your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
Premieres Saturday, May 16th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiBWQu_Bu10

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope they skip his childhood and just pickup from GTown, bc 30 for 30 covered every possible angle to his childhood and,covered it perfectly
  • S2J
    Options
    And i also hope they cut him a check for that
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? still rocking du rags
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Practice.

what practice?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im sure itll be good.
    That Kobe doc was good as ?

Showtime might be on to something.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im sure itll be good.
    That Kobe doc was good as ?

Showtime might be on to something.

Kobe ? sucked imo
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    already saw it at ATL's film festival. It was pretty good. I don't want to spoil it, but it definitely shows how much that one fight in that racist town and prison effected his entire career. With that said, I don't know if they'll edit what we saw for Showtime.
    And yeah, Kobe's documentary sucked. He should've let the producers do the original one they filmed and stayed out the editing room
    http://articles.dailypress.com/1993-09-09/news/9309090205_1_iverson-and-three-allen-iverson-overton

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hampton is far from a racist town. But racist cacs live everywhere
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »

i went to school at hampton have you ever been there the entire 757 area code is racist
  • S2J
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

i went to school at hampton have you ever been there the entire 757 area code is racist

Nah man. Compared to the REAL south, 757 aint no damn racist area.

I went to VCU with nothin but 757 cats, all the VA Beach nggas came from middle class, thats one of,a handful of,areas in the US with nothin but black folk makin money

norfolk is norfolk,run by nggas

Newport news is mostly nggas and again, high concentration of military families

Nah 757 is normal af
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's two cities in the whole area
  • S2J
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    That's two cities in the whole area

ACTUALLY i named 3, and c/signed the other,dude's point about the 4th. its the 7 cities, and no one cares about Poquoson or tourist town Williamsburg

Population wise, Hampton, newport news, va beach, and norfolk IS basically the entire area. Loan denied
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Born and raised. Phoebus High representer.
    It's the least racist place ive lived.
    Live in North Florida, Texas and Ohio first- then you'll know a scale of racism.
    Because of HU/Norfolk State, VU, etc--- although they hate it, people from there are used
    to being around blacks with sense/money/education, not just all negative stereotypes, so,
    the racism is still measured a little more rather than full out blatant.

That Iverson ? was such as story, because overt ? like that is more rare there.
    Iverson wouldn't even have made the paper in Jacksonville.

That shooting of Jordan Davis wasn't a big local story there, nationwide press had to blow that up.
  • S2J
    Options

Born and raised. Phoebus High representer.
    It's the least racist place ive lived.
    Live in North Florida, Texas and Ohio first- then you'll know a scale of racism.
    Because of HU/Norfolk State, VU, etc--- although they hate it, people from there are used
    to being around blacks with sense/money/education, not just all negative stereotypes, so,
    the racism is still measured a little more rather than full out blatant.

That Iverson ? was such as story, because overt ? like that is more rare there.
    Iverson wouldn't even have made the paper in Jacksonville.

That shooting of Jordan Davis wasn't a big local story there, nationwide press had to blow that up.

Exactly. Hilarious you mention those cities, bc i work in DC where white people come from all over to chase money, and the girl i worked with from Jacksonville i could tell never encountered black people with sense. Same with another white lady from Ohio

Also my homie FROM va beach grew yp wi5h white and philioino friends, melting ? , etc, moved to west palm beach florida and now that he gets 'the hell is this ? doin in a suit' stares

So yea idk what dude is talkin about. And how you go to an HBCU and say the city is racist.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live in Newport News. VA. A.I. was the first to put us on the map.
  • S2J
    Options
    I live in Newport News. VA. A.I. was the first to put us on the map.

True. Im from northen VA and i never heard of Newport News until AI. Even now most people up here just refer to newport news as Hampton, knowingly and unknowingly
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

All that ? about him being broke is false, apparently one of the flunkies in his crew was actually smart and set up a trust fund for AI from all the money he made from Reebok...to the tune of $32 million.
  • S2J
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

All that ? about him being broke is false, apparently one of the flunkies in his crew was actually smart and set up a trust fund for AI from all the money he made from Reebok...to the tune of $32 million.

That dont make it false homie lmao

He cant touch that money til he 50 or so. So from age 35 to 50...he very well could be broke
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He cant touch that money til he 50 or so. So from age 35 to 50...he very well could be broke

Granted it's been a couple years since I read the article but I thought it said he still got $8,000 per month until he could touch the $32 million.
  • S2J
    Options

Granted it's been a couple years since I read the article but I thought it said he still got $8,000 per month until he could touch the $32 million.

Oh ok, now that would be a good look

Funny tho, as crazy as it sounds 100k/yr he still probly livin check to check unless he completely out his debt. Not to be all in his pockets...
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trailer was meh....but I was always a fan of A.I., so I'll check out the documentary.