Damn! China Is Straight Ruthless When It Comes To Children

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
_82322350_dsc_0302v2.jpg

Getting into good schools or universities is tough in many parts of the world, but in Hong Kong the pressure begins earlier. Often parents try to get children into a good kindergarten - and before that, into a good nursery. So there are now classes preparing toddlers for that all-important nursery interview.

Yoyo Chan is preparing for an important interview that could help her succeed in life. She is one-and-a-half years old.

At two she will start nursery, but competition is fierce in Hong Kong, and some of the most prestigious nurseries are selective. Her parents want her to be well-prepared for her first big test in life.

The best nurseries and kindergartens are seen as a gateway into the best primary schools - which in turn, parents believe, pave the way to the best secondary schools and universities.

So the most renowned of them can receive more than 1,000 applications for just a few dozen places. As a result, enterprising tuition companies are now offering interview training for toddlers.

At one tuition company, the Hong Kong Young Talents Association (HKYTA), a series of 12 training sessions costs HK$4,480 ($580; £390) - that's nearly a quarter of the median monthly household income.

"We try to teach children through musical activities, while adapting the activities to what the interviews will cover," HKYTA tutor Teresa Fahy says.
But to make things more complicated - and more nerve-wracking for parents - different nurseries and kindergartens are looking for different things.
It's common for the interviewers to observe how children play with toys. This gives an idea of their fine motor skills, and how they interact with other children.
How they take part in group activities such as singing or moving to music will also be carefully examined. And interviewers will talk to the children to see how well they express themselves, and whether they make eye contact.
Some, but not all, will also ask children to identify colours or shapes, or to explain scenes in a picture book.

"Interview questions are getting harder and harder," says Fahy. "Kindergartens may ask children complex questions like, 'What are your eyes for?' or 'What type of egg is this?'

_82520656_eggs.jpg

Comments

• Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    define ruthless
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honk Kong is very different from China although Hong Kong is in China.

HK is a libertarian ? and the closet thing to their utopia they can point to and we see how they label kids worthy or unworthy at a year old.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this suppress all creativity.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »

How?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate humans. Ultron was correct.
  • Shizlansky
    VIBE wrote: »

How?

At a young age they are taking away free thinking.

Free thinking leads to in innovation.

They basically being program to be a certain way. Basically robots.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a grown-ass college educated man and I'd fail the egg question...

...the fourth one is a Jelly Belly, right?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is wonderful let the children know from the start that this world if about competition
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a young age they are taking away free thinking.

Free thinking leads to in innovation.

They basically being program to be a certain way. Basically robots.

Exactly. This is why zero innovation comes out of China; They just manufacture everyone else's products.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is just a form of ensuring certain links to certain past dynasties stay ahead of the pack.

They are creating a caste system. Lords and serfs all over again.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just can't let kids be kids smh.
  • zzombie
    iron man1 wrote: »

No because asians are not ? playing educations is competitive as ? in places like china, korea and japan
  • Shizlansky
    zzombie wrote: »

No because asians are not ? playing educations is competitive as ? in places like china, korea and japan

How's that working out for the ppl of China?
  • zzombie

Great . China is a major world power with a growing middle class. japan is a major world economy and SOUTH korea is also doing just fine.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    I think this is just a form of ensuring certain links to certain past dynasties stay ahead of the pack.

They are creating a caste system. Lords and serfs all over again.

That is life though. There will always be haves and have-nots. These parents understand that, and they want their kids to be ahead of the curb.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "...ahead of the curb."

You ? is hilarious
  • Shizlansky

Great . China is a major world power with a growing middle class. japan is a major world economy and SOUTH korea is also doing just fine.

Most of the Chinese ppl work for pennies a day with the worst air quality in the world. With no ? given about their fellow man and their well being.

A place with zero free thunking leads to everybody being the same which leads to the person on top to have total control of the ppl since they are programmed so young.

They have their kids in boot camps just for sports and ? .

China is not a great place to be. It's over crowded

And China and Japan is completely different
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the Chinese ppl work for pennies a day with the worst air quality in the world. With no ? given about their fellow man and their well being.

A place with zero free thunking leads to everybody being the same which leads to the person on top to have total control of the ppl since they are programmed so young.

Lol. You know what's happening where YOU live right?
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how the most "spiritual" ppl(Christians) are really the most dense physically grounded people on the planet..

True creativity cannot be expressed in a place where rigid robotic laws and criteria is forcefully implemented on the people..People,especially children,need to be able to express their creativity..Children are free spirited beings...

• zzombie
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    It's funny how the most "spiritual" ppl(Christians) are really the most dense physically grounded people on the planet..

True creativity cannot be expressed in a place where rigid robotic laws and criteria is forcefully implemented on the people..People,especially children,need to be able to express their creativity..Children are free spirited beings...

More mystical bloodclatt mumbo jumbo
  • zzombie

No human created system is perfect as a result there will be sacrifices made . So yes many Chinese of this generation are still making pennies a day. But like I told you their middle-class is growing so future generations probably will live a much better life

Less than 100 years ago China was a backwards much poorer nation today it is a powerhouse in Asia.

Japan had massive help from the USA after ww2. China did not have that advantage and while their educational systems are different one thing remains the say between the two. Education is competitive.

And by the way while China does have a one party state that limits it's population freedom of expression. It's not nearly as oppressive as you are making it seems especially in the major cities.
  • zzombie
    China is still far from perfect and like all nations it has many issues to solve pollution being one of them.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol..so creativity isn't connected to the spirit world? The material realm is ultimately a illusory realm..

? ..just in the other thread you were co signing the existence of the spirit realms,saying its "dangerous"..like you scared to tap into that type of energy

So which one is it muthafucka?...Because I don't label myself "Christian" I'm automatically a purveyor of mystical mumbo jumbo?

Go ahead and take a hit of ayahuasca,bruh...i guarantee u will see things differently

? you had to be indoctrinated with the Christian dogmas as a kid,you didn't naturally come out your mothers stargate talking about Christism

If you were born in different country under the umbrella of a different relegion you would call the "creator" something else in a different language

• zzombie

Lol..so creativity isn't connected to the spirit world? The material realm is ultimately a illusory realm..

? ..just in the other thread you were co signing the existence of the spirit realms,saying its "dangerous"..like you scared to tap into that type of energy

So which one is it muthafucka?...Because I don't label myself "Christian" I'm automatically a purveyor of mystical mumbo jumbo?

Go ahead and take a hit of ayahuasca,bruh...i guarantee u will see things differently

? you had to be indoctrinated with the Christian dogmas as a kid,you didn't naturally come out your mothers stargate talking about Christism

If you were born in different country under the umbrella of a different relegion you would call the "creator" something else in a different language

Not in the mood to speak on the esoteric especially when it comes to a topic like this. Spiritually should never be all encompassing not having the proper balance is counterproductive to living in the physical.

The word ? is a title, king means ruler the concept is the same in any language.