Russell Westbrook's Season Deserves its Own Thread

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
5511574c-3970-4245-82ea-a4d979fb17d0.jpg

28.1ppg, 8.6apg, 7.3rpg, 2.1spg, 42.6fg%

February: 31ppg, 10apg, 9rpg
March:31ppg, 10apg, 8.5rpg

-A very respectable 22-18 without Durant in the West.

-Triple-double machine in February
Russell Westbrook’s three straight triple-doubles to close the month make him the first player to do that since LeBron James in March 2009. In fact, he’s only the fourth player in the past 20 years to record three straight triple-doubles, joining James, Jason Kidd and Grant Hill.
-Westbrook finished the month with four triple-doubles, more than any other player has this season.

-Big nights without Durant
Kevin Durant missed seven games in February and Westbrook elevated his game to cover KD’s absence. He averaged a triple-double when Durant was out in February, averaging 31.2 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 11.3 APG in the seven games he missed.

-Westbrook has at least 20 points and 10 assists in six straight games. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only other active player who has put together a streak like that is Chris Paul, who had a seven-game streak in 2008-09 for New Orleans.

-On January 16, 2015, Westbrook recorded his ninth career triple-double with 17 points, 15 rebounds, and a career-high 17 assists in a 127–115 win over the Golden State Warriors,[25] becoming just the fifth person in NBA history to record a stat line of 15–15–15 in a game

-After being injured the previous year, Westbrook returned to the All-Star game in 2015. He tallied 41 points, and was named the All-Star MVP. He scored 27 points in 11 minutes in the first half, setting an All-Star record for points in a half, and finished one point shy of the All-Star game record set by Wilt Chamberlain (42) in 1962

-He subsequently became the first player since Michael Jordan in 1989 to have four consecutive triple-doubles, and the first since Jordan that year to have back-to-back triple-doubles with at least 40 points. It was also the most points by any player with a triple-double since Larry Bird also scored 49 in 1992

-10 Triple Double son the season

-Scoring Title.

D53pAmG.gif

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    22-18 without KD while having basically a whole new roster and missing Ibaka down the stretch.

Russ balled.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But no playoffs, you probably one of those dudes that got on Kevin Love for having numbers and not making the postseason
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    But no playoffs, you probably one of those dudes that got on Kevin Love for having numbers and not making the postseason

Nope. And Idgaf about 'no playoffs' considering the circumstances.

All the west teams got big 2's and 3's while his next best player was Enas Kanter. Appreciate a historic season or keep it movin.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    28.1ppg, 8.6apg, 7.3rpg, 2.1spg is impressive

n he is top 10 player...but part of me thinks teams game plan to let him shoot 30 times(doesn't work In the playoffs) plus would u pass it to waiters?? me neither

February = 28 days minus all star break which was like 9 days off

So basically. He was balling for 17\18 days
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude had a historic year....and it Sucks that's he's probably gonna end up on the all nba 2nd team smh
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kudos for being King of the losers

Now back to the NBA thread to discuss players who matter now
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He had a mvp season but due to the circumstances he won't get his due
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

those circumstances being, he not a ? mvp, shut the ? up.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    russ BEEN a great player. i hate yall got caught up in the rapture and let him slide on his ? tho, and disrespect durant when he did more with less last year. when he efficient(rarely) and getting assists out the ass its all good and nothing is said, but somehow he has no team to work with when he takes 45 shots, they gon have the same cast plus durant and ibaka and yall gon call that squad deep, wishy washy.
  • Olorun22
    Options

those circumstances being, he not a ? mvp, shut the ? up.

? if you don't stop ? following me around you ? ? ... I didn't call him the mvp. I said he had a mvp season you non reading muthafucka
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    how u have a mvp season for a team that aint make the playoffs, ? aight then nikola vucevic had a mvp season too then.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Playoffs.... That's all that matters. Not even an eighth seed. Nah B.... ? could a averaged 40....
    Russel Westbrook said it himself . ? a scoring title.
  • R.D.
    Options
    If your play don't result in team success, you ain't a ? MVP of the league

There's no difference between what he did this year and Kevin Love been doing in Minnesota

Be consistent my ?
  • Max.
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    28.1ppg, 8.6apg, 7.3rpg, 2.1spg is impressive

n he is top 10 player...but part of me thinks teams game plan to let him shoot 30 times(doesn't work In the playoffs) plus would u pass it to waiters?? me neither

February = 28 days minus all star break which was like 9 days off

So basically. He was balling for 17\18 days

Bruh... Really tho?

Am I lying tho? How many games they play in Feb?
  • Max.
    Options
    Russ = PG x okc no plays ran ever = shooting 28 times a game
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    russ BEEN a great player. i hate yall got caught up in the rapture and let him slide on his ? tho, and disrespect durant when he did more with less last year. when he efficient(rarely) and getting assists out the ass its all good and nothing is said, but somehow he has no team to work with when he takes 45 shots, they gon have the same cast plus durant and ibaka and yall gon call that squad deep, wishy washy.

OKC is not deep if they were they would have made the playoffs and Durant didn't do more with less considering that team had defined roles and chemistry
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Russ not being a top 10 player that boy is slow.
  • Olorun22
    Options

You going to hit em with the top ten players again?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

OKC is not deep if they were they would have made the playoffs and Durant didn't do more with less considering that team had defined roles and chemistry

the only point u have is with chemistry and its barely valid, notice westbrook went on his run and okc started threatening for the playoffs AFTER the trade so u might as well ? that, kd had reggie jackson, thabo, perkins, ibaka, derek fisher, and perry jones, if u think thats more than enes kanter, ibaka(for the most part) augustin, waiters(trash but better than thabo by a mile) lamb, jones, and stephen adams then i wanna try the drugs u on. the rapture is over bruh westbrook not > durant wrap that up. and i find it funny that youll criticize lebron, but he went on runs just like westbrook with way more efficiency while actually winning
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not goin to argue with you if u think having dion is better than thabo cuz if dion not makin shots he brings nothing to the game and yall need to get out this fantasy world lamb and jones don't even play so why bring them up, kanter is the only ? that even filled a need when they picked him up and this his first time playin meaningful ball he jus happy to be there lol you thinkin bout the name as opposed to their game and how they fit in brooks wack schemes with little practice time
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You going to hit em with the top ten players again?

Apparently it's needed with some of the dumb ? I've been reading lately.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Dion is clearly better than Thabo at this point and Kanter provides a low post presence they needed badly...Morrow is and has been the sharp shooter they been needing

Lmaooo it's not even close, KD did more with less, was more efficient, and was the 2 seed