Ray Lewis gives motivational speech to Baltimore youth

Options

Comments

• Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, now these negros are marching through the street singin' "THIS LIL' LIGHT OF MINE"

Seriously... I'm watching it on CNN right now.

I'm gonna ? .

What's wrong with these weirdos.

How is holding hands and singing ? spirituals gonna change things?

White people are sitting at home right now laughing at this buffoonery.

I'm done.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Idiots still think destroying your own ? is the way to go, like that's sending a message to the world that anyone will take serious. High school kids with misplaced energy and a lack of thought to the family grieving started that riot. Opportunist jumped on board. Buffoonery

No one said it was the way to go. It is anger due to white supremacy. But of course, you always seem to gloss over that. Great job. You're on a roll.

That's false re-read some posts where a couple folks were justifying the riots. And it wasn't due just to white supremacy, looting and burning your own neighborhood and high school kids yelling we run this city is something else entirely. Just continue to ignore it I guess

Yup, blame the oppressed, not the oppresser. Shut up ?

You wrote nothing constructive, like I said ? I don't condone burning down and looting your own ? how does that help the oppressed and negatively affect the oppressor, you want to riot, then riot in the oppressors neighborhood not in the oppressed neighborhood... ? common sense

Walk us through how you would riot step by step in this situation.

Ain't no step by step, you march into the opressors neighborhoods and centers and wreck shop. That will show them you mean business.

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan. I'm sure black people won't get killed in that scenario. How about this, instead of ignoring what I've said in several threads about fighting this economically, you can lead a group of ? people like yourself into upscale neighborhoods to tear ? up, ultimately leading to your early death or incarceration, and then tell me all about it.
    You and Ray Lewis need to sit your Uncle Tom ? down.
  • dwade206
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Ray is full of ? . He's so passionate in telling what black kids should do, but doesnt show much anger for the racist supremacy that blacks face.

What is this based on? He clearly commented on the wrongness of what's being done to the people in Baltimore. Once again, I'm not understanding the criticisms you people are making. He's not telling anyone to not be mad or not do anything about what's happening. He's just expressing his opinion that what's currently being done is not the right thing. You can disagree, but all these character attacks are out of line.

You conveniently left out the fact that he never addressed those killer cops directly. Good job.

His concern was with trying to stem the destructive tide that is ongoing right now. Why did he need to address the killer cops to do that? Because of those riots, there are black people in those neighborhoods that lost their homes and jobs. Maybe Ray is more concerned with stopping people from hurting others in their own community than addressing some pigs that don't give a ? about what he has to say anyway.

White supremacy caused those riots. Stop deviating from what is the root cause.

White supremacy wasn't burning black people's homes down. Other black people were doing that. Nobody is ignoring root cause. However, just because racism is at the core of why the riots happened doesn't mean that someone can't speak out against the riots when they were the immediate threat. Again, those cops are under investigation. The ? hasn't even been resolved yet, so why should people prioritize speaking on that over the destruction that was currently going on at the time?

The reaction to white supremacy has been measured in American history before (Ferguson, Watts, LA, Baltimore). If it wasn't for white supremacy, it would've just been a normal day in B-More. But people like you want to point the finger at the oppressed as if it is completely acceptable to live in peace under white supremacy. Again, good job.

You're arguing all around the point. No one is saying that it's wrong to speak out against white supremacy. There are plenty of people using these events as a springboard to do just that. You keep on using the term "pointing the finger" which is so stupid in this context. No one is blaming rioters or looters for the conditions that have led to this. People are calling rioters and looters out for the damage they are causing, which is perfectly valid. Ray was not telling them not to be mad or to ignore the racism that is negatively impacting them. He was calling on them to be more responsible about how they direct their anger. It doesn't make any sense to damage yourself and others just as oppressed as you to get back at those who are oppressing you. That's dumb as ? .

You have the benefit of being removed from the situation, so there is no reason you shouldn't be able to sit back and employ logic. If you run into a teen that has been bullied heavily and is in the middle of attempting to commit suicide, do you try to get that person to stop what they're doing or do you go run to find the bullies that pushed that teen to that point so you can fuss at them? If you choose to do the latter, that's fine I guess, but I don't see why you'd have anger towards someone who instead chooses to do the former.

Using your own analogy, I think it's extreme to compare the riots to a bullied teen committing suicide. I think something more accurate would be a bully and battered teen who has had enough..but doesn't quite know how to deal with his emotions/frustrations so in a fit of rage he goes home and punches the wall, bloodying his own knuckles, destroying his own room( think of the scene from Boyz N the Hood where Tre has the breakdown at nia long's house..but more intense). An obvious cry for help.

Are you going to go in and chastise the teen for not "Being better at being angry?" Or are you going to comfort the teen, hear him out, work with him to find productive solutions moving forward?

If the first thing you want to do is lecture, cool but I don't understand how y'all can look down on people who don't think this is the time for that.

lol You're trying too hard to make a one to one connection between the two analogies. That's not the point of an analogy.

In both the real situation and my analogy, the fundamental problem is one party victimizing another party. In both the real situation and my analogy, the victimized party is taking a self destructive action. The point of the analogy is that some see it is smarter to prioritize saving the victimized party from itself over condemning the bully because getting the bully to be recognized as the cause of all the trouble is meaningless if the victim has already done irreparable damage to itself.

But come on tho…suicide is kind of an extreme metaphor for these riots. They were self-destructive but they weren't suicide . Those check cashing places, liquor stores and the CVS weren't the lifeblood holding everything together

True, but that's not really the point. You're getting hung up on an irrelevant difference. But if that's really that big of a hang-up, then the bullied teen isn't committing suicide, he/she is just cutting him/herself. The point remains the same.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Idiots still think destroying your own ? is the way to go, like that's sending a message to the world that anyone will take serious. High school kids with misplaced energy and a lack of thought to the family grieving started that riot. Opportunist jumped on board. Buffoonery

No one said it was the way to go. It is anger due to white supremacy. But of course, you always seem to gloss over that. Great job. You're on a roll.

That's false re-read some posts where a couple folks were justifying the riots. And it wasn't due just to white supremacy, looting and burning your own neighborhood and high school kids yelling we run this city is something else entirely. Just continue to ignore it I guess

You wrote nothing constructive, like I said ? I don't condone burning down and looting your own ? how does that help the oppressed and negatively affect the oppressor, you want to riot, then riot in the oppressors neighborhood not in the oppressed neighborhood... ? common sense

Ain't no step by step, you march into the opressors neighborhoods and centers and wreck shop. That will show them you mean business.

Lol the police have secured those neighborhoods. Use common sense bro

bro I rather go attempt to destroy their neighborhood and not have common sense then have common sense and destroy my own neighborhood
  • Focal Point
    Options
    ?

? ass no sense making ?
  • Focal Point
    Options

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan. I'm sure black people won't get killed in that scenario. How about this, instead of ignoring what I've said in several threads about fighting this economically, you can lead a group of ? people like yourself into upscale neighborhoods to tear ? up, ultimately leading to your early death or incarceration, and then tell me all about it.

Have you read what you wrote idiot??? I plainly said that destroying your own neighborhood is stupid... how is that economically a great thing. You're all over the place with your posts and not making one bit of sense you support the rioting and destroying of a black neighborhood in anger and then turn around to talk about oh you have to start off on the economic level to build up. What??? Concetrate you stupid ? .
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Not to mention it has led to over 27 ppl's incarceration in their own neighborhood for destroying their own ? , so if you're going to go to jail, go for ? not negatively affecting your fellow black man's living & lifestyle brotha
  • dwade206
    Options

Have you read what you wrote idiot??? I plainly said that destroying your own neighborhood is stupid... how is that economically a great thing. You're all over the place with your posts and not making one bit of sense you support the rioting and destroying of a black neighborhood in anger and then turn around to talk about oh you have to start off on the economic level to build up. What??? Concetrate you stupid ? .

You would make Don Lemon proud. Now go get your tap shoes, ? . Get ta tapping.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's one thing to champion for our young to fight against inequality, protest injustice and be positively active within the community.

But to encourage the black youth to go out and just tear ? up with no strategy or organization

I can't in good conscious co-sign that
  • Focal Point
    Options

I see you lack understanding and comprehension. Do well in life bruh.

May the dark rings around your eyes grow darker.
  • dwade206
    Options

And may your inner ? destroy the rest of your feeble mind.
  • Focal Point
    Options

Don't let buffoonery be your path my child
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Did ya'll both just call each other ? ? This ? is getting out of hand. lol
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ray is full of ? . He's so passionate in telling what black kids should do, but doesnt show much anger for the racist supremacy that blacks face.

What is this based on? He clearly commented on the wrongness of what's being done to the people in Baltimore. Once again, I'm not understanding the criticisms you people are making. He's not telling anyone to not be mad or not do anything about what's happening. He's just expressing his opinion that what's currently being done is not the right thing. You can disagree, but all these character attacks are out of line.

You conveniently left out the fact that he never addressed those killer cops directly. Good job.

His concern was with trying to stem the destructive tide that is ongoing right now. Why did he need to address the killer cops to do that? Because of those riots, there are black people in those neighborhoods that lost their homes and jobs. Maybe Ray is more concerned with stopping people from hurting others in their own community than addressing some pigs that don't give a ? about what he has to say anyway.

White supremacy caused those riots. Stop deviating from what is the root cause.

White supremacy wasn't burning black people's homes down. Other black people were doing that. Nobody is ignoring root cause. However, just because racism is at the core of why the riots happened doesn't mean that someone can't speak out against the riots when they were the immediate threat. Again, those cops are under investigation. The ? hasn't even been resolved yet, so why should people prioritize speaking on that over the destruction that was currently going on at the time?

The reaction to white supremacy has been measured in American history before (Ferguson, Watts, LA, Baltimore). If it wasn't for white supremacy, it would've just been a normal day in B-More. But people like you want to point the finger at the oppressed as if it is completely acceptable to live in peace under white supremacy. Again, good job.

You're arguing all around the point. No one is saying that it's wrong to speak out against white supremacy. There are plenty of people using these events as a springboard to do just that. You keep on using the term "pointing the finger" which is so stupid in this context. No one is blaming rioters or looters for the conditions that have led to this. People are calling rioters and looters out for the damage they are causing, which is perfectly valid. Ray was not telling them not to be mad or to ignore the racism that is negatively impacting them. He was calling on them to be more responsible about how they direct their anger. It doesn't make any sense to damage yourself and others just as oppressed as you to get back at those who are oppressing you. That's dumb as ? .

You have the benefit of being removed from the situation, so there is no reason you shouldn't be able to sit back and employ logic. If you run into a teen that has been bullied heavily and is in the middle of attempting to commit suicide, do you try to get that person to stop what they're doing or do you go run to find the bullies that pushed that teen to that point so you can fuss at them? If you choose to do the latter, that's fine I guess, but I don't see why you'd have anger towards someone who instead chooses to do the former.

Using your own analogy, I think it's extreme to compare the riots to a bullied teen committing suicide. I think something more accurate would be a bully and battered teen who has had enough..but doesn't quite know how to deal with his emotions/frustrations so in a fit of rage he goes home and punches the wall, bloodying his own knuckles, destroying his own room( think of the scene from Boyz N the Hood where Tre has the breakdown at nia long's house..but more intense). An obvious cry for help.

Are you going to go in and chastise the teen for not "Being better at being angry?" Or are you going to comfort the teen, hear him out, work with him to find productive solutions moving forward?

If the first thing you want to do is lecture, cool but I don't understand how y'all can look down on people who don't think this is the time for that.

lol You're trying too hard to make a one to one connection between the two analogies. That's not the point of an analogy.

In both the real situation and my analogy, the fundamental problem is one party victimizing another party. In both the real situation and my analogy, the victimized party is taking a self destructive action. The point of the analogy is that some see it is smarter to prioritize saving the victimized party from itself over condemning the bully because getting the bully to be recognized as the cause of all the trouble is meaningless if the victim has already done irreparable damage to itself.

But come on tho…suicide is kind of an extreme metaphor for these riots. They were self-destructive but they weren't suicide . Those check cashing places, liquor stores and the CVS weren't the lifeblood holding everything together

True, but that's not really the point. You're getting hung up on an irrelevant difference. But if that's really that big of a hang-up, then the bullied teen isn't committing suicide, he/she is just cutting him/herself. The point remains the same.

Ok well if the teen is cutting himself or doing anything self-destructive you not gonna bust in the room and start yelling at the teen right? You gonna listen to what the teen has to say…people do that for attention..because they're not being heard. Stop talking stop lecturing and LISTEN. Show some compassion..some empathy..all that good human ? .

Nobody wants to hear Ray Lewis come in and try to act like he cares about the kids now when he had never made a video when the kids were getting beaten/killed. I don't know the extent of his involvement with the community prior to this he was probably very involved…but this right here ain't a good look. I've never seen so much passion from him for when these kids were being brutalized why all this passion now that they're lashing out? That's the problem people have with this in a nutshell.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean you have sone on here who believe that we should go on a suicide mission to attack a building with military grade weapons with rocks and knives.

You have civilians not soldiers.

So that's why I ask Mr.Focal Point what would his step by step be to go into these neighborhoods and if he is aware of the resistance that waits for him and his martyrs.

Cause just like in Ferguson they were trying to bring the Riot to police stations and other neighborhoods but just like in Ferguson the gateway to those areas were blocked off by a row of cops and military grade weapons just in case
  • Focal Point
    Options
    I mean you have sone on here who believe that we should go on a suicide mission to attack a building with military grade weapons with rocks and knives.

So that's why I ask Mr.Focal Point what would his step by step be to go into these neighborhoods and if he is aware of the resistance that waits for him and his martyrs.

Cause just like in Ferguson they were trying to bring the Riot to police stations and other neighborhoods but just like in Ferguson the gateway to those areas were blocked off by a row of cops and military grade weapons just in case

I knew what you were asking and in reality it's no small measure of an attack. The logistics are crazy. You have some with the Eye of the Tiger, but the Rings of the ? encircling those eyes.
    But my point above all is why destroy what we got, get set back years, and leave those who cause the issues comfy in their homes. I'd rather wreck shop in their area than mine. Its self defeating to mess up what I and others like us have in our neighborhood of residence.

But going against a well oiled machine while possible and has been done before, it's good to understand the many more failures to the so few successes.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I knew what you were asking and in reality it's no small measure of an attack. The logistics are crazy. You have some with the Eye of the Tiger, but the Rings of the ? encircling those eyes.
    But my point above all is why destroy what we got, get set back years, and leave those who cause the issues comfy in their homes. I'd rather wreck shop in their area than mine. Its self defeating to mess up what I and others like us have in our neighborhood of residence.

But going against a well oiled machine while possible and has been done before, it's good to understand the many more failures to the so few successes.

I see your point

But

Far as I'm concern most hoods don't have ? worth saving in the first place. In my hood the best thing we have Is brand new housing apartments.

But what you're implying requires togetherness and strategic planning. Calling each other ? is not togetherness,its separatism.

Can't denounce people who think differently in your race while your race is being attacked by other races that's counterproductive also.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Ok well if the teen is cutting himself or doing anything self-destructive you not gonna bust in the room and start yelling at the teen right? You gonna listen to what the teen has to say…people do that for attention..because they're not being heard. Stop talking stop lecturing and LISTEN. Show some compassion..some empathy..all that good human ? .

Nobody wants to hear Ray Lewis come in and try to act like he cares about the kids now when he had never made a video when the kids were getting beaten/killed. I don't know the extent of his involvement with the community prior to this he was probably very involved…but this right here ain't a good look. I've never seen so much passion from him for when these kids were being brutalized why all this passion now that they're lashing out? That's the problem people have with this in a nutshell.

Would I scream on the self-destructive teen? No, but that's because I'm not a screaming ass ? like that. However, if I witnessed that self-destructive teen doing something to damage him/herself, yes, I would most definitely take some action to put that to a stop before I worried about confronting the bullies. If you want to say that Ray shouldn't be getting all hype the way he did, that's fine. But he's just being himself. That ? gives a speech bashing the sun for quitting every time it goes down for the day. That's just who he is. You can say that he might not have been the right person to deliver the message this time, and you might be right. But that's completely different than saying he's wrong for speaking out against the rioting before making some pointless condemnation of the officers.
  • Focal Point
    Options

I see your point

But

Far as I'm concern most hoods don't have ? worth saving in the first place. In my hood the best thing we have Is brand new housing apartments.

But what you're implying requires togetherness and strategic planning. Calling each other ? is not togetherness,its separatism.

Can't denounce people who think differently in your race while your race is being attacked by other races that's counterproductive also.

True, but we all fall short lol, sometimes we misunderstand our fellow soldiers and disagreements get carried away. And far as your home area, and this is for anybody... It may be a ? , but it's your ? and wrecking where you live doesn't create the changes we need if that makes sense.
  • dwade206
    Options

Don't let white supremacy keep you from the truth, ? ? .
  • Focal Point
    Options

Never let cooning be the foundation of your soul bruh, you are a descendant of Great Kings, eviserate yourself of ? niggardry
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them lil' nigglet savages aint trying to hear that ? , B.
  • dwade206
    Options

Never let cooning be the foundation of your soul bruh, you are a descendant of Great Kings, eviserate yourself of ? niggardry

Your father failed you.
  • Focal Point
    edited May 2015
    Options

Your father failed you.
    Let go the foolish ways of being a ? ? only then will you rise and your father will be proud.