2015 NBA Draft, Combine, & Lottery Thread.

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
edited May 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    when is this ? ??
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stanley Johnson and Mario henzoja or w/e dude name is is the two players I have my sights on ...

Stanley Johnson I guess I can watch and I admittedly have watched the combine every year since like 08'
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    when is this ? ??

June 25th.

It will be very interesting to see how some of these non big name guys test out.

Draftexpress.com had a little blurb about a 19 year old 7-2 Indian kid. They still haven't put up all the info they have about him but they said he is more skilled and athletic than they originally thought. I'm kind of interested to see the video and analysis they have
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    when is this ? ??

June 25th.

It will be very interesting to see how some of these non big name guys test out.

Draftexpress.com had a little blurb about a 19 year old 7-2 Indian kid. They still haven't put up all the info they have about him but they said he is more skilled and athletic than they originally thought. I'm kind of interested to see the video and analysis they have
    :|Draft Combine is on May 12 - 17 which is being held in Chicago and the on court 5 on 5 is May 14 - 15. The Lotto is on the 19th and the Draft June 25th.

My bad.

You still think Frank is gonna be the best big man coming out of the draft?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    when is this ? ??

June 25th.

:|Draft Combine is on May 12 - 17 which is being held in Chicago and the on court 5 on 5 is May 14 - 15. The Lotto is on the 19th and the Draft June 25th.

My bad.

Yep, his skill set is rare. He might remind some people as Mehmet Okur, Ryan Anderson, Spencer Hawes, Nowitzki, or Pau Gasol. He just needs to work on his strength and defense. He might start off as a role player but i think he definitely can be a starter once he gets his feet wet. He's what Karl Towns is trying to develop offensively. I'm keeping an eye on him, Delon Wright, and Jerian Grant. Okafor, Towns, and Mudiay aren't participating. The Draft Combine don't mean much to some but it's still good to know how well players perform on agility and speed tests

It seems like you are more partial to older players. I will say that Frank showed me a lot in the tournament but like you stated he has to get stronger in order to be a good NBA player. I said in that one thread that I think he could be a serviceable starter or solid bench guy in the NBA from what I knew and I stick by that.

I still like Karl Anthony Towns out of the big guys because he is already NBA sized, can shoot solid, rebound and actually plays defense.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    when is this ? ??

June 25th.

My bad.

Yep, his skill set is rare. He might remind some people as Mehmet Okur, Ryan Anderson, Spencer Hawes, Nowitzki, or Pau Gasol. He just needs to work on his strength and defense. He might start off as a role player but i think he definitely can be a starter once he gets his feet wet. He's what Karl Towns is trying to develop offensively. I'm keeping an eye on him, Delon Wright, and Jerian Grant. Okafor, Towns, and Mudiay aren't participating. The Draft Combine don't mean much to some but it's still good to know how well players perform on agility and speed tests

It seems like you are more partial to older players. I will say that Frank showed me a lot in the tournament but like you stated he has to get stronger in order to be a good NBA player. I said in that one thread that I think he could be a serviceable starter or solid bench guy in the NBA from what I knew and I stick by that.

I still like Karl Anthony Towns out of the big guys because he is already NBA sized, can shoot solid, rebound and actually plays defense.

We've been dumb down to favor one and dones and think players that are 22 years of age are finished products. I'm like Larry Bird, I like players that spend the 3 to 4 years developing their game but it didn't go well when he picked Hansborough who was great in college. Doug Mcdermott was great to but Frank is different from those two. He didn't surprise me at all during the tourney. His work ethic is being slept on and he has plenty of upside as the younger guys. Teams are gonna regret if they let him slip to the Spurs. He's built for their system as well as the triangle. Karlito is my 1st option. If Knicks miss out on him i hope D'angelo is their 2nd option and Frank the 3rd.

I'm very skittish on Okafor and it's mainly due to his lackadaisical play on the defensive end and his conditioning. Draftexpress said he lost some weight tho. He's great in the post but he's not that aggressive. I don't think he's gonna have his way against NBA Centers and his game is one dimensional.

No way Frank will fall that far in the draft for my Spurs to get him and I doubt they would trade up to get him because we don't have the assets and he might not be what they would be willing to trade a lot to get.

I agree that some people and teams sleep on older players for the mystery of up side or potential. I mean if a guy has proven that he can do what you look for in a player no matter how old he is, you should take him.

Larry Bird has drafted a few older players the last couple of years and they haven't panned out besides Paul George who was only a sophomore if I'm not mistaken. ? , even overrated Lance Stephenson was a 1 and done so Larry Bird isn't immune to drafting younger players and the older guys he has drafted haven't really popped like that in the league.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    No way Frank will fall that far in the draft for my Spurs to get him and I doubt they would trade up to get him because we don't have the assets and he might not be what they would be willing to trade a lot to get.
    At first many didn't see him as a lotto pic. That changed up quickly. I think he deserves to be ahead of Willie Trill as a 6th pick. I've been wondering about Spurs assets. Knicks fans keeping an eye on Danny Green & Corey Joseph. Hope we're able to snatch one of ya boys.
    I agree that some people and teams sleep on older players for the mystery of up side or potential. I mean if a guy has proven that he can do what you look for in a player no matter how old he is, you should take him.

speaking of upperclassmen and underclassmen, peep this article. It's relative to what we were just saying.

Both guys you targeted for your Knicks would be good pick-ups and are free agents. I hope Danny stays with the Spurs because he is a very underrated and an important part of the team. Cory will be a solid back up point guard on any team and he is still fairly young and can keep getting better. Both guys are hard workers and have came a long way from where they started off as players.

As far as the article I seen it on the site but haven't read it yet. I will have to check it out. I'm excited that they are bringing the 5on5 drills back at the combine and I'm very interested to see how some of these guys actually measure out.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when is this ? ??

June 25th.

My bad.

We've been dumb down to favor one and dones and think players that are 22 years of age are finished products. I'm like Larry Bird, I like players that spend the 3 to 4 years developing their game but it didn't go well when he picked Hansborough who was great in college. Doug Mcdermott was great to but Frank is different from those two. He didn't surprise me at all during the tourney. His work ethic is being slept on and he has plenty of upside as the younger guys. Teams are gonna regret if they let him slip to the Spurs. He's built for their system as well as the triangle. Karlito is my 1st option. If Knicks miss out on him i hope D'angelo is their 2nd option and Frank the 3rd.

I'm very skittish on Okafor and it's mainly due to his lackadaisical play on the defensive end and his conditioning. Draftexpress said he lost some weight tho. He's great in the post but he's not that aggressive. I don't think he's gonna have his way against NBA Centers and his game is one dimensional.

Larry Bird has drafted a few older players the last couple of years and they haven't panned out besides Paul George who was only a sophomore if I'm not mistaken. ? , even overrated Lance Stephenson was a 1 and done so Larry Bird isn't immune to drafting younger players and the older guys he has drafted haven't really popped like that in the league.

Wrong. The Bulls Have 2 1st Round picks & will be looking for a backup Center for Noah
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's fitting that a Knicks fan made this thread.

Rockets need to go PG in the draft tho.
    I don't think Pat is coming back after his defense being ass most of the year and getting hurt multiple times.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    Options
    As long as the Knicks, 76'ers, Heat, Magic, & the weak ass Knickerbockers don't get that #1 Pick
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    edited May 2015
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    As long as the Knicks, 76'ers, Heat, Magic, & the weak ass Knickerbockers don't get that #1 Pick

breh, winning the #1 overall pick doesn't matter. It's so much options. As long as they don't pick that no defense lackadaisical soft ass Okafor, the Knicks good gawd

Karlito, Russell, Mudiay, Justise, or Kaminsky ..... we'll be good with one of these guys, ya heard B-)

Kaminsky won't be picked until the Teens. He not goin' that high

You keep spewing this Okafor soft ? . He still going # 1 overall
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    edited May 2015
    Options

breh, winning the #1 overall pick doesn't matter. It's so much options. As long as they don't pick that no defense lackadaisical soft ass Okafor, the Knicks good gawd

Karlito, Russell, Mudiay, Justise, or Kaminsky ..... we'll be good with one of these guys, ya heard B-)

Kaminsky won't be picked until the Teens. He not goin' that high

You keep spewing this Okafor soft ? . He still going # 1 overall

Kaminsky is a lottery pick and definitely worth top 10. ? , top 5 if you ask me. He's definitely better than Willie Cauley Stein who's projected as a 6-7th pick. They're basically the same age but Frank is clearly better. Don't be shocked if he's in the top 10.

Okafor is soft fam, deal with it. As long as he stays away from the Knicks, I don't give a damn if he's the number #1 overall. I've seen his style of play he's a hybrid of Eddy Curry mixed with Maurice Taylor IMO. His soft ass wack defense having one dimensional outdated style is gonna get dominated by NBA Centers. :-q

The only way i can see the Knicks selecting him is if they use him as a trade chip or trade down for 2 quality prospects since they have no picks for next year's draft.

Indeed he is a Lottery Pick. The 13th Pick. Offensively, he betterthan WCS, but defensively, WCS can contribute right away to any team in the NBA. Kaminsky gonna' have trouble finding his shot in the league. I won't be shocked if some fool ass organization like the Knickerbockers, take Frank in the Top 10. Kaminsky ain't trash, I've been reading about dude since he was in HS. I just think Top 10 for Frank is too high in this draft.

Okafor will be way better than Curry... LMAO at Mo Taylor. Okafor's defense sucks, but he'll get better. Kaminsky plays no D either, he's a shooter