Said It Like It Is: Tupac Shakur's Profound Words & The Relevance Of Today! R.I.P. Tupac Shakur

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? he spoke here.....RIP to the GOAT
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very pertinent
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You do know Pac was the most contradictory Rapper ever, right?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2015
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »

Haven't most rappers been contradictory though?

Nas made Black Girl Lost and a few years later made Oochie Wally. In the end what matters is the overall message and 2pac more then almost any other rapper made sure to speak about uplifting his people. Keep Ya Head Up, Brenda's Got A Baby, Dear Mama, etc
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You do know Pac was the most contradictory Rapper ever,

You know what's worse to me.. seeing we ALL contradict ourselves over and over.. is rappers that say they love the community or feel saddened by something.. but go on their merry way and do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to try change a bad situation.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no matter what pac still wanted to help black community unlike jayz who never say ? about whats going on .
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Worl'boss wrote: »

the video links dead, but its all good, pac was django, rebel, renegade, he was the truth, i feel like yeah, if he had lived he would have gone on the do sumthin big politically, he was deep wit it, in interviews talking on man like geronimo ji jaga aka geronimo pratt & peeps like that, revoultionary gangsta for real, for real
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2015
    Options
    no matter what pac still wanted to help black community unlike jayz who never say ? about whats going on .

2pac spoke on Black issues a lot and I always loved that about him. Jay-Z doesn't speak up on it as much but he gained a lot of respect from me this week when it was found out he's been bailing out protestors who protested for Freddie Gray, Michael Brown and Eric Garner. He wired thousands of dollars to a fund that bailed out dozens or hundreds of them.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    2pac spoke on Black issues a lot and I always loved that about him. Jay-Z doesn't speak up on it as much but he gained a lot of respect from me this week when it was found out he's been bailing out protestors who protested for Freddie Gray, Michael Brown and Eric Garner. He wired thousands of dollars to a fund that bailed out dozens or hundreds of them.
    trying to figure out if he still needs to make up in a karmic sense for his Barclays Center shenanigans
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    trying to figure out if he still needs to make up in a karmic sense for his Barclays Center shenanigans

Yeah he might, he left the Brooklyn Nets hanging. I thought he would help bring more talent to Brooklyn but instead he cashed out his small 1% ownership fee and bounced. Not sure what your complaint is though
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah he might, he left the Brooklyn Nets hanging. I thought he would help bring more talent to Brooklyn but instead he cashed out his small 1% ownership fee and bounced. Not sure what your complaint is though
    notice i didn't say the Nets, but the Barclays Center.
    now look up the use of eminent domain and/or the neighborhoods in which the Barclays Center was built.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    notice i didn't say the Nets, but the Barclays Center.
    now look up the use of eminent domain and/or the neighborhoods in which the Barclays Center was built.

I just looked that up, damn that was foul of Barclays Center to do that. Smh, the media barely talked about how they forced many people out of their homes....maybe Jay-Z found out about all this just last year, and is now trying to gain favor with his conscience
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

2pac spoke on Black issues a lot and I always loved that about him. Jay-Z doesn't speak up on it as much but he gained a lot of respect from me this week when it was found out he's been bailing out protesters who protested for Freddie Gray, Michael Brown and Eric Garner. He wired thousands of dollars to a fund that bailed out dozens or hundreds of them.
    If people would just do some research, they would find out that Jay-Z have been doing A lot of these type of things and more for our people for over A decade"
  • kingblaze84
    Options

2pac spoke on Black issues a lot and I always loved that about him. Jay-Z doesn't speak up on it as much but he gained a lot of respect from me this week when it was found out he's been bailing out protesters who protested for Freddie Gray, Michael Brown and Eric Garner. He wired thousands of dollars to a fund that bailed out dozens or hundreds of them.
    If people would just do some research, they would find out that Jay-Z have been doing A lot of these type of things and more for our people for over A decade"

I know, I'm a big Jay-Z fan and I've read and heard about his generosity in some cases. I was just saying he gained even more respect from me
  • MichaelYGalindo
    MichaelYGalindo Members Posts: 2
    Options
    RIP 2Pac! He was a great man.