Ray Lewis gives motivational speech to Baltimore youth

Comments

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Lefty wrote: »
    ? want black celebrities to speak out on issues, then when they do it, and do it spiritedly like he just did, ? wanna clown him and talk him down. ? ya'll.

Edit: I would love this more if he did it on the front lines, but I still respect it.

We don't want celebs to speak out on looting and rioting. The ? is you talking bout?
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/Hvbr0tUmJR8

@ 1:10

Ray will you help us?
    Ray: Ye..welll

Bruh, this was used perfectly! ? has me cryin'!!!! LMAOOO!!

"The came in with guns!.... But walked out with jobs........ They were hiring that dayyy!"
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    _Lefty wrote: »
    ? want black celebrities to speak out on issues, then when they do it, and do it spiritedly like he just did, ? wanna clown him and talk him down. ? ya'll.

Edit: I would love this more if he did it on the front lines, but I still respect it.

" ? want black celebrities to speak out ......... ". Translation: " somebody find ja rule! I need him to make sense of all his. Where is ja? Help me ja!"
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    The only people who've been sufferring so far are black. Once some cop bodies start dropping and Bobby and Timmy dont make it home and white families are now also traumatized , they'll call for peace and order quick and the revolution will begin.

EVERY successful fight against injustice was sparked by violent/armed retaliation , John Brown being one example. Cops have to start dying.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    The only people who've been sufferring so far are black. Once some cop bodies start dropping and Bobby and Timmy dont make it home and white families are now also traumatized , they'll call for peace and order quick and the revolution will begin.

EVERY successful fight against injustice was sparked by violent/armed retaliation , John Brown being one example. Cops have to start dying.

And it were blacks who caused the suffering.Out of all the cops they hurt,none of them died.Once again,they did not riot against police brutality,they rioted to steal ? when they saw the opportunity.Jacking your own people out of cars and fighting each other was really teaching them crackas a lesson,yup.
  • I_fap_twohanded
    I_fap_twohanded Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    If he was wearing his white suit i would have listened
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2015

And it were blacks who caused the suffering.Out of all the cops they hurt,none of them died.Once again,they did not riot against police brutality,they rioted to steal ? when they saw the opportunity.Jacking your own people out of cars and fighting each other was really teaching them crackas a lesson,yup.

The blacks I was speaking of who are suffering are the ones being killed with no remorse by cops and the black families being traumatized in the aftermath. My post had nothing to do with riots. Im talking about cops getting ran up on and killed the same way a rival gang member wouldve after killing someone. I didnt advocate looting once in any of my post, Im talking about taking lives not a bag of chips.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he stabbed the ? . I think he yelled them to death.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand the hate for him in this topic. It ain't like he's dismissing the feelings people have out there. He just saying they are going about expressing those things in the wrong way. You can disagree with him, but it ain't like he's saying anything out of pocket.

Also, I think it's funny how when crackas want to discredit him, they instantly bring up the murder charges to try and tear him down. Now he says some ? some of ya'll don't like and ya'll do the same thing the white people do. I swear for people that claim to hate racist whites so much, ya'll sure act a lot like them.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

what caused this to happen?
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he wasnt telling the cops that killed that man the same thing before the protest and riots began, then he can shut the ? up
  • The Lonious Monk
    If he wasnt telling the cops that killed that man the same thing before the protest and riots began, then he can shut the ? up

What does this even mean? Those cops did what they did and are going through the process now. None of us know what's going to happen with them yet, so what is anyone supposed to say to them? However, Baltimore is a powder keg right now and ? could get much worse. Ya'll really think it's wrong for leaders in the community to speak out and try to keep things from getting too crazy. Even if ya'll believe some violence is necessary to get the point across, you can't possibly believe people who care about the city of Baltimore are in the wrong for not wanting to see it burned to the ground.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray is full of ? . He's so passionate in telling what black kids should do, but doesnt show much anger for the racist supremacy that blacks face.
  • dwade206
    Ray is full of ? . He's so passionate in telling what black kids should do, but doesnt show much anger for the racist supremacy that blacks face.
  • dwade206
  • dwade206
    Damn, 3 times?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does this even mean? Those cops did what they did and are going through the process now. None of us know what's going to happen with them yet, so what is anyone supposed to say to them? However, Baltimore is a powder keg right now and ? could get much worse. Ya'll really think it's wrong for leaders in the community to speak out and try to keep things from getting too crazy. Even if ya'll believe some violence is necessary to get the point across, you can't possibly believe people who care about the city of Baltimore are in the wrong for not wanting to see it burned to the ground.

Exactly. Not City Hall, not the police departments...just their own damn neighborhoods. Money that citizens are going to end footing the bill for. Further development that will be stagnated because of slow investment. Nobody gets that though. Both sides of the fence got some soul searching to do.
  • The Lonious Monk
    dwade206 wrote: »

What is this based on? He clearly commented on the wrongness of what's being done to the people in Baltimore. Once again, I'm not understanding the criticisms you people are making. He's not telling anyone to not be mad or not do anything about what's happening. He's just expressing his opinion that what's currently being done is not the right thing. You can disagree, but all these character attacks are out of line.
  • dwade206

What is this based on? He clearly commented on the wrongness of what's being done to the people in Baltimore. Once again, I'm not understanding the criticisms you people are making. He's not telling anyone to not be mad or not do anything about what's happening. He's just expressing his opinion that what's currently being done is not the right thing. You can disagree, but all these character attacks are out of line.

You conveniently left out the fact that he never addressed those killer cops directly. Good job.
  • The Lonious Monk

You conveniently left out the fact that he never addressed those killer cops directly. Good job.

His concern was with trying to stem the destructive tide that is ongoing right now. Why did he need to address the killer cops to do that? Because of those riots, there are black people in those neighborhoods that lost their homes and jobs. Maybe Ray is more concerned with stopping people from hurting others in their own community than addressing some pigs that don't give a ? about what he has to say anyway.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

His concern was with trying to stem the destructive tide that is ongoing right now. Why did he need to address the killer cops to do that? Because of those riots, there are black people in those neighborhoods that lost their homes and jobs. Maybe Ray is more concerned with stopping people from hurting others in their own community than addressing some pigs that don't give a ? about what he has to say anyway.

Some people are doomed to fail man.No matter how much truth you bring they won't listen and will just be another causality.It's a waste at this point.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    get off youtube and get int the streets ray
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

because a man getting his spine snapped in 8 places while in police custody is the root of the protests/riots

everybody is saying how WE should stop rioting (which I agree with), but weeks after this mans death and we still don't have an explanation from the police concerning what happened to that man

they're killing us unjustifiably yet everyone is telling us to stop the violence. what kind of ? is that?
  • dwade206

White supremacy caused those riots. Stop deviating from what is the root cause.