Options
2»

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Easily NFL

I like the NFL because its one and done. If you have a bad game then you lose and have to make it up next year. No ifs, ands or buts.

NBA is WOAT because the 1st round is 7 games. Who wants to watch a 7 game series between the #1 team and the #8 team? Even the #4 vs #5 team is boring. I know the NBA makes a lot of money in the playoffs by extending the playoffs, but it would be better if they did it like this;

1st round - 1 game
    2nd round - 3 games
    3rd round - 5 games
    Finals - 7 games

Granted, they wouldn't make as much money, but it would be more exciting. A team could upset the #1 team in the 1st round and that would change everything.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Don't watch hockey, but I heard NHL playoffs are dope.

I grew up with basketball, so the NBA Playoffs will always be the best for me.

Nhl playoffs been ? this year. Been watching it more than NBA
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    def NFL

win and move on!!
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    The problem with the NBA, MLB and NHL is its a best of 7 series so unless it's a game 7 it's not a winner take all like the NFL. There's so many iconic plays in NFL playoff history cause there's so many ways to win/lose a football game.

There's only so many ways you can put a ball in a basket or a goal in a net.

Hail Mary
    The Catch
    The Catch II
    The Fumble
    The Drive
    The Immaculate Reception
    Manning to Tyree
    Russel Wilson's pick

And so on...
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCAA Basketball
    NFL???? What's so great about the NFL playoffs?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    World Cup>>>>>>
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    World Cup>>>>>>

You can't compare the World Cup to the games being played in the states. The World Cup is global. Aside from baseball and basketball nobody outside the states gives a ? about the other sports mentioned.

With the ncaa tournament and nfl playoffs you could have drama but the best teams still usually win.

Baseball and hockey are the two most unpredictable playoffs. Anything can happen in those to sports.

You might get more compelling games in the nfl and NCAA.

But for sheer unpredictably I'll go with the Mlb and hockey.

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB

Hail Mary
    The Catch
    The Catch II
    The Fumble
    The Drive
    The Immaculate Reception
    Manning to Tyree
    Russel Wilson's pick

And so on...

Kurt Gibson HR
    Bill Buckner
    Bartman
    Red Sox comeback vs Yankees
    Reggie Jackson Becomes Mr. October
    Jeter Becomes Mr. November
    Joe Carter HR
    Carlton Fisk HR
    Royals playoff run in '14

And so on...
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    NFL
    I'm going with the NFL. I get World Cup too though...it's once every 4 years. I've heard NHL is intense, and they have legit parity from what I understand, even with their series (instead of single elimination) format...much respect for that.

NBA and March Madness are terrible though IMO. Right now people are watchin the EC games for a month and a half to see Cavs finally get to the finals, and watching the same non-competitive series (in some cases) go on for over a week. ? all that.

And March Madness SUCKS. Even upsets are bad because they just lead to a boring ass game in the next round. Mid Tenn pulled a first round upset then scored 50 and lost by 25 next round...boring. And most importantly the tournament is too big with too many ? players and teams. Buncha sorry ass performances.

WTF is this?

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is how you erase a 12-point deficit in 35 seconds. <a href="https://t.co/l3eJ83wDDB">https://t.co/l3eJ83wDDB</a&gt; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarchMadness?src=hash">#MarchMadness</a></p>&mdash; NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) <a href=" 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Football the only sport I watch a full season off so my opinion bias, bc I know all of the storylines heading into the playoffs..like who beat who during the seasonn who got beef w what player n coach drama n division stuff.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    NHL
    NHL and I don't even like hockey like that.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    Fifa world cup

Change my vote forgot all about this
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NHL
    I don't watch the sport at all but I wish the nba used their format.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    Fifa world cup

Cosign

countries battling so see which one is the best in the world

Fifa world cup by a mile

This one should get honorable mention
    UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,

i46dwe79tmb2.jpg

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NHL
    Now i have my bias with the NHL playoffs being a huge hockey fan but i get if ? watch the NBA or NFL a little more. But is ? serious with the MLB playoffs. Them ? suck mostly because of a few things:

1. Too late: Up here in the northeast it is cold as ? and we already been through 162 games. Who the ? want's to go to a baseball game up north in 32 degree weather?

2. There is no appeal when your team gets out: If the Yankees are eliminated for me or I can't root against the Red Sox there is no point in watching them boring ass games. When my team gets cut in the NFL or NHL and even NBA i still keep watching and find appeal in watching.

3. The Playoffs are right in the middle of football season: Again if my team is eliminated i would rather be watching football and most of the nation agrees with me now in 2016. MLB playoffs ratings been dipping for the last 5 years plus because ? would rather watch football.

Baseball playoffs would mean more if they cut the season down to 82 games and had the playoffs in August when it's just NFL trainning camp. They will never do that due to money. But the season even as a big fan is too damn long and by the time the playoffs come I am in football mode if my team is cut.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Now i have my bias with the NHL playoffs being a huge hockey fan but i get if ? watch the NBA or NFL a little more. But is ? serious with the MLB playoffs. Them ? suck mostly because of a few things:

1. Too late: Up here in the northeast it is cold as ? and we already been through 162 games. Who the ? want's to go to a baseball game up north in 32 degree weather?

2. There is no appeal when your team gets out: If the Yankees are eliminated for me or I can't root against the Red Sox there is no point in watching them boring ass games. When my team gets cut in the NFL or NHL and even NBA i still keep watching and find appeal in watching.

3. The Playoffs are right in the middle of football season: Again if my team is eliminated i would rather be watching football and most of the nation agrees with me now in 2016. MLB playoffs ratings been dipping for the last 5 years plus because ? would rather watch football.

Baseball playoffs would mean more if they cut the season down to 82 games and had the playoffs in August when it's just NFL trainning camp. They will never do that due to money. But the season even as a big fan is too damn long and by the time the playoffs come I am in football mode if my team is cut.

Cosign. MLB season is too lang.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    NFL
    World Cup>>>>>>

You can't compare the World Cup to the games being played in the states. The World Cup is global. Aside from baseball and basketball nobody outside the states gives a ? about the other sports mentioned.

WRONG! Where are you getting your info?