King Alfred Plan in Full Effect:1.5 million black men "missing."

Options
PapaDoc223
PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
Were have all the brothers gone?

The numbers are staggering.

According to a report in The New York Times, black women between the ages of 25 and 54 outnumber black men by 1.5 million, based on an analysis of data from the 2010 U.S. Census. There were 7.046 black men of that age group not incarcerated, to 8.503 black women.

To put it another way, for every 100 black women, there are 83 black men. This is not the case in white America, where for every 100 women, there are 99 men, almost complete parity.

What that means, effectively, is that black men have disappeared. This reality lends credence to the idea that black men are an endangered species — not just symbolically or rhetorically, but based on the hard numbers.

Let’s explore this a little more. The Times estimated that more than a third of that 1.5 million gap — or 580,000 — is missing due to prison. With about 625,000 black men of prime age incarcerated and 45,000 black women also in prison, you get a discrepancy of 580,000. This is due, of course, to the staggeringly high incarceration rate of black men, which is higher than any other group, in the nation a quarter of the world’s prisoners, and the most prisoners in the world.

Putting this in perspective, in the 25-54 age range, 1 in 12 black men is in prison. However, only 1 in 60 nonblack men is in prison. Meanwhile, 1 in 200 black women and 1 in 500 nonblack women is behind bars.

Of the remaining 900,000, it was estimated that somewhere between 300,000 and 700,000 are due to mortality, early death. After all, homicide is the leading cause of death for young black men, who also die from heart disease, respiratory disease and accidents more than the rest of the nation.

The place in America with the lowest rate of black men is, believe it or not, Ferguson, Missouri, with 37.5 percent. New York is the city with the most missing black men (118,000), followed by Chicago (45,000), Philly (36,000) Detroit (21,000) and Memphis (19,000).

So what does this all mean? What struck me is that this is not a fluke, nor accidental, nor by chance. But rather, we can point to specific policies that have made black men disappear. First, I decided to look up the definition of the word genocide. The United Nations Genocide Convention defines genocide as the following:

Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious ? or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

When society reinforces the notion that black men are a threat, then sets in motion laws and policies to address and ultimately eliminate that threat, is it any wonder that the brothers are missing? If the disappearing of black men is not genocide, then what should we call it?

Assessing the conditions in which black men are placed, and our historical role in society as the official national scapegoat, perennial boogeyman and monster, should we really be surprised we have disappeared? Society always believed that black men were to be feared and loathed, devalued and disregarded. This mindset has been reinforced in the culture, in the media, and in the laws. During slavery, black men were perceived as a threat to the master’s house, criminalized based on the fear they would stage an uprising, burn down the plantation and, of course, ? the white women.

The war on drugs has been a war on black America, in which the justice system targets black men, locks them up and throws away the key. Although whites and blacks use drugs at similar rates, young men of color are racially profiled, harassed and brutalized through stop-and-frisk policies and arrested at much higher rates for drug possession. And the black incarceration rate is ten times that of whites, according to Human Rights Watch. Families and communities have been decimated by this war, and a generation lost.

From an early age, black children, and particularly black and brown boys, are dehumanized and criminalized and perceived as much older than their actual age. Funneled through a school-to-prison pipeline, many are provided an inferior education and unequal job opportunities — on purpose. And yet, in the land of 300 million guns, while the most vulnerable young black men and boys may not have access to a nourishing meal, education or job — or the ballot, for that matter — there never is a shortage of bullets for black bodies, it seems, and the black community is not a weapons manufacturer.

Further, we must not ignore the toll that racism plays on the black psyche, and on black health. As Billi Gordon, PhD wrote in Psychology Today, racism is causing a silent black genocide: “Stress acts first, and foremost, on the cardiovascular system. Hence, it is reasonable to suspect the pathophysiology of race-based stress as an antecedent to elevated heart disease in Black America.” Gordon also touched on the inherent sources of stress in the black community, including the numbers of black men in prison versus college, disintegrating support structures for black families, and the fact that the life expectancy of black men is seven years lower than anyone else.

In a land that advocates throwing away black men — in the streets, behind bars, and in the execution chamber — we now know the policy is a success, as the numbers show. The question is: how will society address this? This is not the past; this is happening now. Perhaps the idea of reparations does not sound so far-fetched.

http://thegrio.com/2015/04/24/million-missing-black-men-genocide/

This is ethnic genocide. See white folk are so cunning and evil. They bring drugs into our communities and allow lax gun laws in neighboring states to flood our streets with gun so there can be fracticide. Then they bring the police in as an occupying army and allow them to shoot to ? young black black men because they deem them a threat. They do this in the guise of law and order. Then they arrest a 21 year old with a little bit of weed and give him 15-35 years in prison., Here is New York times article
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/20/upshot/missing-black-men.html?abt=0002&abg=0

I am more convinced then ever that the white man is the devil. We need to build our economic power and educate our young people about finance because in america they respect violence and wealth. If we contine this path they will exterminate us.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Genocide is the plan
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    killing each other in the hoods.
    cops killing random black men.
    abortion and race mixing
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

Race mixing you're still black.

And all that other stuff was worst decades ago.

It's something else if the numbers are true.

Probably because opl ain't having kids like old school ppl use to.

I got a ton of aunts and uncles and my grandma was shooting them out.

But they ain't having kids like that. They having 1 or 2 while grandma had 11 and my other grandma had 9
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I detailed my solution to this in another thread. To summarize; we need to cultivate (those of us in the targeted age group) a cosmopolitan mentality. Living in this country can't be the workable end game here.

Black men are respected when they carry with them a sense of an expanded scope of things, which won't happen if we continue to limit ourselves in this country.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read this days ago, huge reach in logic. First of all ? ain't "missing" they either dead or in prison somebody knows where they are. Saying they are "missing" implies kidnapping or some other measure.

Second to call it genocide, when the highest killers of black men are black men and health issues is an affront to genocide the world over.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great read. It all boils down to finance. If we can get on the same playing field financially and start to take money from their pockets and successfully start to distribute it back into our neighborhoods then they will start feeling the blues
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I read this days ago, huge reach in logic. First of all ? ain't "missing" they either dead or in prison somebody knows where they are. Saying they are "missing" implies kidnapping or some other measure.

Second to call it genocide, when the highest killers of black men are black men and health issues is an affront to genocide the world over

? "logic"
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just chance. 17 out of 100 black men don't get murdered.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless there has been a staggering rise of Bruce Jenner types.
  • jono
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Second to call it genocide, when the highest killers of black men are black men and health issues is an affront to genocide the world over

? "logic"
    Dispute it
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

? "logic"
    Dispute it

nowhere in any definition of genocide does it say it must be the number 1 cause of death. Take your ? semantics argument elsewhere
  • jono
    Options

? "logic"
    Dispute it

nowhere in any definition of genocide does it say it must be the number 1 cause of death. Take your ? semantics argument elsewhere
    Lol so let's ignore the top 2 killers of black males....
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

? "logic"
    Dispute it

Is that what this article /thread is about? And why do you thibk homicide is the number killer oF black men?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    abortion and race mixing

But they ain't having kids like that. They having 1 or 2 while grandma had 11 and my other grandma had 9

Not true more like confused. Most blacks and whites look at mixed raced kids like yall not 100% either of us.

Most black people are more accepting of mixed raced kids than whites are.

Most mixed race kids have stronger feelings/ identify with the race who they were raised by and around so that who their loyalties will be with.

• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Education, and financial literacy will drive the future. Can't do much in life with a 500 credit score, and you won't blow a ? head off if you're shown love, and shown the world is bigger than the hood, and shown you are not your conditions. I don't need to read an article to know how bad is it for lil ? out here. I had someone I love call me from jail the other day and say he felt like it was over for him. He's only serving 3 years, and he's only 18, but he feels like all he know is what he know, and I can understand where he comin from because it's easy to get sucked in, that life is really intoxicating if your mind ain't right. If our generation raises our children correctly, our children and grandchildren will reap the benefits. It's starts at home though. And at home, as much I love and honor my women, it starts with us as black men. We need the women's nurturing to keep the home in order, but it's us that will drive the change that makes those homes, bigger, and safer to help bring our children to a new plateau.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    abortion and race mixing

Not true more like confused. Most blacks and whites look at mixed raced kids like yall not 100% either of us.

Most mixed race kids have stronger feelings/ identify with the race who they were raised by and around so that who their loyalties will be with.

What is this based on? Do you have some survey numbers showing that most black people consider mixed race people to not be considered black? My experience is the exact opposite. In fact, from what I've seen black people tend to get mad at mixed race people when they don't self identify as black. So unless you got some numbers backing these claims, I'm calling BS.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    polygomy is the only answer..
    this monogamous ? aint our culture anyway..

i say it all the time..
    u a real ? its ur civic duty to snatch as many ? up ass possible..

Quality over quantity bruh.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »

i say it all the time..

a man of quality will only produce quality..
    thats why its called selective breeding...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    abortion and race mixing

What is this based on? Do you have some survey numbers showing that most black people consider mixed race people to not be considered black? My experience is the exact opposite. In fact, from what I've seen black people tend to get mad at mixed race people when they don't self identify as black. So unless you got some numbers backing these claims, I'm calling BS.

I could ask you the same google is both our friend.

I have seen the bold when it comes to a celebrity or athlete not the average person on the street.
  • _Lefty
    edited April 2015
    Options

i say it all the time..

Breeding and rearing are two different things. Kids ain't puppies.
  • jono
    Options

? "logic"
    Dispute it

Is that what this article /thread is about? And why do you thibk homicide is the number killer oF black men?

The article is about "missing" black men as far as the census is concerned and ratio to black women.

When ? aren't "missing" but either dead or locked up the logic falls apart. They are dying and being incarerated at an accelerated rate, that's a verifiable fact.

Looking at incarceration most of that is nonviolent offenders, a legit argument can be made here but when you talk about death...the actually loss of life the term "genocide" doesn't apply as of 2011 via the CDC:
    Black Males, All Ages Percent*
    1) Heart disease 23.8
    2) Cancer 23.1
    3) Unintentional injuries 5.7
    4) Stroke 4.8
    5) Homicide 4.6
    6) Diabetes 4.1
    7) Chronic lower respiratory diseases 3.2
    8) Kidney disease 2.6
    9) ? disease 1.9
    10) Septicemia
    http://www.cdc.gov/men/lcod/2011/index.htm

The first four are health related, more often in older black males. Homicide is the number one killer of young black males 15-34
    (2)

of that black males ? each other at MUCH higher rates than anyone else kills us (3)

So If you gonna buy into any of this "genocide" nonsense then the implication is that Blacks commit genocide on themselves.

Heaven forbid any of these idiots decide to add abortion to this list.

Furthermore, if we say that these "missing" individuals are a problem (which it is) then it stands to reason that you should look at the root causes in order to alleviate said problem.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i say it all the time..

Breeding and rearing are two different things. Kids ain't puppies.

u think dogs dont rear they offspring??

humans are the only intelligent beings on earth then??
    yet females in the animal kingdom got enough sense to not ? wit a ? ? ??
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i say it all the time..

Nothing natural about selective breeding my nig...
    And lurking around, I usually agree with 99.9% of the ? u say...