aye yall bmore posters rising up or ya aint bout it?

Options

Comments

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last I seen it was more peaceful protesters than violent ones, and if you not wit the violence then why aren't you at the peaceful protest.........

You don't know
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    To the people who get mad when people talk about the cvs and other property damage

Remember when white folks ? up their own ? back when black folks were accused of doing ? ? Me either. History tells us that white folks were taking our whole towns that were occupied mostly by black folks. Remember Rosewood? Black Wallstreet? Maybe many other places. Those angry mobs of white folks who did that ? back when black folks were ACCUSED of something left their homes and ? up black communities!! Ok they torched a couple police cars?? Ooooh!! Them ? got grant money and will have replacements next month. ? ain't even try to ? up the police station or the cops home or nothing. A lot of this ? is totally misguided and some of these kids are just doing it for the vine.

Cause its a ? police station!!!!

What DA fucc??!

What DA fucc do you think the police are doing when they are blocking a road off?? They are keeping them in one area...

So you saying they have to go against tear gas,smoke bombs,clubs and tasers then run ...NOT WALK ..but run miles towards the good neighborhoods and police station...and there they wil l be shot or beaten and arrested. ? getting swooped up by police now in they own area, you really think they gonna let them get by to ? up other neighborhoods? Come on mane...

? got tanks and talking about let's burn down the police station with rocks and Molotov's
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the destroying their neighborhood narrative is weak.
    it ignores the black businesses that were protected
    it also ignores the ? conditions that already existed
    it ignores the reason for the anger

I agree, people also forget many of the riots took place downtown....what happened on Camden Yards was crazy but understandable

The anger behind the riots is legit, if no one rioted, then the people would have had to suffer in silence with no hope of outside help
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    To the people who get mad when people talk about the cvs and other property damage

Remember when white folks ? up their own ? back when black folks were accused of doing ? ? Me either. History tells us that white folks were taking our whole towns that were occupied mostly by black folks. Remember Rosewood? Black Wallstreet? Maybe many other places. Those angry mobs of white folks who did that ? back when black folks were ACCUSED of something left their homes and ? up black communities!! Ok they torched a couple police cars?? Ooooh!! Them ? got grant money and will have replacements next month. ? ain't even try to ? up the police station or the cops home or nothing. A lot of this ? is totally misguided and some of these kids are just doing it for the vine.

What DA fucc??!

What DA fucc do you think the police are doing when they are blocking a road off?? They are keeping them in one area...

So you saying they have to go against tear gas,smoke bombs,clubs and tasers then run ...NOT WALK ..but run miles towards the good neighborhoods and police station...and there they wil l be shot or beaten and arrested. ? getting swooped up by police now in they own area, you really think they gonna let them get by to ? up other neighborhoods? Come on mane...

? got tanks and talking about let's burn down the police station with rocks and Molotov's

? ain't ready to die for this ? and that's the problem

I ain't scared
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    ? is selfish nowadays

Too many ? have gotten comfortable living on their knees getting crumbs from the white man table that allows them to live better than a few other black people.

They would rather live that way instead of standing up on their own 2 feet and fighting to live like a true man would with less comfort but free of a white mans handouts/control.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ? is selfish nowadays

Too many ? have gotten comfortable living on their knees getting crumbs from the white man table that allows them to live better than a few other black people.

They would rather live that way instead of standing up on their own 2 feet and fighting to live like a true man would with less comfort but free of a white mans handouts/control.

So why did this "revolution" didn't happen at city hall? Why ? ? where they sleeping?
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    ? is selfish nowadays

So why did this "revolution" didn't happen at city hall? Why ? ? where they sleeping?

There was a peaceful protest going on downtown

So Wtf is you talking bout
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

It's just too obvious, crackas got these ? brainwashed
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    ? is selfish nowadays

You can't be serious with those questions. Come with something better than this ? and we can converse about it but I'm not going waste my time on silly ? .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

You can't speak logic to a closed mind bruh.I learned that years ago.This is part of the bigger problem,but save your comments for those who get it.It's a process of elimination.Unfortunately everyone ain't going to make it and those who are meant to will understand and do better.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »

What DA fucc??!

But back when ? was popping off way back before we had telephones and all that, black folks didn't care about that. People talking about a revolution when you got people out there taking selfies in front of burning cars and destroying ? to make a vine or Instagram video also out here getting pretty pictures. Back in the day they didn't know wtf was going on, they had to go at this ? blind. They didn't have Twitter telling them where the police are and all that. Personally I'm talking way too much about this. I can't identify at all because I'm nowhere near there. I've heard stories from people out there, some are ok with the violence, some really hate it. It's easy to sit here in our comfortable homes and say what they should of shouldn't do.. I'll just leave it there.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

Destroying where you live will make them more dependable on hand outs,whoops I'm speaking common sense again. All these people will need handouts now.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can somebody tell me why 3rd Eye Blind (aka Meta_Conscious) can't argue without caricaturing the arguments of his opponents?

Dude does this ALL the time, and ? is infuriating.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

Destroying where you live will make them more dependable on hand outs,whoops I'm speaking common sense again. All these people will need handouts now.

You thinking short sighted and you can miss me with the fake slick talk about speaking common sense.

Just like how some of the neighborhood people are out there cleaning up the neighborhood people themselves can build it back up without the help of any outsiders if that is what they really chose to do.

All those pastors collecting all them damn tithes every sunday to drive fancy cars and live in big houses need to put that money back there and do some real good with it.

Stop thinking we have to depend on white peoples handouts when we don't.

We just have to KNOW and BELIEVE that we can get ? done ourselves and a great start would those kids who was out there tearing ? up parents leading by ? example!

Just basic ? that a real "COMMUNITY" would know to do but like I said before too many black people don't live in a real "COMMUNITY"
  • VulcanRaven
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

You thinking short sighted and you can miss me with the fake slick talk about speaking common sense.

Just like how some of the neighborhood people are out there cleaning up the neighborhood people themselves can build it back up without the help of any outsiders if that is what they really chose to do.

All those pastors collecting all them damn tithes every sunday to drive fancy cars and live in big houses need to put that money back there and do some real good with it.

We just have to KNOW and BELIEVE that we can get ? done ourselves and a great start would those kids who was out there tearing ? up parents leading by ? example!

Just basic ? that a real "COMMUNITY" would know to do but like I said before too many black people don't live in a real "COMMUNITY"

You till need a base of operations to build from.What sense does it make to put other black people out of business or work? How are they going to build without money? Your last part proves my point.It is not a REAL community because they did not take care of each other and took away resources.The people who are out there cleaning up are the people who are hurt by this and who were trying to own things.They are also against the riot.Why do you not understand that simple fact?
  • D. Morgan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

You till need a base of operations to build from.What sense does it make to put other black people out of business or work? How are they going to build without money? Your last part proves my point.It is not a REAL community because they did not take care of each other and took away resources.The people who are out there cleaning up are the people who are hurt by this and who were trying to own things.They are also against the riot.Why do you not understand that simple fact?

In any of my posts where did I say it makes sense?

Why are you ASSuming I don't understand that a certain group is against the riots and a certain group has no problem with rioting?

Fact of the matter is to get the most done we actually need both. People who are willing to match fire with fire and those who can sit down with the police chief, mayor and others of that ilk and let them know we not going to tell our brothers and sisters out ? ? up to stop until certain things change.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I think that the sad fact is that rioting can bring more attention - and, consequently, more responsive action -- to an issue distressing a community than peaceful protests. The people who are against rioting shouldn't want to deny this. At the same time, destroying your community -- pharmacies, clothing, convenience and other stores, etc. -- is a cost, and one that will be paid by the members of the community in terms of lost employment opportunities and services, more inconvenience, and more, not least the negative effects of living in an even more depressed neighborhood. (It is worth noting here that these costs seem to be costs regardless of whether these businesses are owned by blacks or non-blacks.) It may be that when this cost is significant enough, no likely policy successes will make rioting worth it. It depends on whether there is rebuilding, and how long it takes. A community can take decades to recover from two days of rioting. But I'm not going to say that that is going to be the case here.

Given the potential costs of rioting, I think I am more on the side of those who are against it. Then again, perhaps there can be rioting without looting: chaos in the streets without businesses being broken into and their goods stolen. Yet if there is chaos in the streets, perhaps that will inevitably entice some individuals to try to take advantage of the situation.

Cause humans ain't peaceful creatures, how you think this world was built on the blood and bones of all those who came before us.

Humans is ? animals, it's in our genetic make-up to be violent, ? we primates, half these ? ? would be literal dead meat if we was still in the woods gettin it in, talkin bout some ?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

Bruh

The pics, footage clearly shows that there were 13-17 yrs olds out here rioting, looting

Many were being opportunistic

Many genuinely were angry and lashed out

And when you are angry you are not thinking logically, about the consequences

Especially u don't believe u have a bright future....you aint thinking about tomorrow

Plus they are young

They aren't strategic geniuses...capable of getting past police baracades/lines with weapons, explosives undetected

Kids are no diff than the white college students who riot and trash their campuses after a basketball game

Sure you could argue there are better ways to channel their anger but u have to consider your audience

Than we as a society have failed them....we teach the youth to answer violence with violence via film, music, domestic/international policy, etc

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? up thing about all this is watch gentrification come from this and poor black folks will be forced out of those areas. People say that white people start these riots for this reason. I didn't believe that ? but I don't know now.

I said this in one of the other Bmore threads. Glad I'm not the only one that sees this.

It seems to me gentrification happens ever other decade.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

Bruh

The pics, footage clearly shows that there were 13-17 yrs olds out here rioting, looting

Especially u don't believe u have a bright future....you aint thinking about tomorrow

Plus they are young

They aren't strategic geniuses...capable of getting past police baracades/lines with weapons, explosives undetected

Kids are no diff than the white college students who riot and trash their campuses after a basketball game

Sure you could argue there are better ways to channel their anger but u have to consider your audience

Than we as a society have failed them....we teach the youth to answer violence with violence via film, music, domestic/international policy, etc
    There were plenty of adults.People seem to miss that part a lot.That is is no excuse though as everyone has to be held accountable for their actions that make things worse. I know how irrational teens can be,but the adults have no control over their kids which is another issue all together.The last part is my point,hat violence only destroys them.I watched that type of thing happen my whole life so I know how it makes things worse.Mot of this are just excuses for people to hurt themselves and complain about how things are bad as if these things make them better.
  • God_Yunn
    Options

You can't speak logic to a closed mind bruh.I learned that years ago.This is part of the bigger problem,but save your comments for those who get it.It's a process of elimination.Unfortunately everyone ain't going to make it and those who are meant to will understand and do better.

Process of elimination? Do you hear yourself... You're talking about a divide in between races because you feel your way is the right way?

That's disgusting bruh..

What the fucc is wrong with you!? Why are you so adamant to talk about one part of the problem? Do you not understand that we have been oppressed for hundreds of years up til today....we barely are in a generation where we have equal rights and in your face racism turned into subtle racism.

People will always be a product of they environment the question that you should know the answer to already is HOW did these environments get like that?

Like bruh you sound like a light skin ? right now and this one way of thinking is as close minded as you assume everyone else ...all we need to know brother is if you feel the way everyone else does or are you more upset because riots are going on?

@VulcanRaven

• God_Yunn
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

Bruh

Plus they are young

There were plenty of adults.People seem to miss that part a lot.That is is no excuse though as everyone has to be held accountable for their actions that make things worse. I know how irrational teens can be,but the adults have no control over their kids which is another issue all together.The last part is my point,hat violence only destroys them.I watched that type of thing happen my whole life so I know how it makes things worse.Mot of this are just excuses for people to hurt themselves and complain about how things are bad as if these things make them better.

Why aren't you out there helping the adults control these "crazy kids" you really hard on your own kind...like you don't understand they plight or if other
    Races arent hard on blacks as it is.

Who are you more angry at my ? ?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is selfish nowadays

Bruh

Plus they are young

Besides 1 or 2 ppl, i did not see one person from the footage that looked a day over 20, 21

Regardless, you can feel the way u do and still emphasize

I myself am not a huge fan of riots but i can understand being fed up with a situation and wanting to lash out at the closes thing, person

May not be the best solution, but sure did put the spotlight on Bmore and the death of freddie gray

Would you be down with bombing city hall? There's good ppl who work there too....have a suspicion u wouldnt be

So what do u recommend ppl do to channel their anger, besides march