Bebop And Rocksteady Are Coming To Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
bebop-rocksteady.jpg?itok=m1YgImWX

The live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel is bringing more fan favorites to the franchise.

As first announced at Paramount Pictures’ CinemaCon panel (via The Hollywood Reporter), the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 will feature Bebop and Rocksteady. These two characters first appeared in the 1987 TMNT cartoon and have also made appearances in the latest cartoon revival of the heroes in a half shell.

Bebop and Rocksteady work alongside Shredder and the Foot Clan, and – as visible in the image above – are a mutated warthog and rhino, respectively. They were also responsible for one of the most shocking moments in the currently running Turtles comics.

Little else is known about the sequel, which is currently scheduled for release in 2016. The original 2014 film took in more than $480 million worldwide at the box office.

A representative for Paramount did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol hilarious.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully they not comedy reliefs
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMMFH yup I'm not watching this ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    Hopefully they not comedy reliefs

Uh there's nothing wrong with keeping comic relief characters as well...comic relief characters.

Frankly you can't have something with a title as absurd as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and not include comedy elements.

The current comic book series by IDW shows that the characters could work as "bad ? " that cater to the more bloodthirsty "everything must be grim and gritty" modern day mass media audience while still keeping their comic relief factor completely intact.

39-4.png

3401692-w5+tmnt_micro_bnr-pr-e1383058672563-610x459.jpg

3554464-5476036026-IMG_1.png

3401695-w8+tmnt_micro_bnr-pr.jpg

Considering what this movie is a sequel to though I don't have real faith that whatever they do with Bebop & Rocksteady will be worth watching cause quite frankly I don't think the movie itself will be worth watching.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    But the Turtles in the comics started "grim in gritty". That wouldn't be a "modern take" for them. The first movie took itself pretty seriously (yes, there was some relief, but nothing like everything after) and its still, by far, the best TMNT movie and one of the best comic book movies ever.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The same "grim and gritty" Turtles comic book series you're talking about also had them making lewd jokes while drinking beers like a bunch of bros and were packed to the brim with humor even in the way it executed the over the top violence. TMNT is a satire. It started as a parody of 80's Daredevil comic books.

Go back and watch that "serious" original movie you're talking about (which I love). There is more humor than your post even cares to imply. A lot more. The difference is that unlike the sequels there is a balance. It's not supposed to be all jokes but naturally it's a premise that doesn't lend itself to be humorless in any way by nature.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still watchin.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    The same "grim and gritty" Turtles comic book series you're talking about also had them making lewd jokes while drinking beers like a bunch of bros and were packed to the brim with humor even in the way it executed the over the top violence. TMNT is a satire. It started as a parody of 80's Daredevil comic books.

Go back and watch that "serious" original movie you're talking about (which I love). There is more humor than your post even cares to imply. A lot more. The difference is that unlike the sequels there is a balance. It's not supposed to be all jokes but naturally it's a premise that doesn't lend itself to be humorless in any way by nature.

Somehow completely missed my point.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shredder was a beast in the last movie
  • Broddie
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Somehow completely missed my point.

Your point was that TMNT started as grim and gritty. Yeah and? it doesn't mean that it's a property devoid of humor especially as it's "grim and gritty" nature was a byproduct of it's satirical origins in the first place.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the cgi movie the best
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imagine a Turtles movie directed by Nolan or Peter Jackson
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »

Ehhhhhhhhh nosign on Nolan bruh maybe from a story aspect but, he's not that great with fight scenes.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thing with Baxter in this one means mousers in it too which means turtles use their weapons more
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Casey jones gon be in this one as well.

Yall know yall gon watch to see him fight.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yall really expect a talking army rhino and a grunge wild boar to be featured in a dark gritty movie huh?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    f this ? , im only watching this if they get a better director.
    fell asleep during the first one
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »

nah more like ridley scott or snyder(snyder aint the goat director but he's great with the comic stuff and gets gritty)

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah snyder would likely do very well with a TMNT movie
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    hope they straight goons