The Travel Thread

Comments

• Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jungz wrote: »
    Going to the DR next week (13th-19th) for my birthday. First time travelling out of the country by myself.. Y mi espanol es no bueno. Should be goat from what I've heard though.

I'm here nor bruh....where you gonna be at

Out Sosua. New Garden. I'm thinking about spending a day or 2 out in Santo Domingo too though... Don't know if I want to spend the whole trip in that lil town. Where you at down there and how is it? I know its been hot af past few days lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in punca cana...but going to Santo Domingo this week end.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to the DR next week (13th-19th) for my birthday. First time travelling out of the country by myself.. Y mi espanol es no bueno. Should be goat from what I've heard though.

Out Sosua. New Garden. I'm thinking about spending a day or 2 out in Santo Domingo too though... Don't know if I want to spend the whole trip in that lil town. Where you at down there and how is it? I know its been hot af past few days lol

Lol that town is like a different world I've stayed at that hotel before. Ill be in puerta plata in June will work my way around the country for the two weeks I'm there. The DR is my second home.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP203 wrote: »
    Screen%20Shot%202015-05-06%20at%207.35.23%20AM_zpsnvoiosi5.png

just went on ryanair to look, yea they're still the ? for getting around europe

Whhhaaat...u paid for a flight??? Lol. Joking!

Naaaa just showing that Ryan air is the cheapest way around Europe

Vueling cheaper from amsterdam to ibiza tho
  • Dirty Sanchez
    @cp203 u been to ibiza? i go every year, my fam lives there i also lived there for a year
  • Dirty Sanchez
    my cousin's homie is head of guardia civil so that ? went to alot of clubs and told them to let us in free, if they didnt we were told to show his police card and they got shook so we got in everywhere through the VIP line

good times
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ibiza is beautiful. Wasn't on the list but it is now! Thanks @dirtysanchez
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Tymoney19 wrote: »

Lol that town is like a different world I've stayed at that hotel before. Ill be in puerta plata in June will work my way around the country for the two weeks I'm there. The DR is my second home.

@Tymoney19

What is it like?

That's exactly where I was going to go and stay at the New Garden Hotel. (I heard this hotel doesn't frown on umm visitors that you bring back)

What the city/night life is like. I had some patnas go (them ? when twice in one month) and they told me to go there and stay at that hotel.

can you elaborate on that area a bit, do's and don'ts, I asked them but they seem to only know about the chickas or whatever they are called out there..
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Not trying to ruin the thread, pictures are cool, but can yall elaborate more on maybe the night life, restaurants, parks and hotels in these places for a simple minded person like myself. Can yall give info on what tours to do if yall experienced any tours at these spots. Like a "what you have/must do things list" for these areas
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to ruin the thread, pictures are cool, but can yall elaborate more on maybe the night life, restaurants, parks and hotels in these places for a simple minded person like myself. Can yall give info on what tours to do if yall experienced any tours at these spots. Like a "what you have/must do things list" for these areas

Tour advice: book the earliest tour available and wake ya ass up and go. You may well end up with a private tour while everyone else sleeps in. You'll be far less likely to spend the day with an obese family in hawaiian shirts
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usually when I go places I get into the culture.

I never was a club dude....

I do the historical sites a see the under belly of stuff.
  • Dirty Sanchez

Not sure if u talking to me but Ibiza has the biggest clubs in the world, i think Privilege is still the biggest nh.

? 's amazing
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Ibiza has a crazy ass nightlife but i enjoy cruising the whole island visiting beaches n ? where the tourists dont come

cala_benirras_9783_630x.jpg
    embedded-1378291106_1.jpg?itok=WIqh_aUs
    playa_cala_esmerelda_cala_dor_busy.jpg
    Cala-Vadella-Beach-Ibiza.jpg
  • Dirty Sanchez
    edited May 2015
    last pic.. i was there last year i was sleeping on the beach and my brother and his homie caught jellyfish and placed them next to me while i was sleeping, i woke up surrounded in jellyfish

? em
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    Ibiza has a crazy ass nightlife but i enjoy cruising the whole island visiting beaches n ? where the tourists dont come

Mmaaannnn!!!! That is some BEAUTIFUL water!!!!!! ? 's works are absolutely amazing.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tours, ? no wherever I go I do my own thing
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear that I do my own thing 90% of the time . If I'm gonna do a tour though I do it at the beginning of the trip because I'll talk to the tour guide about what else is good to do and he may put you up on something you wouldn't have known. And I'll still have time to do it, not find out about it on the last day
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

yea me too, i think Jerusalem was maybe the only place where i took a tour tho and it was good
    learned alot

• bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aight just booked my ticket to Barcelona.

2 questions...

1) anyone been before? Any tips?
    2) in order to get the cheapest and most convenient flight, we had to book a return trip that comes with a transfer in Germany(all other flights were at 9 in the morning, sonar at night ends at about 8am....I ain't try a rush to the airport)...my question is, and it might be a stupid question but I never been on a flight with a stopover...but if you gotta transfer are you allowed to leave the airport and explore?
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a good site to upload pics to btw?
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was considering Barcelona but now I'm not sure anymore. Ibiza looking real nice. How are the prices of the resorts there?

I'm planing to go to Geneva, Switzerland in two weeks. Any one out there with good suggestions?

• CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cp203 u been to ibiza? i go every year, my fam lives there i also lived there for a year

@dirtysanchez yea been to Ibiza a few times and privilege is the ? and its some real weirdos on the clothing optional beaches