty low so I do not think it will grow into a major problem. Black people in general will always marry each other for years to come.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats ? about Power? nh

the ? agenda is real i've been peeped it.
  • Stiff
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Race mixing has been a powerful weapon that whites used since the days in Egypt. White Asians(Hebrew Cannanites,Turks,Persians,Arabs) would race mix with black women. The reason was to have their mullatto child identify with their father more. Then they had black welathy men marry whites to inflitrate their communities. Today race mixing with blacks and whites are pretty low so I do not think it will grow into a major problem. Black people in general will always marry each other for years to come.

It's low now but they're pushing it hard bro..who's to know what kinda effect that has on this generation and the next
  • Stiff
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    whats ? about Power? nh

my fault not power I meant empire...i get those mixed up. the one with taraji p henson
  • Hugo Stiglitz
    Hugo Stiglitz Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Options
    These down low ? got the game ? up out here for us real ? . ? agenda = Making it more acceptable to be ? in the black community. Honestly, I'd rather see a dude live his freely as a homosexual, than to run around laying up with women trying to make it seem like he's not ? . Leaves more women for me.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollywood is!run by a ? mafia. My boss at my job told me that the world is run by homosexuals and I think he was talking about those in power.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »

I agree. The media and Hollywood definitely seem to like race mixing in ads and some of the movies being out there but most Blacks end up getting with other Blacks. When Black people marry, 90 plus percent of the time, it's with another Black person, so I'm not too worried. I've always said if I ever get married, it will be with another Black woman.

• kingblaze84
    edited April 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    whats ? about Power? nh

After watching Empire, I finally believe it. I always thought people exaggerated the ? agenda but it's very real. I'm not homophobic or nothing but it doesn't mean I'm not gonna see an agenda when I see one....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    well, if your ultimate goal is to get rid of all the stupid racist ? out there, i don't see what the problem with race-mixing is.

but that being said, i think as far as TV commercials, it's a way to show not a white family or a black family or whatever, but a family that you can't get slammed for using to sell your product. as in, i think it's more cynical than a scheme. of course, i typically don't believe in that level of scheming.

also, i don't think Lee Daniels needs to be involved with anything larger than himself to feel compelled to push on issues related to homosexuality.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Zombie has been saying in regards to this topic is completely true. The problem is, a lot of us try to find some rationality behind why they would want to do this, so when someone presents a theory that's aggressive like Zombie's, we're quick to the wave it off or label it outlandish.

Certain posters will continue to try to awaken the ones in denial, but others in the know have an understanding that you're simply going to have to see it for yourself. So when you finally see it for what it is, we'll simply welcome you to the team.

It's similar to this new media wave with ? cops. We already knew this ? was going on, y'all just now peeping game.

P.S. Garvey had all the answers.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only will race mixing eventually limit the number of black people it will create another group we will have to battle for resources with. As for the white man being a natural ? at this point do I really need to elaborate of that theory again????
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why did zombie get banned
  • kingblaze84
    Options

He probably called another Black poster "? " again
  • Stiff
    Options

nah he got phised so it locked his account for the suspicious ip activity
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

nah he got phised so it locked his account for the suspicious ip activity

Ohh damn that's ? up
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your thought process is ? what the ? else you want me to call you???
  • cannonspike1994
    Options

what ?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

I see you're back lol.....calling that dude ? was wrong, just cuz he's a ? ?? No need to sound like a freak from Kentucky to make a point
  • kingblaze84
    Options

what ?

Long story, he called another poster that several times in a GNS thread some time ago
  • cannonspike1994
    Options

what ?

Long story, he called another poster that several times in a GNS thread some time ago

self hating ? .
  • kingblaze84
    Options

what ?

self hating ? .

Wouldn't be the first time someone called Zombie that lol
  • zzombie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

I see you're back lol.....calling that dude ? was wrong, just cuz he's a ? ?? No need to sound like a freak from Kentucky to make a point

No ? is the right thing to call him pimps ain't ? . You defending him??? If less black men acted like ? we wouldn't be in this mess
  • zzombie
    Options

what ?

self hating ? .

You are just another confused little boy
  • Stiff
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, if your ultimate goal is to get rid of all the stupid racist ? out there, i don't see what the problem with race-mixing is.

Basically a loss of self-identity over generations
    but that being said, i think as far as TV commercials, it's a way to show not a white family or a black family or whatever, but a family that you can't get slammed for using to sell your product. as in, i think it's more cynical than a scheme. of course, i typically don't believe in that level of scheming.

I'm constantly looking for that level of scheming

oswaldbates.jpg
    also, i don't think Lee Daniels needs to be involved with anything larger than himself to feel compelled to push on issues related to homosexuality.

Of course Lee Daniels is going to be willing to do it...but it makes you think...why does Lee Daniels get the platform and not some other producer? Is it because of that willingness? Same with Shonda Rhimes. She's clearly an ally of the ? movement...is it a coincidence that she also has thursday night primetime on a major network pretty much dominated with her shows?