Let's talk about the eventual Michael Jackson biopic...

Options
2»

Comments

• not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're forgetting one important item.

Any MJ biopic that would get made likely won't happen without his family signing off on it. That being the case, I'm sure it'd end up being a sanitized version of events, and probably won't be an in depth portrayal that all the great biopics have.

Probably would be better if they did a documentary along the lines of "The Beatles Anthology".
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no real need for one , his life is well documented.

The Jacksons tv movie was adequate.

"Michael! Marlon! Who left the towel in the swimming pool!?"
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're forgetting one important item.

Any MJ biopic that would get made likely won't happen without his family signing off on it. That being the case, I'm sure it'd end up being a sanitized version of events, and probably won't be an in depth portrayal that all the great biopics have.

Probably would be better if they did a documentary along the lines of "The Beatles Anthology".

I read that Sony owns the rights to a MJ movie, should they make one.

I may be wrong though.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather just see a doc. No actor will perfectly embody somebody that well known. These types of things only work when the general public isn't that familiar with them/their story.

I dunno. Dude from Jacksons: AAD killed the MJ role. Dude was perfect as teenage/early 20's MJ. Not saying get him, I think he's dead anyway, but just saying it can be done.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I'd rather just see a doc. No actor will perfectly embody somebody that well known. These types of things only work when the general public isn't that familiar with them/their story.

I dunno. Dude from Jacksons: AAD killed the MJ role. Dude was perfect as teenage/early 20's MJ. Not saying get him, I think he's dead anyway, but just saying it can be done.

Wylie Draper died on December 20, 1993 due to some rare form of Leukemia.

• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone know enough about the real mj to make a biopic?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    There is no real need for one , his life is well documented.

The Jacksons tv movie was adequate.

"Michael! Marlon! Who left the towel in the swimming pool!?"

That's my favorite scene, he was gonna wake them up over some towels lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lisa Marie Presley, that ? is irrelevant. You can't act like the child abuse allegations didnt happen, that was part of the media agenda to tear him down.

reggiebomb.gif
  • soul rattler
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Lisa Marie Presley, that ? is irrelevant. You can't act like the child abuse allegations didnt happen, that was part of the media agenda to tear him down.

reggiebomb.gif

My reaction every time Reggie Miller opens his mouth.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from the time he announced his last tour until his day he died, that's the story the movie should tell. then certain experiences he went through during that would would take him back to past occurrences in his life (flashbacks to his childhood, thriller and the prime of his career, child molestation allegations and trials, etc.)

there's so much to talk about, you can't include everything but the story can be straight if the right people are behind it

I this is the right direction.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

reggiebomb.gif

So you believe he was a child molester.

oh.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

reggiebomb.gif

oh.

It takes more of a leap of faith to think he's innocent than t o think he's guilty. To think otherwise shows the insanely strong power of music

If i, s2j, told you right now i slept in beds with kids...nvm.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I, s2j, slept in beds with kids

Frodo-Is-Really-Disgusted-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

reggiebomb.gif

oh.

It takes more of a leap of faith to think he's innocent than t o think he's guilty. To think otherwise shows the insanely strong power of music

If i, s2j, told you right now i slept in beds with kids...nvm.

Yeh.... This is your "I wanna argue for the sake of arguing" thing and I'm not taking the bait. Just gonna say yeh sure you got it. Have a good day broseph