A Video That Compares Life As A Black And A White Person

Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charged more for cars???

I never heard that one that's crazy.

I'm naming my children names that are unmistakably Black …

That whole "don't name him that he'll never get a job" thing is weak.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    Charged more for cars???

I never heard that one that's crazy.

I'm naming my children names that are unmistakably Black …

That whole "don't name him that he'll never get a job" thing is weak.

Co-? sign, my daughter has a Swahali name, getting a job is all about connects
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Many of us were already aware of this unfortunate reality, so all the cited studies did were confirm it. The sad part is even in the face of evidence, whites will still deny their white privilege.

FYI this tidbit from the video:
    White legislators did not respond as frequently to constituents with black sounding names - in both political parties.

Is pretty damning to the typical, oft-repeated rebuttal of "there are peaceful and more productive ways of expressing your concerns, like talking to your local legislators..." in response to more radical approaches.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Many of us were already aware of this unfortunate reality, so all the cited studies did were confirm it. The sad part is even in the face of evidence, whites will still deny their white privilege.

Found this video on that ? ass buzzfeed. The white people on the comments were pretty shocked and were like " man it's 2015, let's end this"

The only reason to why they had compassion was because the video was shown by the feminist whites at buzzfeed.

Let worldstar put that up and its propaganda.

They know that "they" are the only problem to why racial discrimination exist.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Good post.

I have always said that when you take all of these and other studies together, there can be no doubt that racial discrimination remains alive and well. You almost have to be willfully obstinate to be doubtful in face of all these studies.

These sorts of studies should be more widely disseminated.
  • mysticmonroe7
    mysticmonroe7 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    This video makes me want to take a white friend with me to buy a car. Pretend she's buying the car then reveal the truth right before its time to sign the paperwork.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    They forgot to do the statistics of white people locking their doors when they see a black man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    This video makes me want to take a white friend with me to buy a car. Pretend she's buying the car then reveal the truth right before its time to sign the paperwork.

Studies show that white women pay more for cars too.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They forgot to do the statistics of white people locking their doors when they see a black man, or white women clutching their belongings when they come near one of us. Like I can't just knock your head off and take your ? anyway, but that's besides the point. Nobody wants your ? , ? !

I was walkn behind this white ? at night I was behind her for 2 mins n she crosses the street..I just laughed..

Mind u we were doing down long ass street
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    They forgot to do the statistics of white people locking their doors when they see a black man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

I be wanting to throw a brick through theIr ? whenever they do that to me.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    They forgot to do the statistics of white people locking their doors when they see a black man, or white women clutching their belongings when they come near one of us. Like I can't just knock your head off and take your ? anyway, but that's besides the point. Nobody wants your ? , ? !

I was walkn behind this white ? at night I was behind her for 2 mins n she crosses the street..I just laughed..

Mind u we were doing down long ass street

This ? get me mad af sometimes. I'm 6'5 , 270 so I somewhat understand how I can make people uncomfortable but in reality I'm the reason you make it down that street safe cause no one is gonna try that ? around me, and if they did I'm the ? that might get active. Its irritating for real.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI this tidbit from the video:
    White legislators did not respond as frequently to constituents with black sounding names - in both political parties.

Is pretty damning to the typical, oft-repeated rebuttal of "there are peaceful and more productive ways of expressing your concerns, like talking to your local legislators..." in response to more radical approaches.

You don't have to look any farther than the comments section of that video to see that the bold is true.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just today I was walking behind a white guy and he darted like tom cruise to the right into his building destination as the door closed and didnt looked back not holding the door or nothing.

I wasnt even going in that ? anyway.