Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the writer:

Kim-Lute-600x450.jpg

This is damn near white???
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo... im trying to get pregnant by @shizlansky so we can produce more lightskin and darkskin babies to heal the nation.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But yea... answer my PM @shizlansky.

• Focal Point
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Women are haters at the core. No denying that.

Yall go thru more friends like socks

Yall be like that's why I got more men friends then women.

Women are haters and my opinion will never change.
    You know sir... You may have a point
  • Focal Point
    S2J wrote: »
    Lol @ nggas sayin pass

You aint gotta lie to kick it my nggaaaa lls

Kim-Lute-Black-Women-Colorism-378x560.jpg

myturn-kim-lute-MY01-vl-vertical.jpg

Mmm! All in her confused awkward ? guts

Oh I see... the other pic had her darker
  • Focal Point
    She slightly reminds of Kat in the top pic
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks like Miles Austin.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    I swear I only hear this type of ? narrative from light skinned women. Some have this elitest attitude and swear that all eyes are on them at all times....the funny part about it though is it's usually the less attractive ones that perpetuate this ? . Never hear any dark chick's commenting on somebody's light skinnedness.

Really?
    U've never heard of dark skinned women complaining about lighter skinned women
    tumblr_m5q5hqzvN11r7r6wqo1_500.gif
    Noir wrote: »
    Lightskin & darkskin women can be frwends!

uappEhI.jpg

U aren't dark skinned, chuck

These dudes have incorrect ideas about who is dark-skinned. Chuck is not dark-skinned.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks like Miles Austin.

Skinny, cooned out, wack dressed-yes. To see her and think of Miles Austin? Thats not normal.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man get this lipstick alley ? outta here, you divisive ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scusthov.gif

That ? can't get no ? off the strength of her jeans alone

Yall ? need to come up off that light bright ?

• Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I swear this ? got the best IC name right now
  • S2J
    She slightly reminds of Kat in the top pic

Nggas need to get out the house. Dudes stay sayin this with chicks that dont look nothin like her
  • S2J
    BvcUZNXIQAEakPq.jpg

Ol bytch look like Marley mama. Talkin bout 'pass'. Yall nggas LYIN

Smash.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ nggas sayin pass

You aint gotta lie to kick it my nggaaaa lls

Kim-Lute-Black-Women-Colorism-378x560.jpg

Mmm! All in her confused awkward ? guts

Pass! She ain't white enough for my taste get this ? ? outta here!
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BvcUZNXIQAEakPq.jpg

Smash.

nah-man.gif
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

uappEhI.jpg

uappEhI.jpg

@Noir got them speed bag ? . I could do a punch combo on them thangs!
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BvcUZNXIQAEakPq.jpg

Smash.

The ? is anti comb for real... Thats what happens u stop hanging out with the sistas n going to nadine beauty parlor, n get your hair done by white folks at pink kittys...
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scusthov.gif

That ? can't get no ? off the strength of her jeans alone

Yall ? need to come up off that light bright ?

myturn-kim-lute-MY01-vl-vertical.jpg[/quote]

Lmao why she dressed like that hahahaa
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? this ? ? . She's needs to take her personal issues and not indiscriminately applying them to black women. She says she isn't a "tragic mulatto" but she sure writes like one.

Colourism is real, but this approach is counterproductive, ignorant, and dumb.

? this ? .

I knew this would be the only post in here I needed to read...
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brave of her, I think. She was very honest and that at least, made this a worthwhile read.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? this ? ? . She's needs to take her personal issues and not indiscriminately applying them to black women. She says she isn't a "tragic mulatto" but she sure writes like one.

Colourism is real, but this approach is counterproductive, ignorant, and dumb.

? this ? .

Why is her approach counterproductive? @Peeny_Wally
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    You know what, you ? ? talking about "this is divisive" sound like white people. When we talk about race there are many of them who say that that -- talking about race -- is divisive, all while racism and white privilege remain alive and well. Colorism, like racism, doesn't go away because you don't talk about it.

So FOH b, if you are on some 'this is divisive' tip.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Lack of intent means you can't shift responsibility.

@zzombie

Are you saying that if there was malicious intent (which there sometimes is) then society could be held responsible for these women's beauty issues? Intention has nothing to do with responsibility (if you're responsible for your child's safety then you can be faulted for knowingly neglecting or consciously disregarding their safety even if you never deliberately harm them) and regardless of whether or not people should be considered morally responsible for the self-esteem of other people, they are at least in part causally responsible.
    If you have low self-esteem then it's your ? fault.

No one can make you feel ugly or make you feel prettier than someone else

That's not true, they can. How attractive someone feels is influenced by both their own conscious attitude and preferences as well as how other people evaluate and treat them and their culture's standards of beauty.
    I know objectively ugly ? that are happy married and living life to the fullest with friends

There are no objectively ugly women and whether or not someone meets up to their society's conventional standards of beauty is only one aspect in how well off they will generally feel. Just because people can endure racism and still have overall happy lives doesn't negate racism as a problem. People with the same 'disadvantages' can also have different experiences (some black people have experienced more racism than others and their perception and attitudes are different at least partly because of it).

@deserttrain10
    when we live in a male dominated world that puts beautiful women on a pedestal....where long hair, big butts, light colored eyes have become social currency ... its not surprising girls grow up believing that their looks largely determines their worth ... especially when they see little that suggest differently

I don't believe we live in a male dominated society. Men may dominate positions of leadership (and even that isn't due to male discrimination against women) but women have as much influence on cultural and social norms that men are pressured to live up to as men do on cultural ideals that women are expected to embody. When there really was a patriarchy (in the West) that prevented women from voting or having political power it wasn't set up for the benefit of men, it was a gender based 'division of labor' where each sex was assigned different roles and expectations that was set up for the survival of the group and not to discriminate against women for the benefit of men, men were as, if not more, disadvantaged by this system as women were.

Traditionally, *more* emphasis was placed on women being physically attractive but since the advent of birth control and advances in technology that have rendered physical strength less important in the workplace and women being more financially independent than ever, some would argue that modern women place more emphasis on men's physical attractiveness than women in the past did since it's not as crucial for men to be providers and 'success objects' anymore.

If anything I think that conventionally attractive people in general are more likely to be put on a 'pedestal'. I can't imagine most people considering it socially acceptable to criticize a woman's appearance in a way that I've been criticized by complete strangers for some of my physical flaws (and not even something like hair but the most private, personal, 'embarrassing' flaws that no one would have reason to think were 'fixable' to begin with, if I also considered them flaws). I could be wrong (I don't think it would detract from my point) but I think any man who doesn't consider himself to be an out and out ? would probably have a big problem with mocking a woman for being overweight even if he didn't have one with mocking a man for being overweight. The only appearance based insult you're really 'allowed' to throw at women is they're being too skinny but generally it seems tackier for men to criticize a woman's appearance (not her clothes but her actual body/face) than it is for men or women to criticize a man's physical appearance.
    than white controlled media/entertainment industry tends to depict darker skinned blks in a negative light ...

I don't think I've really noticed that, personally.
    Women dont come out the ? wanting to look like kim Kardashian, black chyna... willing to risk their health injecting themselves with silicone, wrapping their stomachs with faux gurdles

Most men and women would want to attract the opposite sex even if they weren't shamed for not doing so.

I can't imagine complexion (not even race, ethnicity, culture, sex or class but complexion) being an issue when it comes to friendship or social issues in general. You have light and dark skinned women in the same families.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how when a lightbright femme cites personal issues that're supposedly rooted in Colorism, she's "brave" and "just being honest;" Yet when a brown/darskin woman does the exact same thing, she's being divisive and insecure.