Trap Muzik
    GRODT didn't age well at all except for the hits
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    Trap Muzik was more influential…T.I inspired a whole generation of southern rappers that followed him with that…only ? that's really on the 50 Cent tree is Troy Ave

who yung thug ? homie quan? no after trap muzik current southern rappers at that time started also blowing up as well.

and as far a lasting appeal nationwide GRODT had that impact. GRODT singles were part of popular culture for years after the release. Whereas TI had southern regional classics from that album but a year after Trap Muzik it had all but faded nationwide.

u underestimating Rubberband Man and to say the only ? under tip tree is thug and quan is ridiculous.

24s and rubberband man on its on was a hit. but even that song didn't have a quarter of the success of GRODT singles.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap Muzik
    Trap Muzik is unskippable.

AND THEN HE ONLY HAD 1 SONG THAT HAD FEATURES!.. THE REST HE RODE THE CD OUT SOLO!
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap Muzik
    Trap Muzik was more influential…T.I inspired a whole generation of southern rappers that followed him with that…only ? that's really on the 50 Cent tree is Troy Ave

who yung thug ? homie quan? no after trap muzik current southern rappers at that time started also blowing up as well.

and as far a lasting appeal nationwide GRODT had that impact. GRODT singles were part of popular culture for years after the release. Whereas TI had southern regional classics from that album but a year after Trap Muzik it had all but faded nationwide.

u underestimating Rubberband Man and to say the only ? under tip tree is thug and quan is ridiculous.

24s and rubberband man on its on was a hit. but even that song didn't have a quarter of the success of GRODT singles.

I mean if you're going to talk commercially of course it's no question…I thought we were talking about impact/quality/longevity
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Trap Muzik
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Doin My Job is my favorite song on the album, but I've probably listened to Bezzle more than any song on that album. That beat, with the ? in the background, is too tough. Plus, you got Tip talking ? and 8ball & MJG spitting back and forth. I can't wait to play that in the whip after work.

BUN B'S VERSE ON BEZZLE WAS HIS 2ND BEST VERSE OF ALLLL TIME (MURDA 1ST)
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    First to 25 moves to the next round
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    GRODT was better then and still holds up better imo
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich or Die Tryin

I mean if you're going to talk commercially of course it's no question…I thought we were talking about impact/quality/longevity

In Da Club, Many Men, ? , have all aged better than 24s or Rubberbandman. And again the impact of GRODT nationwide was bigger than Trap Muzik which was regional like the lower marion kobe bryant. Everything else 50 made was ok or locally popping. GRODT was internationally impactful commercially and in the streets.

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    :((
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Too damn easy
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Went with GRODT
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    What Up Gangsta
    Patiently Waiting
    Many Men
    In Da Club
    High All The Time
    Heat
    If I Cant
    Blood Hound
    Back Down
    ?
    Like My Style
    Poor Lil Rich
    21 Questions
    Dont Push Me
    Gotta Make It To Heaven
    Wanksta
    U Not Like Me
    Life's On The Line

all classic songs. pretty easy decision.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap Muzik
    riddlerap wrote: »
    What Up Gangsta
    Patiently Waiting
    Many Men
    In Da Club
    High All The Time
    Heat
    If I Cant
    Blood Hound
    Back Down
    ?
    Like My Style
    Poor Lil Rich
    21 Questions
    Dont Push Me
    Gotta Make It To Heaven
    Wanksta
    U Not Like Me
    Life's On The Line

all classic songs. pretty easy decision.

valid

this guy has never been bias.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap Muzik

In Da Club, Many Men, ? , have all aged better than 24s or Rubberbandman. And again the impact of GRODT nationwide was bigger than Trap Muzik which was regional like the lower marion kobe bryant. Everything else 50 made was ok or locally popping. GRODT was internationally impactful commercially and in the streets.

we talkin whats the biggest album or what sounds better to us

cuz if we talkin biggest then why is this even a comparison?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    GRODT- 27
    TM- 18

GRODT moves on to the next round.
This discussion has been closed.