Stacey Dash Pay Inequality Is An Excuse Women Should Work Harder

Options
2»

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    She has a point. The 78 cent to every dollar statistic is based on women working fewer hours, less overtime, and lower paying positions than men. If women did work harder they would close this gap. When statisticians control for these factors the wage gap disappears.

I think I read somewhere that these things do not fully explain the gap.

Anyway, and more importantly, that's not what she said. As I understand her, what she's saying is that even if the gap is real -- in the sense of being unexplainable by other factors -- women shouldn't complain about it. They should simply work harder.

And that is a ? up way to think.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? needs to keep a ? in her mouth at all times to keep her ass from ever talking again.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    She has a point. The 78 cent to every dollar statistic is based on women working fewer hours, less overtime, and lower paying positions than men. If women did work harder they would close this gap. When statisticians control for these factors the wage gap disappears.

How do you define working harder

More hours, more over time, and jobs that are more difficult to get into

My point is those dont necessarily measure how hard someone is working. For example you can work overtime without doing ?

So then do it if you want more money

But don't not do it then get mad that others who are make more money, cause that's something they can change
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Freudian wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    stacey smash

securedownload-1.jpeg
    13880934_ori.jpg?w=605
    Stacey-Dash-clueless-29484056-1066-1600.jpg
    Stacey-Dash-2-300x254.jpg
    skan4-stacey-dash.jpg

That's actual proof that there is natural beauty on earth.

And more proof that beauty is only skin deep.

You don't know her, I don't know her...so we can't know her personality. You might not agree with her politics, but that doesn't make her a bad person. She might be thoroughly sweet in real life.

That ass...those legs? Damn.

Hell, she could have the heart of a harpy, I'd still carnalize her.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not completely true

When you control for things like education, overtime and experience for some occupations the gap closes but still persist

I will say the biggest reasons for the gap is between men and women doing different jobs ...
    men thoroughly dominate the highest paying positions ...

And women dont work as many hours

Its ridiculous and lazy though to than jump to the conclusion that it must be because women arent hard workers lol

Or that women dont like to make money

Research shows that gender bias among hiring managers in STEM fields is extraordinarily prevalent

Women have to take time off for pregnancies... and often return to reduced hourly schedules after giving birth

Women more than likely to take care of elderly family members so thats also factor

And considering the cost of day care its more cost effective for one parent to stay home, and thanks in great part to societal/social norms it's usually not going to be the father

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    stacey smash

securedownload-1.jpeg
    13880934_ori.jpg?w=605
    Stacey-Dash-clueless-29484056-1066-1600.jpg
    Stacey-Dash-2-300x254.jpg
    skan4-stacey-dash.jpg

That's actual proof that there is natural beauty on earth.

And more proof that beauty is only skin deep.

You don't know her, I don't know her...so we can't know her personality. You might not agree with her politics, but that doesn't make her a bad person. She might be thoroughly sweet in real life.

That ass...those legs? Damn.

Hell, she could have the heart of a harpy, I'd still carnalize her.

I know enough about a right-wing black woman that acts like she doesn't want to be black. But I would rage-? the ? out of her confused-ass.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @So ILL don't know whether to laugh, GOAT or ether that response, so I shall do neither.
  • LUClEN
    Options

When you control for things like education, overtime and experience for some occupations the gap closes but still persist

I will say the biggest reasons for the gap is between men and women doing different jobs ...

Its ridiculous and lazy though to than jump to the conclusion that it must be because women arent hard workers lol

Research shows that gender bias among hiring managers in STEM fields is extraordinarily prevalent

Women have to take time off for pregnancies... and often return to reduced hourly schedules after giving birth

Women more than likely to take care of elderly family members so thats also factor

And considering the cost of day care its more cost effective for one parent to stay home, and thanks in great part to societal/social norms it's usually not going to be the father

The gap gets super tiny when those are controlled for
    It's about 1-2%, which some economists speculate is due to women being less firm in negotiations about wage, or simply avoiding negotiations altogether

But you're right about the costs of childcare
    Not to mention that taking time off effects the ability for women to advance
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

and who is at fault for that???? if those are the reasons women make slightly less money then there is no solution to what you feminist consider a problem. unless you consider not taking care of your children/parents an option
  • LUClEN
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

and who is at fault for that???? if those are the reasons women make slightly less money then there is no solution to what you feminist consider a problem. unless you consider not taking care of your children/parents an option

Why is a woman the only one punished for a family though? Men want kids too
  • mysticmonroe7
    mysticmonroe7 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Options

Blacks get paid less also. You shouldn't get paid more just because of race or gender. Add in all the lawyer fees, bail bonds,etc blacks have to pay for ? fines like jaywalking, broken tail lights,etc. Like the Justice Department found in Fergouson where the cops were targeting blacks for broken tail lights,etc. Getting paid less + more fines & legal fees=poverty.
  • LUClEN
    Options

Blacks get paid less also. You shouldn't get paid more just because of race or gender. Add in all the lawyer fees, bail bonds,etc blacks have to pay for ? fines like jaywalking, broken tail lights,etc. Like the Justice Department found in Fergouson where the cops were targeting blacks for broken tail lights,etc. Getting paid less + more fines & legal fees=poverty.

Race and gender aren't really comparable

A lot of racial inequalities stem from racism within firms
    Black college grads are about as likely to be hired as Whites with criminal records
    McMaster university in Canada did a study maybe 10 years ago where they sent black and white volunteers to apply for various jobs: blacks were offered crumbier jobs than whites, and in restaurants and other kinds of establishments were often sent to the back where they would not be seen

The cross sections are quite different ime
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YiBa4swc1YWj.gif

? . It's ? 's fault for the immaculate conception. You ducking and dodging responsibilities of a hypothetical baby my ? ? Smh
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

YiBa4swc1YWj.gif

? . It's ? 's fault for the immaculate conception. You ducking and dodging responsibilities of a hypothetical baby my ? ? Smh

This was a stupid ass rebuttal smh...
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

YiBa4swc1YWj.gif

This was a stupid ass rebuttal smh...

That wasn't a rebuttal, that was a comment.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she's dumb as ?
    but id still eat that ass
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off, I just wanna say it's Friday. So I'm in a good mood. But there are a couple of concerns I have with what has transpired in this thread that I would like to address....

1.) How has this thread made it past the first page?

2.) I did not watch the video because of Ms. Dash's coonish ways, so I'm ignorant of the conversation going on. So if something of relevance is being discussed, I dont give a damn.

3.) I'm perturbed that some of yall had the audacity to press play on that video....

4.) how-sway.gif

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why do you see taking care of your baby and elderly parents as punishment????

Men want kids but their are biological realities that women cannot escape and these biological factors naturally affect them in the working world.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why do you see taking care of your baby and elderly parents as punishment????

Men want kids but their are biological realities that women cannot escape and these biological factors naturally affect them in the working world.

Its not a punishment

But it obviously comes at an steep expense financially

Especially for single parents

Which is a shame when we as a country can spend millions nation building iraq but we cant make sure parents have access to affordable child/senior care

Or how there is an absence of laws that help protect parents who have to call off to take care of sick children